Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Nice ending - I was pleased to see the Illyria situation resolved so well, and the setup for the sequel looks good. Rayne = Ethan Rayne? In the LC-verse? Uh-oh.... I wonder if this means that there's also a Buffy etc. around somewhere? Lois finding out that Spike is a vampire ought to be fun.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Probably no Buffy in the Lois and Clark universe, at least, not in the story. That's just one ball too many to juggle and make the story work. smile

But yes, Ethan Rayne. But not the Buffyverse Ethan.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You are quite welcome for the help!!

“Parking Spike’s car …”
Since Clark flew Spike to Dawn's dorm room and then he flew both of them back to Metropolis, shouldn't this be Dawn's car?

I loved this part where Bill realizes his powers can help people and not always hurt them..

“Loooooois!” A scream from above her. Arms wrapped around her and her fall was arrested with painful force.

Bill. Bill had caught her. His eyes were huge, and terrified and she could feel him shaking. He‘d reacted without thought -- had just gone after her frantically.
~~~~~~
Bill’s arms tightened around her. In a strained, husky whisper, he said, “I saved you. You would have died. I saved you. I did it.”
Oooooh....

Sounds dangerously close to evil Willow:
“Luz Arcanum!” Willow’s voice hit a pitch that made the hair on Lois’ neck stand on end. The witch stood up from behind Lois’ couch, eyes gone utterly black.
So wouldn't this have also given Clark and Bill an energy increase?

...at the cost of Spike’s sunlight allergy. Then she’d hit her with something nasty.
Yeah! for Bill. He saved Spike.

I just love how well you do 'Illyria speak'. I hope Illyria permanently joins the fight against evil

Aw, I hope Buffy and Spike get back together. I liked them together - much more than Angel and Buffy. Even if Angel couldn't turn into Angelus, I would still have liked them together more.

Did you explain this elsewhere in the story? I know what she said, but will other readers?

“Spike -- what I said, in the Hellmouth? I meant it.” Buffy cupped the side of his face in her hand. “It’s still true.”
loved the whole scene between Buffy and Spike. That was so sweet.

Maybe Buffy could even start calling him Spike, Bill (or William). Sorry I just couldn't resist the joke... lol

It would be interesting to see if Clark's world has vampires and the like after all. I know you said above there would be no Buffy, but it could still be interesting.

I love your set-up for a sequel!!

Remind me who Ethan Raynes is.

Great story!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Ethan Rayne is a human sorcerer who was Giles' evil buddy back in Giles college days. Giles was known as "Ripper" then ... smile

He showed up several times that I can think of in Buffy, variously inflicting evil Halloween costumes on Buffy and the Scoobies (turning Buffy into a damsel in distress, Willow into a ghost, and Xander into a soldier); turned Giles into a demon; was involved in some nasty scheme that got Giles' girlfriend -- the gypsy lady -- possessed. Few other eps, I think.

Buffy finally let the evil secret government soldiers have him. laugh

I'd like to hit Clark and Bill with some more magical whammies -- so I figured Ethan would be a good villain.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, I remember him now. Thanks

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Oh, and good point on what Buffy said in the Hellmouth. I'll have to read the story over in a few days when I polish it up for submission to the various archives and make sure that's clear.

For the folks who haven't seen the series finale of Buffy, Spike was dying -- going up in flames -- and Buffy couldn't get him to leave with her. He'd loved her for several years and she'd never returned it -- for a variety of complicated reasons.

As he was dying she told him that she loved him and he responded, "No you don't, but thanks for saying so."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!! Epilouge!!!Epilouge!!!Epilouge!!!

And then after that we want:

Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!! Sequel!!!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Well, this WAS a doozy!

Bill and Slayer Lois getting together - worth it.

Buffy and Spike reconciling - worth it.

Talking the blue demon out of using the Key instead of destroying her - most excellent.

Our Lois trying to use magic to bring back her Clark (and bringing back nearly the whole Scoobie crew) - priceless.

This is a most satisfying tale. And you left open so many directions for your sequel. I didn't expect Superman to be so vulnerable to magic, but it fits the extablished comics canon, and it worked out beautifully. And now Superman knows about magic and can deal with it more effectively.

I, for one, am looking forward to the next installment. Shucks, this could turn into a really, really LONG multi-part tale. In any case, you've done a marvelous job and I'm certain the next thing you write will be at least as good.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very well done.
Needs a little tightening up on grammar and spelling, but very good, otherwise.

Can't wait for the sequal.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Re: grammar or spelling ...

I'm horrible when I'm writing my own fiction. This is very definitely a rough draft. I'll set it aside, pad out some of the exposition, and fix grammar and spelling (and punctuation) errors on the next pass.

I get into the writing zone when I'm doing fiction and quality control goes right out the window. Go fig.

Originally posted by D8a:
Very well done.
Needs a little tightening up on grammar and spelling, but very good, otherwise.

Can't wait for the sequal.

James

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I need to outline the sequel yet but I'm planning on Slayer Lois and Bill playing a major role in it. Plus, at some point, Bill just has to masquerade as Superman, preferably in front of people who are fairly familiar with Superman, and pull it off. smile

Buffy and Spike had to reconcile. smile

And Lois doing magic is part of the sequel, in my head. Remember, magic is addictive like a drug in the Buffyverse ... and Lois never listens when people tell her to be careful. She's found something she thinks is really cool, she's not the greatest judge of character ... and charming Ethan Rayne is involved. *snicker*

As far as Clark being susceptible to magic, I remembered later that this is canon in Lois and Clark as well. Remember the voodoo episode? He nearly died. I need to rewrite some dialogue to reflect that.

Re: long multi-part tale. NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!

I do not have time for this. I don't. Nooooo!!!!! *LOL* This was supposed to be a one-off story written mostly because I missed writing fanfic and decided to allow myself just one story. Heh. Long multi-part tale is a distinct possibility given that I'm guilty of over a million words written over ten years in another fandom.

I suppose I'll start outlining more than one sequel *wink* after I get caught up on my queue of work. It's inevitable and I should just give up and get it out of my system.

Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Well, this WAS a doozy!

Talking the blue demon out of using the Key instead of destroying her - most excellent.

Our Lois trying to use magic to bring back her Clark (and bringing back nearly the whole Scoobie crew) - priceless.

This is a most satisfying tale. And you left open so many directions for your sequel. I didn't expect Superman to be so vulnerable to magic, but it fits the extablished comics canon, and it worked out beautifully. And now Superman knows about magic and can deal with it more effectively.

I, for one, am looking forward to the next installment. Shucks, this could turn into a really, really LONG multi-part tale. In any case, you've done a marvelous job and I'm certain the next thing you write will be at least as good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's the epilogue you promised us?

And Bangel rules over Spuffy any day of the week.... (Though those idiots at the Buffyworld Forum don't seem to think so....)

Oh and just to make sure people look at this post SEX SEX SEX!!! lol. Oh, and don't drink and fly Clark, it's dangerous for Lois health.......

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
CKW - I think she combined the finale and the epilogue. At least that's the way I read it.

Yes, definitely all worth it:

Worth it too if Angel stays dead... (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Dead? No.

*evil grin*

I like Angel, just not with Buffy -- at least, not in large doses. However, Angel and Spike steal the show when they're in the same scene with each other. They just bring the worst out in each other ...

*whistles innocently*

(And Angel/Spike/LoisX2 in the same scene might equal a rather dangerous critical mass.)

Originally posted by Classicalla:
CKW - I think she combined the finale and the epilogue. At least that's the way I read it.

Yes, definitely all worth it:

Worth it too if Angel stays dead... (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Belated thought on this for the sequel - Buffy & co. have knowledge of events from the 1990s to 2006 that may possibly be relevant to the L&C world, and Clark spent some time researching his alternate self and presumably took a look at current events etc. while he was doing so, just to get an idea of context; I don't know how similar the Buffyverse present and the L&C future are, but it could have an enormous effect on events.

Oh, and another small continuity glitch - I think I'm right to say that Spike called Tara "Glinda", not Willow.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Marcus, thanks. smile I thought it was Willow, but you might be right.

I'm outlining the sequel now; it's got Lois and Clark's version of Ethan Rayne in it as a sort've hero of questionable moral character who is a very bad influence for Clark's Lois; an Angel; and a brain-eating demon. smile

By the way, I was watching Angel on DVD last night and Lindsey makes a clear reference to Superman in the context of Spike not being a superhero. wink I'm choosing to selectively ignore that ...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard