Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Another great part. Bill seems like he will be great.

Vampiric - what a word. I love it.

Since Giles is a Watcher and Wesley was a Watcher, wouldn't Giles have recognized Illyira? Or was Wesley no longer a Watcher? I can't remember for sure, but surely there must have been a few slayers he could have watched in LA, wasn't there (even if they were never mentioned). Like I said, though, I can't remember if he was still a Watcher.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Another great part. Bill seems like he will be great.

Vampiric - what a word. I love it.

Since Giles is a Watcher and Wesley was a Watcher, wouldn't Giles have recognized Illyira? Or was Wesley no longer a Watcher? I can't remember for sure, but surely there must have been a few slayers he could have watched in LA, wasn't there (even if they were never mentioned). Like I said, though, I can't remember if he was still a Watcher.
Illyria is a demon god - it's only in this body that it's human, and even then it can change its form. Giles has never met it/her, or as far as I know Fred before Illyria took over her body, so why would he recognise her?

I'm pretty sure that Giles and Wes weren't talking at this point - something about Giles not helping him when Fred was infected...

This must be REALLY confusing for anyone who isn't familiar with the Buffyverse.

Another good chapter anyway - nice idea having Spike find him first, be interested to see how that develops.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Illyria's actually an old one. IIRC one of Buffy's first major adventures was to prevent an old one from coming into the world -- wasn't that what the whole Acathla thing was about?

Anyway, one of the bad guys on Angel managed to summon an Old One, which is basically a pure demon. It -- or she, since she's in a female form and I figured calling her "it" in the story would confuse some of the readers -- is ancient, has little frame of reference for our reality, and desperately misses being a demon god. She's truly an alien entity. She's still a force to be reckoned with but she's been neutered (because she was ripping reality apart at the seams) by Angel, Spike, and company.

When the bad guys summoned her they summoned her into Fred's body -- Fred was the show's resident geek (every fantasy/sf show has one) -- much beloved by the other characters and frankly by the many of the viewers, as well. When Illyria possessed Fred's body she didn't just "kill" Fred -- she destroyed her very soul.

But this wasn't actually Illyria's fault (Illyria was summoned by the true bad guys) and she turned out to be a shades-of-grey character, too alien to be really evil. Too powerful to be killed, also, and anyway -- not truly evil and Angel had bigger things to worry about. She got along well with both Wesley and Spike. (If beating the snot out of Spike could be considered "getting along well" with him.)

As far as Giles recognising Illyria -- I can't recall him ever meeting Fred on screen on the show, though Fred was around for a few seasons and I'm assuming that the name got mentioned in passing in the context of Winifred Burkle being one of Angel's people. WILLOW has met her. However, given that I actually had to check the credits to verify that Illyria was truly being played by Amy Acker because I as a viewer had a very hard time seeing Fred in Illyria ... I'm going to say that the blue hair/eyes and the very different body language works about the same as Clark's glasses. *Grin* Nobody's going to recognize Illyria as Fred.

As far as Spike meeting Bill first -- yeah, that's a minor setup for a sequel. wink I figured the two of them would get along well and have chemistry. (Can't you just see Spike, Buffy, AltLois and Bill in Clark's world? Particularly a meeting between the two Loises ...)

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I guess I figured Illyria would look about the same in any form - just a little more Fred-like here. I guess I thought Giles would know Illyria because she was one of the old ones.

What's IIRC mean?

Just shows what a good actress Amy Acker is:

However, given that I actually had to check the credits to verify that Illyria was truly being played by Amy Acker because I as a viewer had a very hard time seeing Fred in Illyria ... I'm going to say that the blue hair/eyes and the very different body language works about the same as Clark's glasses. *Grin* Nobody's going to recognize Illyria as Fred.
Sorry about the mix-up in originally posting this as FDK for part 5 instead of part 6. I guess you guys got it, though. I fixed it.

Nancy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LMouse:
As far as Spike meeting Bill first -- yeah, that's a minor setup for a sequel. wink I figured the two of them would get along well and have chemistry. (Can't you just see Spike, Buffy, AltLois and Bill in Clark's world? Particularly a meeting between the two Loises ...)
hyper Sequel? SEQUEL!!!! YEEEEEE hAAAAAA! (as we say in rodeo country...)

James

Whoops, forgot to tell you that I love this story so far. I like Clark trying to come to grips with having to kill instead of negoitiating.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I have a very nebulous sequel in the back of my head that involves Clark, Bill, Spike, Buffy, both Loises, the mensa-like club and demons loose in metropolis. I need to mull this one over a bit.

Leva

Originally posted by D8a:
Originally posted by LMouse:
[b] As far as Spike meeting Bill first -- yeah, that's a minor setup for a sequel. wink I figured the two of them would get along well and have chemistry. (Can't you just see Spike, Buffy, AltLois and Bill in Clark's world? Particularly a meeting between the two Loises ...)
hyper Sequel? SEQUEL!!!! YEEEEEE hAAAAAA! (as we say in rodeo country...)

James

Whoops, forgot to tell you that I love this story so far. I like Clark trying to come to grips with having to kill instead of negoitiating. [/b]

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
giggles... Does that mean neither Lois will 'get it'? (I refer to the mensa idea in another post - I'd try to tell you what it is, but I'm too tired...)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I just found your story on here and I love it! Most crossovers aren't that good, but yours is wonderful! I can't wait to see more and a sequal would be great, too laugh

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What's IIRC mean?
If I Recall Correctly.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want Part 7! I want Part 7! I want Part 7! I want Part 7! C'mon everybody say it with me! We want Part 7! We want Part 7!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
grovel PART SEVEN!!!!! grovel

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Ask and ye shall receive. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard