Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oooohhhh... Bad Illyria! Bad Illyria! Only one more part left? I hope there is a sequel. Didn't you say something about that already?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
OK, superman versus Illyria, ought to be interesting.

Reminds me that ages ago I did a Superman / Illyria site logo for Twisting the Hellmouth, the big BtVS crossover site. Unfortunately they changed the format for their logos soon afterwards so it wasn't much use, but if anyone's wondering what she looks like, here she is:

[Linked Image]

That one's Christopher Reeve, of course, but I did do one L&C logo, with the character Doyle from Angel.

[Linked Image]

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
What's BtVS mean? I personally didn't like Doyle. I thought he was too geeky... lol

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Yes, sequel, which will be much more Lois(s) and Clark(s) and less Buffy. wink

This will end up nine chapters and an epilogue, too, I think. Need to set up for the sequel.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, LMouse smile

I'm getting a little confused as to the title of this story - I've been checking back and it seems to change between posts. laugh Sometimes the header of the story segment is different to the title in the actual post, too.

Can you let me know which title you've decided on, so I can make sure the details are correct in the TOC?

Thanks!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Sorry about that. It should be "THe Many Shades of True Heroes."

Thanks. smile

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Classicalla:
What's BtVS mean? I personally didn't like Doyle. I thought he was too geeky... lol
BtVS = Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry about that. It should be "THe Many Shades of True Heroes."
Thanks, LMouse. thumbsup I've updated your TOC. Sorry to hijack your thread. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
One of the ways I judge any story, whether written (by any author in any genre) or visual (TV, movie), or spoken (storyteller) is whether or not I care about what happens to a character who's a stranger to me before I hear/see/read the story. Since I didn't keep up with Buffy while it was being broadcast, I don't know the backstory many other readers do, but I still find the actions of the unfamiliar characters in line with what little I know and with what's happened before in the story. The action is consistent, the characters are well-drawn, and the the only thing I would like to see more of is the bad dude (dudette?) with the blue skin. That Key is important or Giles wouldn't take that licking and keep on ticking. I can only assume that everything's going to heat up in the final chapter (and what a chapter that's sure to be!).

In other words, you're doing a great job on this one! I applaud you, from a technical point of view (keeping the characters in character and making them all real to your readers), from the dramatic point of view (the interwoven story lines of our Clark trying to get home, this world's Clark learning about his heritage, and the Buffy-rooted danger with the Old One), and from the WAFFy point of view (Spike and Buffy, this Lois and our Clark, Giles and everybody but Buffy). This has kept my interest much longer than I originally thought it would, and I can't imagine how you're going to wrap this up with just one more chapter and an epilogue!

Hey, you post the sequel, I'll read it! Deal? Good! Is it ready to go yet? Aw, come on! Please?

Oh, and Labrat, about hijacking the feedback thread? I thought your clarification was totally appropriate. Now real hijacking, whoo, I could tell you some stories....

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. smile

Terry>> I have a strong preference for character-oriented stories, both as a reader and a writer. smile If I can't make a reader care about a character, I figure there's no point in telling the story -- for me, stories are all about the people in them.

This is a rough draft; I may include more Illyria in the final draft. I need to re-watch some Angel eps with her and I haven't had time.

Labrat>> No problems with hijacking the thread as far as I could see ... smile

Chapter nine will be posted sometime towards the end of next week. I'm on vacation and actually e-mailing ya'll from a cabin in the woods. I need to watch a Angel eps to clarify a few plot points and I didn't think to bring my Angel disks.

(Unless ... can anyone tell me who called Giles to ask for help when Fred was first posessed by Illyria -- was it Angel or Wesley? And did they specifically tell him WHY they needed help or just ask for help? Matters to the story; I need to know if Giles would know if Fred's dead or not. Once I know that I can finish the rough draft of the story.)

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Terry, I liked your comments. I hope I'm not giving too much away, but Buffy's sister Dawn is the key. She was turned into a human to keep the key protected from evil. Of course, she may not be the only key, but I think she's the most important one.

I'd like to see more stories from you, Terry. Anyone who can manage to get their feedback hijacked and cause a whole other thread to be started is a good author. And your stories are well written.

L Mouse, I believe Terry's comment about a thread being hijacked was referring to the feedback on his story She's... It got major feedback and as I said caused another thread to be started. If you haven't checked it out, here it is:

Terry's phenomenal story: She\'s...
New Thread: Hijacking a Feedback Thread

I hope Terry doesn't mind that I put the links here. It was a great story!!

I, too like stories where the characters are consistent and interesting and where the story is well written.

L Mouse, are you sure you are going to be able to wrap this up in one chapter? Maybe your sequel needs to be part of this story? It will be interesting to see.

I don't remember who asked Giles for help, but it seems as if it was Wesley since he was Fred's current love interest. If it will get your story posted sooner, I will certainly see if I can find out. By the way, did I tell you how much I like this story?

Nancy

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, here's what I found. I don't know if it will really help, though.

I found an episode guide for Shells, and this is what it says.

Angel and Spike return from England defeated, knowing that the ancient demon Illyria has completely taken over Fred's body and soul. Upon learning that Knox and Gunn have each contributed to her demise, Wesley is bent on revenge and Angel tries everything to restore Fred, including calling on an old friend from Sunnydale. Meanwhile, Illyria tries to locate an ancient temple where she believes she will find an army ready to help her destroy mankind.
I also found a transcript of this episode, but I just couldn't read it all. It was white on black and it was giving me a migraine so I had to stop. (My personal opinion is I don't know why people think this is cute.) Anyway, I got as far as them looking for Willow. Here is the link to the transcript.

Transcript for Shells

I hope this helps.

Nancy

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Thank you! Just what I needed. I think I'm going to be working on this awhile tonight ... expect a finished story tonight or tomorrow. smile

(And I hate black on white too -- I copy and paste into into notepad if I have to read anything like that. Blech.)

This will lead straight into the sequel but it will be awhile before I can work on the sequel. I have some things that I've been sadly neglecting for this fanfic and I can't put them off anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! The Germans! Ohh, the Germans, I'm so scared, oohh, it's the Germans, somebody please save me, ohhhh!!! LOL

Features Writer
Features Writer
Still enjoying this! Looking forward to story number 2.

It's a read coup to mix Lois and Clark with anything. The differences in power makes it difficult. You've managed it, and done a nice job. Keep up the good work!

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I don't mind, Nancy, as long as LMouse doesn't. After all, this isn't my feedback thread. And thanks for the kind words.

And thank you for the comment on character-driven stories! I work with a guy who loved the original Battlestar Galactica back in the 70's and hates the updated version, but he's definitely in the minority. The original was all slash and bang and big explosions and pretty people posing for the camera. The new one is gritty and much more realistic. And that feeling of realism comes through on your story. Even as dumb as I am about Buffy and company, I figured that one of the characters was the Key, but I didn't know it would be Buffy's sister! Doesn't that open up a bottle of worm juice!

Take all the time you need to make this last chapter a doozy! And given the level of storytelling so far, I can't believe it will be anything but that. Keep them coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard