#31354 08/06/06 10:01 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#31355 08/06/06 10:34 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Zared and Jon were unavailable to help me and much to Chloe's vexation they 'assigned' her as my aide-de-camp. She told me she didn't think stay with me any more during a shower, though, because she was too afraid the towel would fall off. I teased her and told I imagined that Jenni would be more than eager to help. That's when she told me if that ever happened she'd be back to help me, towel or no towel. I'm not sure that's still true about Jenni, though, since she knows I'm 'just Clark' now. And I have to say that I'm relieved about that. Sometimes that girl really embarrassed me. She told me once that she thought Superman should pose in the nude - for chairty you know."
goofy

This was kind of funny too, as I was feeling a little heartless at the moment:
She winked at him. She looked at Zared. "You should have seen how upset he got when I put a catheter in. Of course that wasn't the first time I'd put one in."

"You are having too much fun at my expense, Caitlyn. And I think Zared is enjoying my discomfiture just a bit too much."
Catheters are no fun, but if you are sufficiently sick and in hospital, you are going to get one. Anyway, imagining Superman with a catheter - and even Caitlyn inserting it - is kind of funny.

"She's used to dogs. She thinks she's a dog - ergo her name: Meowoof."
I know a cat like that. Would you believe she actually inspired my TOC signature? Don't ask.

That last part with Zared, Jenni and Jon was a little confusing to me. Zared and Jenni were trying to persuade Jon to tell Hannah about Superman, weren't they? And Jon wouldn't do it, so he just flew away. Except... he did tell her in the previous chapter! Or didn't he make it perfectly clear to her that Clark is Superman?

I'd better run now, before I say something that makes Caitlyn haunt me.... peep

Ann

#31356 08/06/06 11:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Ann, I thought you might like the calendar idea. Wouldn't that be great?

What Jenni wants to know is why Clark so readily agreed to introduce Hannah to Superman. He told Hannah something to the effect of, "I'll see what I can do." Jenni had been hounding Clark for years to meet Superman and he never would say yes or even maybe - he mostly just shrugged. Maria posted this section in her feedback and it appears I could add a couple of lines. I'll work on it.

I rather like it that Caitlyn can get away with teasing poor Clark so unmercifully. wink

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#31357 08/07/06 02:46 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Hey, Ann, I thought you might like the calendar idea. Wouldn't that be great?
thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Ann

#31358 08/07/06 03:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I particularly liked the December idea....
rotflol

#31359 08/07/06 08:41 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
"(...)And I have to say that I'm relieved about that. Sometimes that girl really embarrassed me. She told me once that she thought Superman should pose in the nude - for chairty you know."

(...)

"Hmmm.... Maybe Jenni's got the right idea. I'm sure you wouldn't do a nude photo. That wouldn't be the thing for Superman to do, but what about some revealing pics? Maybe a nice picture of you partially covered in a sheet? Or shirtless? Wow. A whole bunch of them like that. Wouldn't that make a great Superman calendar. Just think how much the Superman foundation could raise with a calendar like that. Maybe December could be of one with just the red undies and a Santa cap. Hmmm....."

He laughed ironically. "I'm sure you and Jenni and Chloe and Claire's friend Linda could come up with all the details."
I sure would be able to buy this calendar. LOL clap

Zared knocked on the door then came in. "What's wrong?" He walked in right as Caitlyn was pulling the towel loose to continue with her abdominal exam. Clark blushed and tightly closed his eyes. "Dad, I've seen Caitlyn examine you before. Hmmm... Just what were you up to earlier."

Caitlyn answered, "Nothing. I think since he's getting better, he just embarrasses more easily. Although I can't imagine why, after letting his daughter stay in the bathroom while he showered."

"I had the shower curtain pulled Caitlyn. And she would not dare look through it. And besides you pulled the towel loose right when Zared walked in. I believe you are trying to embarrass me."

She winked at him. She looked at Zared. "You should have seen how upset he got when I put a catheter in. Of course that wasn't the first time I'd put one in."

"You are having too much fun at my expense, Caitlyn. And I think Zared is enjoying my discomfiture just a bit too much."
Poor Clark. But very good scene. I love it when Clark is embarassed about something. I think he's never as cute as when he is embarrassed.

Very good part. I'm eager to read the next chapter.

#31360 08/08/06 10:30 AM
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Classicalla,

I've only just been able to read another wonderful installment. hail

I'm really looking foward to meeting Meowoof and learning more about Hannah and her meeting Superman and starting to properlly manage her powers. (Maybe I should have used the strangled cat gremlin as poor Meowoof really sounds mixed up!)

My wife liked the poor embarassment poor Clark had to suffer after being babysat by one of his many daughters - well,she says, it could have been worse, it could have been his mother-in-law.... (However, I can't complain, my mother-in-law is a wonderful lady and we get on very well together and I'm blessed because she gave me her precious daughter.)

Keep up the good work and let us have much much more please! cool

Regards,

SNL

#31361 08/08/06 02:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, my Ellen Lane taking care of him.... Did you read the part where Brook actually suggested that and the rest of the family laughed?

#31362 08/09/06 07:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Due to some of the feedback, I made some changes to the last section of Chapter 16. I hope it makes more sense that way. Since the particular section was somewhat short, I will also post it here. Thanks again to everyone that has posted feedback.

The additions are in italics.

~~~~~~~~~

Jon went out the door to where Hannah's car - nice one at that - was parked to get her bags. Ah, the perks of having one of the world's richest men as a father. She'd driven here. He thought that she didn't fully realize the magnificence of flying and how much faster it was than taking her car. Although if he had a car like that, he might think about driving more often. Then he wondered if she'd ever even flown before. He was glad his dad hadn't tried to suppress their powers. When he came back in, he walked by Jenni's room.

Zared said, "Hey Jon. I hollered at you when you passed a second ago, but you didn't seem to notice. Come in."

"Well, I can't stay long." He sat Hannah's stuff down outside the room and walked in a sat down. "Did you want something, Zared?"

"Actually, Jon, dearest future brother-in-law, I'm wondering about something. Maybe you can enlighten me since you were there." He looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"What I was I there for?" She gave him a look - one of her Jenni leers, as he called it. She never leered at Zared - all she had to do was bat her lashes. That had never worked on him even when they dated. He just shrugged. "I'll do what I can."

"When Hannah, you, and I were in your dad's office talking, she told your dad that she would like to meet Superman and he said, 'I'll see what I can do.' Just like that! 'I'll see what I can do.' I've been asking him to introduce me to Superman for years and he always danced around the issue. That blew me away. I mean, I know *now* that Clark is Superman. What I don't understand is why he so readily agreed to introduce Hannah to Superman." She just shook her head.

Zared said, "That's absolutely *all* she's talked about all evening."

Jon looked like an animal caught in a trap. "Really?" He nearly strangled on his answer. Zared and Jenni both looked at him very intently.

Jenni said, "Then you *do* know why he said that?"

Jon just sat there with his mouth half open and his eyebrows raised. "Well... uhhh... I... uhh..." He sat there for the merest moment and then literally flew out the open door.

Zared and Jenni just looked at each other.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard