Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. razz razz razz

eek How many soul-mate can't a person have? hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
I loved to see Clark interact with his family. That was great.

"Well, I suppose that would keep you out of trouble. You are still going to get babysat. You are going to stay home and that's it!"

"Is it okay if I go to the high school graduation of my two sons and my son's fiancee' tomorrow?"

"You'll have babysitters, so yes."
So funny! I love it.

He put his arms around her and passionately kissed her. "Poor baby's sleepy. You've been working too hard taking care of me."

"Uh-huh. What are you going to do about it?"

"Mmmm... I don't know. I can think of a lot of things. You want to stay the night?"

"Clark. As your doctor, I'm telling you that you can't... yet. Besides I thought you were concerned about the kids."

"Yes, I know I can't.... yet. Can't and not supposed to are two entirely separate things, you know. Besides, it's not like you haven't been here almost every night since I came home. I just thought it would be nice to actually have you in my arms instead of having you down the hall in the guest room or on the couch or love seat."
In normal time, I don't like it so much when Clark has feelings for another woman than Lois, but I have to admit that in your story, it doesn't bother me.

I even like it, to see him falling in love all over again with someone else, as long as he always treasure his memories of Lois of course. Anyway, I really loved it when he said that he'd like to just have her in his arms while sleeping. So sweet!

"Caitlyn?"
What?!! mad You can't possibly stop here. Come back, I beg you!!! grovel hail

Very good part. I'm waiting for the next one.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for everyone's comments.

Well, Maria, I've actually seen a few people with more than one soul mate. After all, there are far more women in the world than men, so why not? But Clark isn't forgetting Lois. Remember, too, there are lots of good relationships out there that do not involve a soul mate. How many people do you see out there that ever have that kind of love? Also Clark is young and is going to live longer than a human. You wouldn't want him to always be alone, would you? I will say, that his relationship with Caitlyn will never be anything like the one he had with Lois. Thanks, Poussin that you like Clark's relationship with Caitlyn.

Hannah is a one year older (a full 12 months) than Jon. She is about three months older than Zared. Zared is nine months older than Jon. Jon and Hannah both have birthdays in December (a year apart) and Jon's birthday is in March. That will come out later. Oh, and Jenni's birthday is July 31st - in honor of Dean Cain.

Oh, Poussin, I left it like that for a teaser... eek

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like Maria said, I absolutely love Clark's relationship with his kids! I love the warmth that is such a foundation of everything about this family. That doesn't mean everything is just rosy. I really appreciate the way you write about the inevitable little family tensions and the worries of kids growing up, in this case motherless, and with a badly injured father. Perhaps that's why Jama has an upset stomach?

You have already made me very interested in Zared and Jenni. Now you are really, really whetting my appetite to see more of Jon and Hannah! Hmmm... that's extremely interesting, this thing that Hanna possibly wants sex, but Jon isn't ready. Or is he imagining things? Is he just feeling insecure, so that he believes that Hannah is expecting more from him than she does? She is a year older than him, which I think is perfectly okay, but it could increase Jon's feelings of inadequacy. Also, Jon has this hangup about *not* telling Hannah about Clark. So he's basically lying to her, which isn't likely to make him more realxed around her. And she is Bruce Wayne's daughter, and maybe, maybe she doesn't even know that Bruce is Batman... though I imagine that she does, after all. Hey, this just occurred to me - how about this double revelation scene?

Jon: "Hanna, my Dad is Superman."
Hannah: "Jon, my Dad is Batman."

That would be really cool, if you ask me.... goofy

It was almost shocking to hear about Clark's severe injuries. Jon is right, Clark isn't going to be Superman for quite some time. I love the idea that Jon and Clark are going to be working together as almost "twin" teenage Supermen! thumbsup

I was, however, a little shocked to hear that Anamarie has worked as the Kent family nanny for two and a half years, and she has only had one short vacation. In Sweden, I think that would almost be illegal. I don't doubt that Anamarie has been happy as the Kents' nanny, but really.... The idea that she should feel *guilty* for asking for a month's vacation after two and a half years.... It doesn't make me feel very good about Clark, even though you make it very obvious that Anamarie has been very happy working for him.

Great and fascinating chapter, though, Nancy!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In some companies in the US, vacation is mandatory or you lose the vacation time. In others the vacation time can just keep building. I've seen lots of people that don't want to take vacations. (I think they are crazy, myself.) And remember Clark did say he'd only been able to talk Anamarie into one vacation. That's why he is so willing to give her the time off.

Also, if my understanding is correct, most Europeans enjoy more (much more) vacation time than Americans. Small companies often only offer one week a year. Larger companies usually offer two weeks off to start with and that increases the longer you work for them. Very small independently owned companies don't have to offer any benefits whatsoever - including vacation. That doesn't mean they won't give you time off - you just don't get paid for it. And I won't even get into the state of health insurance coverage in this country. The US is one of the few industrialized countries that does not have some kind of national health insurance. Sad, isn't it?

Jon: "Hanna, my Dad is Superman."
Hannah: "Jon, my Dad is Batman."
It's not gonna happen... I'll give you a little teaser. Hannah does not know that Bruce is Batman, but she does has suspicions that there's something strange going on. There will be more about that in the next chapter or maybe the one after that. It depends on how much the next chapter gets expanded. The lack of her knowledge is also a point of contention between Clark and Bruce - one of many as you can imagine.

And here are my thoughts on Jon: He does want to have sex. (He's a 17 year old male, after all.) But he is ambivalent because he doesn't want to get into a situation like Zared. He knows about Zared's proposition of a prostitute, his history of somewhat wild behavior, and his little roll in the hay. (I haven't specifically said that, but I will make that clear later.) He also really knows that Hannah is the one for him. He has known it for a very long time, and he's scared witless by it. He also does indeed feel odd about her being older than him. Even though she isn't (Bruce is very protective.), he feels that she is much more experienced and worldly than he is. And Hannah has definitely been pushing him...

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard