Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It seems like I can only write alt-fics these days. As someone who has always struggled with the yo-yo dieting syndrome, I wanted to explore a fic where Lois *wasn't* a knockout, but still retained the basics of the Lois Lane we love - bright, aggressive, doing anything she had to to get the story -

the big question is...will Clark still love her at first sight?

keep reading....

I appreciate any and all feedback!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Columnist
Columnist
Very, very interesting background. As a lover of alt-universe stories, I'm really looking forward to seeing what is next.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well! This is an interesting premise indeed! A fat Lois! A Lois who is spurned and despised because she's fat, and who apparently decided to go to the Congo(?) all on her own to prove her worth! (Of course, there may be another reason for her disappearance....)

Anyway, this is a very fresh and interesting take on the Superman mythos. More soon, please!

Ann

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, Irene and Ann! FYI, I added a bit more to the chapter - so you may want to take a peek at the additional CK-oriented stuff I just added!

Thanks for your feedback!

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. hyper

mad How could you leave it there!

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey,
I just commented on the other boards when I saw here that you added the CK-intro.

This is a great new take and I almost wished that Clark hadn't known the Lois from the other universe because now he has this picture of her that won't come close to the real person (unless she lost some weight in the jungle, which is quite likely <g>).

I do trust Clark not to be so shallow but there will be some "shock" or at least some reaction when he first sees her. Or will he be so overjoyed to find her to not notice? Heck, maybe he will like her even better this way. Anything is possible in the alt-universe after all. smile

Can't wait to find out! Of course, Lois may have a hard time trusting and believing him...

My head is spinning with the possibilites! dizzy

Natascha

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hey Maria, I decided NOT to end it there and added a bit more (CK).

And I noticed your signature comment. I *do* intend to finish the Third World and Concrete Jungle Love...I just have such writer's block on that ...I made it so complicated that I am waiting for the inspiration to finish them off as brilliantly as possible.

This fic, though, will not have that problem. That's a promise I will keep!

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cont. razz

Is like Lois never existed! hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow! I just read the Clark part of your story. So Lois has disappeared, her mother and sister are dead, and no pictures exist of her? And her father says to Clark that Lois wouldn't be his type of woman? How horribly sad. What is Clark going to say when he meets her, and she is fat? If she is still fat by then, that is. It could be, of cours, that Lois gets lost in the Congo and loses all of her surplus pounds.

I'm sure looking forward to more of this!

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
What an original premise! Being a guy who has to buy from the Big/Tall department (for vertical as well as horizontal reasons), I can identify with this Lois. Too many times I've seen in the eyes of people who meet me something like, "Not too hideous if he'd just lose some weight." I'm sorry this Lois had to go through any of that.

I, too, wonder where she is and what she's been doing since she disappeared that day. Since this is such a different take on Lois, I wonder if she ever went to Africa at all. Maybe not? Maybe there was something else that kept her "undercover" for all this time.

Maybe we'll find out whatever it was soon, like in the next post?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A fat Lois, huh? Interesting premise. Hope that by being so would be not be a hindrance for her... Loises do have a fantastic knack in getting into trouble. :rolleyes: Wonder if it would be love at first sight for Clark...

Looking forward to your next post. hyper

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I thought I might be unleashing an uncomfortable subject with an overweight Lois Lane....and I have to say that my main inspiration for this fic was a Friends episode.

Remember the "Fat Monica" episodes where Courtney Cox (who I always swear would have been a GREAT Lois Lane!) does these flashback episodes to her fat days (and they really make her look bloated, especially the face)...and when she first met Chandler. They even did a "what if" episode where Rachel actually got married to Barry, Ross didn't get divorced from Carol, Monica never lost weight, and Chandler pursued his dream of writing comedy.....Joey of course was still a soap opera actor and a womanizer....some things never change even in an "elseworld"!

Spoiler warning if you never saw the episode
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
Chandler and Monica still ended up together, even though she was fat....because they were friends first and had a solid connection so looks didn't matter as much.

I always remark to myself whenever I see that episode how different Courtney looks in her "fat makeup". So I thought, would anyone that knew "thin Lois" actually recognize "fat Lois?"

Furthermore, would Clark keep comparing "thin Lois" to "fat Lois" - would he secretly wish that she was thin, or would he be able to rise above his hormones, so to speak, and truly love her for the person she was?

Well, now I get the chance to explore these themes. And, as someone who has been both thin and fat, it is very true that people, especially men, treat you very differently when you're thin than when you are overweight.

I will be posting the next part sometime this evening. Thanks for your encouragement, everyone!

Chris

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I enjoyed this first part. Being overweight does completely change your perception of yourself and the world around you (speaking from experience here), so it is a valid new angle on the story. Off to read part 2.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
hmm, an overweight Lois...intriguing! This kind of reminds me of that Wendy/Tank fic Love Disabled. Though, obviously, Clark losing body parts is a smidge more intense than a chubby Lois, I think the premise of less than gorgeous is interesting. And if you're into that, there's A Shot in the Dark (AMAZING fic) and another fic that's actually closer to this one in that no one's disabled, Lois just looks really, really different. I can't remember what it's called though...Anyone out there read the one where Lois is blonde and much younger?

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard