Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It looks like no one has posted yet, so I get to be the first! grumble (For those of you who don't know about Buffy - The Scooby Gang is what her little band of 'warriors' are called.

Bless Clark's poor little heart:

The vampire shut up. .. She nodded, and in a voice that tore at his heart -- she didn't look much older than sixteen or seventeen -- she begged, "Don't kill me! Please!"

"Go," he released her. She bolted. He figured he'd find her later and discuss the matter with her; he would try to find her alternatives to her current life.
He couldn't dust her even if she was a vampire. dizzy

The blue-haired woman stood motionless in the middle of the restaurant for several minutes before walking to the door. The door said "Pull." She pushed at it. When it failed to open, she tore it off its hinges, casually tossed it aside, and walked without concern for a block before she suddenly and unexpectedly morphed into a rail-thin and somewhat mousy human woman.

"I will find more on the internet," she said, grimly. "I must find a Key to open the portals to what was. What is now is most unsatisfactory."
Elyria / Fred? Right? Argghhh....

More soon, please.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
A
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A
Love this story so far. Please keep writing. The characterization is on point and the story flows well. I wish I could write as well. Let me know if you need a beta.

Kerth
Kerth
Clark is so out of his depth... hope he realises before Illyria catches up with him.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
A man stood in the shadows of a Dumpster. If not for Clark's superhuman vision, he never would have seen him. He was watching the fight with interest. The man was thin, perhaps a bit too thin. Wavy brown hair was pulled back in a pony tail. Very fair skin. Black jeans, work boots, and a black shirt. Clark paused, unsure if this man was a friend, a foe, or just a curious spectator.
Spike without the bleached blond hair? I wouldn't think it would be Angel because I don't think you could describe him as thin. Nor would it likely be the other Clark because he's not fair, nor is it likely he'd be thin. Wesley?
It's Spike. I was trying to give it away to the readers without giving it away to the Scoobies by Clark's description ("Gee, Buffy, a bleached-blond guy in a trench coat was watching you ...") by describing the scarred eyebrow.

Hmm. Do I need to be more blatant about this, do you think, or leave it a bit of a mystery?
But then I thought about the mention of Spike in part 1:

One of the vampires that Buffy was fighting was very good. With a pang of memory, Willow realized his fighting style was very similar to Spike's
Does the Scooby Gang not know Spike is alive and well? grumble (For those of you who don't know about Buffy - The Scooby Gang is what her little band of 'warriors' are called.
Also, some people may not know that Spike died a heroic death at the end of Buffy, got brought back in the last season of Angel, and his fate was distinctly up in the air at the end of the series finale of Angel.

Buffy never knew that Spike had been brought back from the dead during the run of the show. Spike had ample opportunity to tell her; he never did. Which is why the fact that Spike is following her around hasn't even occurred to Buffy.

Bless Clark's poor little heart:

The vampire shut up. .. She nodded, and in a voice that tore at his heart -- she didn't look much older than sixteen or seventeen -- she begged, "Don't kill me! Please!"

"Go," he released her. She bolted. He figured he'd find her later and discuss the matter with her; he would try to find her alternatives to her current life.
He couldn't dust her even if she was a vampire. dizzy

The blue-haired woman stood motionless in the middle of the restaurant for several minutes before walking to the door. The door said "Pull." She pushed at it. When it failed to open, she tore it off its hinges, casually tossed it aside, and walked without concern for a block before she suddenly and unexpectedly morphed into a rail-thin and somewhat mousy human woman.

"I will find more on the internet," she said, grimly. "I must find a Key to open the portals to what was. What is now is most unsatisfactory."
Elyria / Fred? Right? Argghhh....

More soon, please. [/QB]
Nah, not dead. Unconscious. I'll probably change my wording in the final draft.

As far as Clark not killing vampires -- it's just such a basic part of his character that he doesn't kill people. That's actually one of the reasons I decided to write this crossover. There's a really interesting conflict there -- in the Buffyverse, heroes casually kill bad guys on a regular basis. It's necessary. Clark has a VERY different set of morals. Killing bad guys is not necessary in his world and he's going to have a hell of a hard time with it.

Chosing Illyria as the Big Bad, a shades-of-grey character who is neither villain nor hero, was deliberate and directly linked to that basic conflict.

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Ah, but Superman might be about the only thing that COULD stop Illyria. In more ways than one. Remember, he's having a very hard time believing that all (most) demons are evil and should automatically be killed.

Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Clark is so out of his depth... hope he realises before Illyria catches up with him.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Don't be more blatant about Spike. I liked it like that.

Don't change the wording about Bobby Bigmouth. The jawdrop factor is very good.... jawdrop

Yeah, I caught on that Illyria (sorry about the earlier misspelling) could be either bad or good.

I understand Clark not wanting to kill a sentient being - but he still feels guilty about Jimmy. It would be interesting to see what happens if he has no choice but to kill a vamp. He already has to make life and death decisions. Do I go to the south side of down to save the two people in the burning car? Or do I go to the northside the save the two people in the other burning car? It would also be interesting to see what happens if he can reason with the vamps. A very few of them are good guys and some of them do kill only because they are hungry. Of course, most of them are still monsters that have embraced evil.

Even Superman could have a hard time dealing with Illyria. It all depends on if she is evil... or good. She did help Angel, etc fight off all those bad guys....

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Thanks for the input.

I honestly hadn't considered that he's already making life or death decisions -- very good point. Something to mull over as I write.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I didn't watch Buffy regularly on TV (nor do I watch the reruns) because there are only so many hours in the day. But this is an intriguing story line. I, for one, would be disappointed to see it stop. I vote to continue!

Lois is a Slayer? Actually, that's a logical career move for her. I like it. And her inability to get along with her fellow Slayers is totally consistent with her pre-Clark personality. Plus, it adds more opportunities for conflict between Buffy and Lois.

You haven't even hinted at this world's Clark. Is he Kryptonian? Is he a vampire? Is he even alive? Will Lois kiss him or dismember him at their first meeting?

And, like others, I wonder if Superman will participate in the 'great vampire roundup.' Can he kill a being whose life depends on the destruction of the innocent? I'm glad I don't have to make that moral choice, but the way you've set this up, our Clark will have to either kill vampires and/or demons or allow the deaths of the helpless.

And what happens if one or more vampires do decide to negotiate in good faith? What would that do to the whole community of vampires? I know, there really isn't one vampire nation, but I bet there's an uber-vampire out there somewhere who wouldn't want his or her authority challenged by some weak-willed peaceniks who'd rather live in harmony with their food source than just consume them.

Ooh, I can see some neat plot turns coming! And I hope that's exactly what they do (keep coming, that is).

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Terry, this is from the FDK on Part 1

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about the Clark in this Buffyverse? Is he in Smallville married to Lana Lang. In Nigeria married to the princess? Or.. gah... living in another city happily married to Mayson Drake? I'd like to see him pop-up instead of just not being there because of death or some such. Hey, without his 'Lois' he just never became Superman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buffyverse Altclark is around. He's important to the story and will do more than just pop up.

(It was actually very tempting to make him a vampire which would have led to a very different story. My boyfriend was rooting for Supervamp as the Big Bad. But, nah.)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard