Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#31535 08/10/06 05:26 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow that was some twist there! Poor kid having his parents die. So now whereis his duplicate in this world? Cute. I like this kid. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my god, I opened the feedback while I was in the middle of the story... Arggghhhh

So cute the kid not getting it that Clark and Superman are one in the same.

Lex Luthor killed Superman.
Oh, no, no, no, nonononononononoononononono

Great story and I liked it better than part 1, but here I was reading this wonderfully light-hearted story and BANG! - his parents are dead.

Oh, my gosh. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. whinging Can I suggest you post a WHAM warning! Thanks.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oooh... I didn't think he would need a duplicate in that universe - he doesn't actually have one. mmm...

It didn't occur to me to put a WHAM warning either - duh... Lois and Clark are still living, though. It's the alt ones that are dead. Does that matter?

You guys are going to think I have a real warped sense of humor - I killed a character in my very first story (it's not what you think, but if I say more I'll spoil the punch..)

Yeah... that was really mean, wasn't it? blush

Should I leave that part out, you think? Just have him find out who his father is and let go of that "I think I was pushing it" ALT part? help I can do an alternate ending (pun intended!) *lol*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't change it! It was a great story. I'd just like a warning. No, it wasn't our Clark and Lois that died, but a Clark and Lois did die.

I have nothing against a character or an alt character being dead. One is dead in my story, and since it was the first story I'd ever posted, I made the very same mistake. I hadn't even thought about it because Lois didn't actually die in the story - she was already dead.

I was glad that someone asked me to post a wham and I did. I may have lost readers because of it, but now after re-introducing myself to the boards and thinking about stories I've read here and other stories I've read in the various archives, a Wham warning is a good thing. It prepares your emotions.

Also when I said this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was not suggesting that should not have happened. I was just expressing my emotions...

On another note, there are some huge discussions going on on the boards about deathfics right now. They are very interesting...

It was a great story! [Linked Image]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've written a second ending last night... it's happier. ;-)

I'm not sure how I should go about posting that - I guess maybe adding it to the thread on the 2nd part?

The finished story will include both endings, I think. I'll be making the WHAM part an "alternate" ending. ;-)

For now, I just want to let the dust settle a little bit. If I have to edit this story again, I'm likely to rewrite it from scratch for the fifth time. argh...!! I'm going to go back to doing renders for a little while. ( like this one - that's what I used to do when I couldn't sleep, before I stumbled onto this place. LOL!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd make the happy ending the alternate. It's good like it is - just needed a warning.

What's a render? Did you draw that incredible pic? Brandon Routh, right?

What is the translation for the French the bottom of the screen?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd make the happy ending the alternate. It's good like it is - just needed a warning.
smile thanks! I'll definitely have both endings, but I was thinking the happier one first, in case people aren't in the mood for a wham... LOL! ;-)

What's a render? Did you draw that incredible pic? Brandon Routh, right?
ah... render is kinda hard to explain.. it's the processing of the image. Like for example I take a 3D model, work with it to get it the way I need it to look and turn that into a 2D image... But it sounds way more technical than it really is. ;-)

That's not a drawing per se, although there is some drawing envolved (I made all the textures for the clothing for instance). The objects in the image are all 3D objects that exist already - I placed the guy in the scene, customized his face and expression, textured him, gave him hair and clothing and posed him. Mind you, I can make objects myself, it's just way too much work... just that image took like 3 hours from start to finish, making the objects would have taken me weeks!

Not really Brandon... at least I didn't mean it to be him. Just Clark. ;-)

What is the translation for the French the bottom of the screen?
ah, sorry... I should add it at the bottom of the page, shouldn't I?
it says yeah, yeah, he is "supposed" to have blue eyes, but I made them brown on purpose, because... well think about it...! LOL!

Here\'s another example - just for fun. That's the type of thing I usually do. smile It's to go with one of my fairy tales. smile Still not a drawing... that one took me over 5 hours to make, it's one of my best. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just re-read the post and thought I'd comment on this:

oooh... I didn't think he would need a duplicate in that universe - he doesn't actually have one. mmm...
The way I have seen duplicates used from alternate universes (and not just LnC alt worlds), is that duplicates don't always exist. That makes sense. For instance Lois gets a headache and they don't have sex on the night the kid should have been conceived - ergo, no kid on the alt world. Considering what Einstein has theorized about every alternate realities / timelines, I think this makes perfect sense.

This is so cute:

but I made them brown on purpose, because... well think about it...! LOL
I just read the alternate ending and posted feedback.

Wow, the fairy is awesome. There is another thread on the boards that has artwork posted - give it a try. I hope you don't get upset, but since you have a webpage with this pics, I posted the URL's to the drawings thread. I also saw lilly - very nice!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, the fairy is awesome. There is another thread on the boards that has artwork posted - give it a try. I hope you don't get upset, but since you have a webpage with this pics, I posted the URL's to the drawings thread. I also saw lilly - very nice!!
smile not upset at all. thanks for letting me know about that thread, I'll go look it up!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard