Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
clap That's my *absolute* fav movie quote. smile Thanks for sticking it in there, whoever it was that did. sloppy

"Ye want her mate? Then you're gonna have to come fetch your bonne lasse,"
mmm.. what's "bonne lasse" mean? sorry to ask a stupid question, it got lost in translation for me...

Seeing as how there was a Star Trek Convention in town, though, Lois and Clark had no luck what-so-ever in finding any kind of honeymoon suite....
OOOOH! Are the Borg coming up?
(I'm seeing several "assimilation" jokes, for some reason... hehehe!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mmm.. what's "bonne lasse" mean? sorry to ask a stupid question, it got lost in translation for me...
From the quote, I'm wondering if it's intended to be 'bonnie lassie'. Scots (loosely) for 'pretty' and 'girl'. smile

Could be wrong though. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't remember if I wrote this line or note... but if *I* did then the term "Bonne Lasse" came from the movie "Pirates of the Carribean" in which Johnny Depp's character says something to Orlando Bloom's character about rescuing his Bonne Lasse - or translation - rescuing his fair lady, damsel in distress, beautiful maiden...

You get the picture. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
An alternate spelling is bonnie lassie. Maybe that will help, Lara. There are also several songs, usually Scottish, about a bonnie lassie or a bonne lasse. Some are naughty. The dictionary meaning for lass (lasse or lassie) means a girl or young woman who is unmarried - or beautiful maiden as DJ so eloquently explained.

Oh, and I see LabRat has put her two cents worth in - you just wait, girl, you just wait. You are in the story.... rotflol

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I don't remember who wrote the 'bonne lasse' line (I wouldn't use that spelling, since 'Lasse' is a man's name in Swedish, and one of my colleagues is named Lasse Eriksson). For that reason, I would only be comfortable writing 'bonnie lassie'.

But I sure remember who wrote that 'You've got me - who's got you?' line. It was Nancy!!

Ann

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ah! Well thanks for the explanation. smile Going to go to bed a smarter person. smile

I'd never heard that before, no matter how you guys spell it. *lol* I've seen "Pirates" (Johnny Depp AND Orlando Bloom!! *drool*) but well... I saw it in French. ;-)

On my way to read part 5. YAY! laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard