Here's Chapter 15 It's kind of long. It could have been even longer. My muse must have been sitting on my shoulder.

This Part is PG-13

< > around words denotes telepathic thought.

The usual disclaimers apply.

~~~~~~~~~~

From Part 14

"Clark. I... I... I don't think I'm ready for that."

"Well, I did really just mean sleep. And hey, I thought you'd complained about my 'reluctance'. I'm not ready either, for that matter.."

"I... ummm.... " She blushed. "I'll stay in the upstairs guest room again." Then she turned and ran back up the stairs.

"Caitlyn?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15 mini

Before I get started on the real Chapter 15, I thought I'd do a little tank ending for those of you hate Caitlyn. rotflol

As Caitlyn was running up the stairs, she slipped on a banana peel and fell over the rail and broke her arm. She was so incensed that Superman didn't keep her from getting hurt that she ran out into the street and got hit by a semi. She plans on haunting Clark and everyone who hates her forever cat

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The real thing--

A New Hero: Part 15

Clark walked up the stairs and and after stopping to check on Lara and Brook, who were both asleep, he went to the guest room that Caitlyn was in. The door was half open. He walked in and closed the door.

She said, "Clark. You might think about knocking." She had her back turned to him.

"The door was open so I knew you were decent. Besides you wouldn't have had time to get undressed even if the door had been shut. If it had been shut, I would have knocked." He sat on the love seat that was in the room. "Come here. Talk to me. What's going on?"

She sat down beside him and lay her head on his shoulder. "I... I..."

"Caitlyn..." She had tears in her eyes and he brushed them away.

"It's just.. I mean... I've... There's never... I mean at my age... and..."

He put his arms around her. "Caitlyn. Are you trying to tell me there has never been anyone special in your life that you have wanted to give yourself to?"

She buried her head in his shoulder and nodded yes. "I mean, good grief, Clark. I'm only seven years younger than you. I... "

"If you haven't found that special person, then it doesn't matter how old you are, Caitlyn." She was crying softly and he let her.

"You are just saying that."

"No, I'm not, Caitlyn. My first time was on my wedding night and I was 30 years old."

"I don't believe you. What about Zared's mother? You told me you were his biological father."

"Zara's pregnancy occurred without us having relations. I didn't even know about Zared until he was three months old. Zara's pregnancy occurred because of the Kryptonian equivalent of in-vitro pregnancy. It was done totally without my knowledge."

"How do you even know he is yours?"

"Well, I do have the DNA proof now, not that that mattered. Lois and I had already adopted him. If you look at him, it's pretty obvious. He looks so much like me we could almost be twins if not for the age difference." He thought that in about fifteen or twenty years they'd probably look the same age, too. After the incident with Jimmy almost dying of old age, he had aged normally for all of about five years then he stopped. Just stopped. He looked like he was in his mid-30's. She now had her head back on his shoulder and was crying again. "It really bothers you doesn't it?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"That you... are a virgin." She started crying harder. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you even more."

She finally said, "I'm sure that's just what you want - an inexperienced, totally unlovable ninny." She paused. "Then again, you might just think the whole thing is just a wonderful opportunity. You said I'd complained about your reluctance. You probably just think I'm a hussy. You just want..." She stopped and angrily wiped her tears away.

"Caitlyn, I'm not like that." He thought to himself that she wasn't totally making any sense. She was almost contradicting herself. Is... she? No matter. He wouldn't *dare* say that.

"You're just saying that. Even though you are a great guy, a part of you has to be like all other guys. You just want one thing."

He thought about how Claire had just said the same thing to him. "Well, I can't deny that I'm a guy. And guys think about sex a lot more than the ladies do. What is the experts say? That it's some kind of biological imperative or some such? But Caitlyn, I'm not just saying that. If that was true I would have just jumped right in the bed with you, wouldn't I? You wouldn't have seen any reluctance on my part, now would you?"

"Maybe. I still don't think I believe you.., about your wedding night."

"It's true. You think just because I'm a guy that I didn't want to find the right person, too?"

"I didn't mean that. It's just unusual for a guy... You know?"

"So I've been told." He held her for a long time as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"I'd like you to be the one - finally," she giggled. Then she became serious again. "But, Clark, but I'm really scared." She turned and looked at him. "Don't get any ideas."

"Yes, yes, I know. Bernie's already given me this lecture, too. You'd think it was me giving one of my kids a lecture."

She grinned and bit her lip. "Clark, I don't want it to be you, if you can't also consider me someone special."

"Neither would I, Caitlyn. Neither would I." He thought that he did love Caitlyn. It wasn't anything like it was with Lois, but he did love her. Could he tell her that? She needed to know. She definitely needed to know. She thought she was unlovable. Yes, Clark, if you want her to stay in your life, you'd better tell her. You are lonely after all. "Caitlyn, you are *not* unlovable. *I* love you."

"Are you just saying that because you think that's what I want to hear?"

"No. But I do know you need to hear it. I guess the reason it has been hard for me is that it feels almost like.. like.. a betrayal."

"Clark, do you really think Lois would not want you to be happy? Do you think she would want you to be alone and lonely because you feel you are betraying her? From what you've told me about her, I can't imagine that to be true."

He nodded his head. "Lois would want me to be happy and not lonely."

"Then be happy and not lonely, Clark." She looked into his face with longing.

He took her in his arms and kissed her tenderly and caressed her hair. She eagerly kissed him back. At that moment, someone knocked on the door.

"Can I come in?"

Clark could have figured. It was Bernie. "Come in, Bernie, come in. Are you looking for me? Or Caitlyn?"

"Both of you. Mostly you. I was on my way home and just thought I'd check on you." He yawned then looked at the two of them. "Don't forget what I told you." Caitlyn blushed and giggled.

"Yes, father."

Bernie just shook his head. "It seems that you are feeling pretty good. I'll see you tomorrow. I take it Caitlyn has already checked on you since she's here." He pointed his finger at both of them. "Don't let it go to far." Bernie yawned again. He walked out and closed the door.

Clark called, "Hey, Bernie!"

He opened the door again. "Yeah?"

"Do you need a ride home?"

"Nah. Got my motorcycle. The wind will wake me up. Good night."

Clark said, "I guess he put in a really long day."

"Yes, I suppose..."

Clark interrupted as he kissed her briefly. "Mmmm...."

"...so. I was supposed to have examined you again. I haven't gotten around to that yet." She stood up and patted the bed. "Come on. Lie down."

He just looked at her and shook his head no. "Not now!"

She sat back down beside him. "Just because you are feeling better, don't think I'm going to let you get stubborn. Lie down."

He shook his head no. "Not *now*!! You tend to be... very thorough."

"Oh!" She decided to tease him just a little and got a tad bit frisky. "Hmmm... You may have a lot of healing left to do, but I see some things are functioning quite well."

"Quit that! Why do you think I said, 'Not now!'?"

She winked at him. "You better get out of here before things..." She stood up.

He stood up, too, and kissed her on the cheek. He decided he could give her as good as she gave.... "When do *I* get to play doctor, Dr. Kira?"

She smacked him on his arm. "Scoot. I want to take a shower."

"Colddd?" He turned and walked out of the room before a pillow hit his behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark was walking down the hall towards the master bedroom when he ran right into his mother. She said, "Why, Clark. You look like the cat that ate the canary. What have you been up to?"

Zared was behind Martha and said, "Yeah, dad. What have you been up to?"

Clark looked between the two of them. "Why, not a thing. Not - a - thing. I certainly haven't been in the barn." He grinned. He started singing and walked into the master bedroom.

Zared just looked at his Gramma Kent with the question in his eyes. He mouthed, "Did.. you..."

She shook her head no. Zared started to knocked on his dad's door when Martha stopped him. She whispered, "He's been in the barn, too. Just let it drop." Zared's eyes got wide at that. Martha thought she'd let him think what he would and not tell him it was Lois that Clark was in the barn with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jon and Hannah were in the den with classical music playing in the background. She was giving him that promised back rub. Oh, Jon, you are so tense. Why are you so upset? I don't really think you are that upset over your dad. It's pretty unlike you to throw your music in the floor, too."

"Oww... I guess I am tense. I didn't throw the music in the floor. It was an accident."

"Okay, so you accidentally threw the music in the floor. Jon, I saw the music. That was no accident. It was all over the place. I picked most of it up for you, by the way. Are you worried about getting accepted at the Metropolis School of the Arts? If you don't get accepted then you can still go to Juliard. They have already accepted you."

"No. I'm not worried about that. I got the letter of acceptance today. I forgot about it. Ow..." He thought to himself that he must be more tense than he thought he had been.

"Forgot? You forgot? That's like a big huge deal, Jon. You've been very impatiently waiting for weeks. You forgot?"

"Yeah. It is a big deal, isn't it. I got a scholarship."

"You got a scholarship? Oh, Jon, that's wonderful!" She moved to sit in front of him and kissed him. It was then that she noticed the despondent look on his face. "Jon? What's wrong?"

"There's just been so much going on. Jenni's pregnant. She almost died. Zared is.. working hard. And dad was hurt. I'm really worried about dad."

"Zared's working hard? He's only been working his regular hours at the zoo this past week. And Jenni and baby are doing fine. I don't think you could be that upset about your dad." She had her hands on his shoulders and he tensed up again. She went behind him again and started rubbing his back and shoulders again.

Jon thought to himself, 'You just don't know the half of it, Hannah.' "I don't know Hannah. I'm just worried about things. You know how I am."

"I know you considered going to Gotham State. Are you worried about us being apart? You shouldn't be. I'm transferring to Metropolis State."

"I know. You told me. I just can't seem to stop worrying."

"Lie down."

"What?"

"Lie down on your stomach so I can give you a better back rub."

He lay down for her and tried to relax into her ministrations. He just managed to tense up even more. "You've been concerned about something, too, Hannah. What is it?"

"Like you said... Lot of changes. Jon, you are so tense." She rubbed a bit longer then flipped him over on his back. She lay down beside him and half on top of him and began kissing him. "Maybe I can do something else to relax you."

He did relax against her a bit. "Did I ever tell you that you kiss well?"

She giggled. "Want some more?" She moved her hand to his zipper.

"Not that much." He started to sit up, but she pushed him back down.

"Oh, don't worry. We agreed to wait a while. I'm not sure either of us is ready for that, anyway. I'm just trying to relax you a little."

He protested again but he lost the battle - somewhat happily.

A few minutes later, after she'd done what she hadn't done before, she put her arms around him and whispered in his ear, "Happy Graduation, Jon."

He was shaking and still breathing somewhat rapidly. "That's why you did that? I thought you wanted to wait."

"Jon, honey, it was rather one sided. That was my intention. I had actually planned on that *after* you graduated, but you are just so tense." She paused a moment, then said, "Jon. Are you okay?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm... definitely okay."

"I can do it again."

"No, no. I don't think I could take it right now."

"That good, huh?"

"Yeah, Hannah. Yeah, Hannah, it was. It was." He was shaking his head yes. He still felt out of sorts. "I'm still not sure it should have happened."

"You worry too much. It's okay. You are more relaxed now, aren't you?"

"Yeah. I'm not so sure my dad would agree with you."

"Oh, you just think he would be upset because Jenni's pregnant." She grinned. "I don't think he'd begrudge his son a little entertainment. After all, he's entertaining someone himself, isn't he?"

"Dad is *not* entertaining her. She's his doctor and she's taking care of him."

"Oh. Hmmph. Yes, I'm sure she's taking care of him."

"She better not be taking care of him like that. He's been too sick."

She began rubbing his back again. "Oh, Jon. You are still tense but much less than you were.

He was relaxing into her hands. "You know, you do that so well. And wow, you are a lot stronger than I would have thought. Ouch!"

"Well, about that... We need to talk about that. I hope you won't be mad at me."

He turned to face her. "Mad? Why... would I be mad?"

"Well, it's just that, we've known each other for so long, and I should have told you already and well, I...'

"Okay. Just... tell me okay?"

She was so nervous and fidgety. "Just don't start hollering. I don't want you to wake up the entire household."

Jon thought, 'Wait till she finds out what I have to tell her.' He just looked at her expectantly.

"Well, I don't want you to get the wrong idea...."

"*Tell* me!"

"Okay, I'm a lot stronger than most people. I'm a lot stronger than you. I..."

"I doubt that," he muttered. "Uhh.. sorry, go ahead."

"Do you think I'm trying to attack your masculinity, Mr. Macho?"

"No, not at all. Go on."

"Okay, I didn't know for a long time. Mom didn't tell me until.. things started changing."

"Changing?" He looked at her with a learily. "So she told you about your monthly cycle."

"No, silly! She smacked his arm.

"I... " She took a deep breath. "My father isn't from around here."

"Gotham City, right?"

"Although very few people know it, I know that you know Bruce isn't my real father. That's not what I meant."

"London?"

"Uhh.. well no.

He had talked to Zared earlier and he was beginning to get an idea. She had actually hurt him a little when she massaged his back. They had cookies with them and he picked up one and started chewing it nonchalantly. He was pretty sure what she was going to say.

"Hmm... Uh... I.. My father was one of the New Kryptonians." She ducked, afraid he'd throw a cookie at her. He raised his eyebrows and just looked at her. He picked up another cookie. She thought that he wasn't reacting as she had expected. "You aren't reacting like I thought you would."

He just gave her a very amused grin. "I.. err... rather imagined a... different conversation," he said, thinking that he really thought he'd be the one doing this. "Hmmmphh..." He got up, got a candle out of a drawer and handed it to her.

"What do you want me to do with this?"

"Light it," he said dryly.

"No, I can't."

"Why?" He was rather enjoying her discomfiture. He picked up another cookie. He offered her one, "Cookie?"

She was very perplexed. "I really don't have very good control."

"Oh. Well... give it a try. I want to see."

She thought this reaction very *odd*. She shrugged, "Okay. I'll try." She missed the candle and set several napkins on fire. "Oops, I told you I wasn't very good. Where's the fire extinguisher. I haven't practiced very much." She was getting ready to pour water on it.

He looked at the small fire and very calmly took his hand and put it out.

"You crazy thing. You should have let me pour the water on it. It's a good thing it wasn't bigger, you would have hurt yourself."

He supposed he could have used his cooling breath. He suddenly remembered something his dad had said earlier. Hannah had said she wanted to meet Superman. His dad had told her he'd see what he could do. Jenni had bugged him incessantly for years about meeting Superman and he always said no or just shrugged. Dad *knows*. Oh - my - gosh. *Dad* *knows*! "Uhh.. I.. Try the candle again."

"No, it's hard to tell what I'd set on fire. You know.... you... are acting very strangely."

"You think?! Hmm..." He picked up the candle and looked at it. He used his heat vision to light it. "I can probably help you with the control issue." He rolled his eyes. "I'd say you aren't stronger than me. We are probably about even. Do you need any help flying?"

Her eyes were wide. Then she slugged him in the shoulder and not gently. "Why didn't you stop me as soon as you figured out what I was talking about."

"Oww.. That hurt." He rubbed his shoulder. He said innocently, "Well, I wasn't absolutely sure. I mean, your father could have been Tez, or maybe one of the grey guys, or something." He shrugged his shoulders then laughed. "You were just so cute." He grabbed her and kissed her.

She pulled back then put her hand to her mouth, "OH! You don't think we are brother and sister, do you? Maybe that's why we've always gotten along so well. That would be *awful*!"

He shook his head no. "We're not."

"How can you be sure. Oh, wow, it makes sense your mom would have gotten pregnant. She was actually on the ship. I remember reading that now."

"I'm sure. We aren't related. Who is your father? I just hope it wasn't Nor."

"Mom wasn't sure of his name, but she knows that it *wasn't* Nor. She thinks it was Ran. And just who might your dad be? Nor? You just said we aren't related."

"My dad's not from New Krypton. Now, Zared, on the other hand, *is* from New Krypton. He's full Kryptonian. I'm a Kryptonian-Human."

"Kryptonian-Human. That's what you call yourself? So *who* is your father?"

He nodded. "Kal-El."

"Kal-El?"

"That's Superman's name."

"Superman?" She croaked.

He nodded, "All seven of us."

"Clark?" Her voice came out in a squeak.

He nodded. "Now why can't you control your powers better? Does your mom not want you to use them?"

"She afraid.. that..."

"... you'll be dissected like a frog, right?"

"No, she's afraid the government will interfere."

He laughed. "No. I don't think so. I know why you suddenly wanted to meet 'Superman'. Didn't you think it a little odd how quickly dad agreed to setting up a meeting with him? Jenni has been begging forever."

"You mean you think he knows? I really didn't think much about what he said. I guess I didn't realize he'd told Jenni no. Do you really think he knows?"

He relayed to her what Zared had told him earlier. "I guess he's known for years."

"I guess I understand now why you are so upset over your dad."

He nodded then proceeded to tell her the true extent of his injuries. He came close to tears.

"Oh, wow. The public has no idea do they?" He shook his head no. She smiled, "You know, before mom actually told me my real father was one of the New Kryptonians, I'd already figured out that I was different. Only I thought dad was Superman. Until I caught mom bandaging up a knife wound. I still don't know why he wouldn't go to the hospital or why he didn't want to talk about it. Mom wouldn't tell me, either. Pretty weird, if you ask me." She just shrugged.

"Yeah, it is." Jon said, "Wait, how did a New Kryptonian... Your birthday... Oh, yeah. You were *way* premature. That seems to be the case with the Human-Kryptonian pregnancies. I think the longest mom ever went was eight and a half months. Dad says a normal Krytonian pregnancy is about seven months. Hmmm... So wonder what will happen with us - when we have a kid."

"Why Jon Kent. Did you just say what I think you did?"

He pursed his lips. "I guess I did. I guess we've always known, haven't we Hannah?"

"I guess so. Let's just not do that as soon as Jenni and Zared did. Okay?"

He smiled. "Dad was right. Telling you has really helped my anxiety. Earlier tonight, he suggested I tell you so we could talk about his injuries."

She cleared her throat. "I believe *I* told you!"

"Yeah, you did. You know what I mean. Dad's still awake. You want to go talk to him?"

"How do you know?"

"His television is on so I looked to see if he's awake."

"Looked?"

"You've really kept your powers suppressed, haven't you? Does Bruce know?"

"No. Mom doesn't want him to know. I mean he knows I'm not his biological daughter, but he doesn't know that. Now, how did you 'look'?"

He thought that had she been Jenni she'd understand all this, but Hannah really didn't know much about Superman. He now realized she knew even less than he thought. "Sweetheart, you can see through things. Do you know about kryptonite?"

"Yeah. But only after Clark got shot and the papers talked about the kryptonite bullets. Dad told me it was in the papers a couple of times before - a long time ago. You know, he has been very concerned over your dad, too. I thought that was strange. I know they know each other, but I wouldn't exactly call them good friends. Wait, did you say, I could see through things."

"Yeah. Just concentrate."

She did just that. "Oooo... I like what I see. Hey, that's pretty neat."

"I think you can find something else to concentrate on. By the way, I like the purple lacy panties."

"Jon!"

"You 'looked' first. Be careful or you will set me on fire - or at least my clothes. Zared set the kitchen on fire last year thinking about Jenni. I'll help you work on all this, okay?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe I'd just rather leave things like they are."

"No, you have to learn to control your powers. If you don't it could spell disaster." He looked right at her to make sure she realized what was happening. <From what you have told me, I'm relatively sure you have no idea of the extent of your 'talents'.>

She bit her lip. "Jon..."

He nodded and smiled at her. <Do you want to go talk to dad?>

"For a little bit. If..."

He stopped her. <You can do it like this. Now think. Use the telepathy.>

<If it's okay. I... don't want to bother him.> "That's kind of weird."

He nodded. <Come on. Let's go upstairs.>

"I need to go to the bathroom. Did you ever bring my stuff in?"

"No, I'll go get it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like I said in the feedback a couple of chapters ago, you are very perceptive, TOC.

I been writing about Jon and Jenni and Zared and Hannah and sometimes my poor keyboard gets confused. Let me know if I messed up. =}

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~