Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Great story!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#31374 08/07/06 10:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Classicalla! Glad to see you're still following it on both threads. blush goofy

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#31375 08/07/06 02:44 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm reading this one, too. I like the first person present tense viewpoint, both because it feels so immediate and because I don't do it well. I guess I'm a little jealous!

I also really like the way you're bringing in Lois's novel as a plot device. At this point, it reads like she's subconsiously (or maybe deliberately) mirroring her own life in the relationships in her book. I also like the way you're using Mayson, and how Lois seems to be moving from disgust to impatient toleration of her (probably just in time to cry real tears at Mayson's funeral).

Do keep it up! It's cute, funny, a little sexy, and very tightly written. I look forward to the last two chapters (assuming you don't find a reason to stretch it out a bit).

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#31376 08/07/06 03:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks Terry! I really appreciate the fdk.

You can blame Sue S. for the first person pov. I beta read for her and vice versa. She was always writing in first person and made it look so fun.

Like you said first person is so immediate and intimate. I decided to give it a try and had her wonderful beta work to help me. Once I did it I was hooked. This is my second story from Lois's pov. I have another story in the works from Clark's pov. We'll see how that one goes.

At this point, it reads like she's subconsiously (or maybe deliberately) mirroring her own life in the relationships in her book
Yep, remember the story description at the beginning...

Lois is writing another novel. This one mirroring what’s happening in her life. Could real life turn out to be as good as her imagination?
Cute, funny, sexy... wow! Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, I'll be posting the next part soon. Still have a couple of things to iron out.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#31377 08/07/06 05:19 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Love it.

Love love love it.

Did I mention I love it?

Seriously, I'm pretty much at a loss for coherent feedback — when Clark asked Lois to get the Kryptonite away from him, my heart was in my throat. I was waiting for Lois' angry reaction ...

... but instead, she forced herself to push it back because Clark was obviously hurting from the exposure.

*loves* Post again soon. Please? smile1

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
#31378 08/08/06 07:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
angelic_editor -

At a loss for coherent fdk? Really? WOW! dance

You might still see *angry* Lois - we'll see.

I will post just as soon as I hear back from my beta. I sent her a couple of changes... I just want to see what she thinks.

Thanks for the fdk! I'm glad you *love love love* it. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard