Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FANTASTIC!! MORE!! MORE!!

Kerth
Kerth
Nice - I like that he isn't instantly blurting out his relationship to Lois etc. Obviously he's learned a little caution in dealing with parallel worlds.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked it. Can you change your story post to the 'blue arrow' though? I almost missed it.

It would also be nice if you make a note in the beginning that this is set in an alternate universe - one of the Buffyverses. I found myself a bit confused at first. Of course you did finally tell us that this was set in an alternate universe.

I think a little vignette on Lois' reaction the first time she ever saw one of the vamps 'change' would be great! :p

I wondered a bit about this part:

The (vampire) warlock promptly fired off a bolt of energy in Buffy's direction
I don't remember any vampire warlocks in Buffy. Was there ever such a thing or are you throwing in a little Charmed for good measure?

Poor Clark...

This was ... she stepped closer to him, brow wrinkling in confusion. This was a man. He looked human, though he couldn't possibly be mortal. He sat on an office chair that had come through with him, looking startled. His hands were raised as if he'd been typing on a keyboard when summoned.
And he appeared right in the middle of typing. What must they be thinking in the other universe. At least the chair came with him...

What about the Clark in this Buffyverse? Is he in Smallville married to Lana Lang. In Nigeria married to the princess? Or.. gah... living in another city happily married to Mayson Drake? I'd like to see him pop-up instead of just not being there because of death or some such. Hey, without his 'Lois' he just never became Superman.

Finally, I'd like to say that I like your writing style and I anxiously look forward to more. As a big sci-fi fan (Superman's my favorite), I like these cross-over stories.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Originally posted by Classicalla:
I liked it. Can you change your story post to the 'blue arrow' though? I almost missed it.
Okay, I'm a noobie on this board. How do I do this?

It would also be nice if you make a note in the beginning that this is set in an alternate universe - one of the Buffyverses. I found myself a bit confused at first. Of course you did finally tell us that this was set in an alternate universe.

I think a little vignette on Lois' reaction the first time she ever saw one of the vamps 'change' would be great! :p
Heh. Given that it happened before she was a Slayer it would indeed be an interesting scene. I'll see if I can figure out how to fit it in, or write it as a separate short story.

I wondered a bit about this part:

The (vampire) warlock promptly fired off a bolt of energy in Buffy's direction
I don't remember any vampire warlocks in Buffy. Was there ever such a thing or are you throwing in a little Charmed for good measure?
I need a beta. laugh I play in so many worlds that I sometimes miss things like this ... though I don't think I've ever seen an episode of Charmed.

There's plenty of canon in the Buffyverse to indicate that vampires can be magic users. But you're right -- I don't think they've ever called a vampire a warlock. Easy edit to fix, anyway.

Poor Clark...

This was ... she stepped closer to him, brow wrinkling in confusion. This was a man. He looked human, though he couldn't possibly be mortal. He sat on an office chair that had come through with him, looking startled. His hands were raised as if he'd been typing on a keyboard when summoned.
And he appeared right in the middle of typing. What must they be thinking in the other universe. At least the chair came with him...
Wonder what sort of excuse he'll have for the *missing* chair when he goes home?

What about the Clark in this Buffyverse? Is he in Smallville married to Lana Lang. In Nigeria married to the princess? Or.. gah... living in another city happily married to Mayson Drake? I'd like to see him pop-up instead of just not being there because of death or some such. Hey, without his 'Lois' he just never became Superman.
Buffyverse Altclark is around. He's important to the story and will do more than just pop up. smile

(It was actually very tempting to make him a vampire which would have led to a very different story. My boyfriend was rooting for Supervamp as the Big Bad. But, nah.)

Finally, I'd like to say that I like your writing style and I anxiously look forward to more. As a big sci-fi fan (Superman's my favorite), I like these cross-over stories.
Thank you. smile

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Nice - I like that he isn't instantly blurting out his relationship to Lois etc. Obviously he's learned a little caution in dealing with parallel worlds.
Thank you. smile

And I'm pretty sure I know you from somewhere else, Marcus, though I think it's been awhile. Your name really rings a bell. Were you on the SFLovers mailing list or one of the Bujold forums?

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Couldn't be simpler, LMouse. You see that icon that looks like a pad and pen at the top of your post? Click on that and you'll get back into your post. You can edit the body of the post, the header, etc from there.

To add a blue arrow, just click on the circle next to this option on the 'message icon' list at the top of your post, after you hit the edit icon.

ETA: I see after posting this that you've either figured it out already, or an Admin or Mod has done the deed for you. But I'll leave this here anyway, in case any other newbies need the info. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Thank you. All fixed. smile

Originally posted by LabRat:
Couldn't be simpler, LMouse. You see that icon that looks like a pad and pen at the top of your post? Click on that and you'll get back into your post. You can edit the body of the post, the header, etc from there.

To add a blue arrow, just click on the circle next to this option on the 'message icon' list at the top of your post, after you hit the edit icon.

LabRat smile

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by LMouse:
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
[b] Nice - I like that he isn't instantly blurting out his relationship to Lois etc. Obviously he's learned a little caution in dealing with parallel worlds.
Thank you. smile

And I'm pretty sure I know you from somewhere else, Marcus, though I think it's been awhile. Your name really rings a bell. Were you on the SFLovers mailing list or one of the Bujold forums? [/b]
I mostly write BtVS crossovers - you might have seen some on Twisting The Hellmouth or one of the other sites I post to.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I kind of like the vampire warlock. Why not? I was just wondering. After all, in Charmed, witches got turned into vampires. So why not warlocks?

A Super Vamp, eh? Sounds kind of interesting, but they'd have to use magic to break his skin... But, nah, not really. Who'd want a vamp that couldn't be staked?

Thanks, LabRat (Or is that LabRab or RabLat - oops, sorry - that's another story goofy ) for answering L Mouse's question about the arrow change.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard