Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
It's great to see a story that starts from such an unusual angle. And we get a nice language lesson, too.

felt a familiar flutter belly
Based on the story line, I suppose that is just a my-husband-is-hot flutter and not a baby flutter, but I would be happy to be wrong about this. smile (Also, I think you meant "felt a familiar flutter in her belly")

Nice beginning!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
confused Should I comment on the "language lesson" one? confused

huh I guess not huh

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you you for saying that my story has a nice beginning. I liked that one! wink

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is an interesting premise. What are these guys doing that might threaten Superman? You hint that it involves cloning, but is that really the object of this exercise? And why did it take this young woman seven months to try to get word to Superman? Has she learned more that we haven't seen yet? Is there something else in her life that prevented her from coming any sooner (besides school)? Or is she somehow involved, even without knowing it?

Oh, my 14-year-old daughter is studying German this semester in high school (so far she loves it), and she's bombarding her mother and me with German phrases and translating them and expecting us to remember them. I answer in Spanish and my daughter laughs. Her mother doesn't understand either German or Spanish, so she just frowns. I'm going to show the German portion of this post to her and ask her to translate it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Interesting start. thumbsup

Carla hadn’t even seen them. A scientific project concerning Superman? Medical research? She was thrilled. What could that possibly be? And why would Superman decline? And how could a hair be the reason for him to say ‘no’?
confused What do they want?

confused Is Carla part of this group?

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice story.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oooh! I hadn't noticed you had posted the first part yet. (too busy fixing computers and trying to finish beta reading the other parts of this story *lol*)

The language lesson comment, as far as I understand it, is about the fact you're teaching us German. smile

You guys are going to love this story, it just gets better and better. laugh I had a few very serious "awwww" moments while reading it!

Remember what they did with that hair he had donated.
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! *hits self on the forhead*
Now I understand! I'm sorry I missed it before - it makes so much more sense to me now!

thumbsup

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I understood what the lesson thing meant. But I don't intend to teach anyone. And I'm not to eager to consider myself or to be considered as a teacher. grumble

The German came into the story, because Carla is somehow me. When I, for the first time, set my foot onto the ground of an English speaking country, I chose the first available man and ran into him. ( Too bad it wasn't Clark frown )And I said "Entschuldigung" blush earning myself a very irritated ( and angry (?)) glance.

I decided to use this memory for a story and thought a lot about a reason for a young German woman to run into Clark ( besides searching for close contact to that incredible body wink ). My story would work without German characters. But I think I owe Carla an appearance, since she made this one starting point to a story.
hail Thanks Carla! hail

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard