Print Thread
#31256 08/01/06 12:40 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nice chapter, Nancy. I like getting to know more of Clark's kids. I appreciated meeting Jon and Hannah. So, Bruce Wayne's home has 137 rooms, eh? Does that include the Batcave? Guess you'd really need a map and a compass to get around in it.

Danny definitely appears nicer now. I suppose he liked Zared's Puerto Rican cooking. Me, I've never tasted anything like that, but I assume Maria likes it!!! drool

Personally, I don't drink carbonated drinks unless I really have to, but I'm still a little curious. Why would it be so bad for a person with just one kidney to drink Coke?

I like it that Zared gave his father blood, and that Clark is feeling better now. But I must say, Nancy, it sure takes an inordinately long time for him to recover. I don't remember really - did you say there were Kryptonite nano-thingies in his blood?

Anyway, I thought that scene with Zared and Brook was really sweet. And I liked it that Zared took Danny flying!

Looking forward to more!

Ann

#31257 08/01/06 04:24 AM
P
Columnist
Columnist
P
Wow.

When you first started to post that story, I didn't have time to read fanfics, so I just added it to my "to read" list. I have a little more time now, and I just read all the 13 first chapters. I LOVE that story.

There is so much interesting thing:
- I like the way Clark feels bored while he is recovering
- I love that Clark is able to date anew, and Caitlyn seems very nice. I like her.
- I love Zared character. The fact that he made some really stupid things during his adolescence, the way he is now trying to be a person as good as his father...
- The relationship between Jeni and her father is really interesting, too
- I hope we will see more of Jon and Hannah relationship too
- And to finish, I really am curious to know how it happened that Clark and Zara had a child together! wow!

That is a lot to deal with when writing a story, but you do really great. I love reading all that! So interesting! Keep it coming. That's a great story!

#31258 08/01/06 05:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool hyper

"Take me home. I need to get home to the kids. Mom is probably anxious to go home. Thanks. I was thinking of calling her to come and get me. I don't usually drink and I guess I didn't realize how it would hit me."
hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#31259 08/01/06 06:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for your help, Maria. I was using the word smashed to mean pressed, but I can see how it would be confusing. Also, calabaza or the West Indian pumpkin is not the same as pumpkins sold in the states, so I wanted to make the distinction. When I buy it here, it's called calabaza (or calabasa) squash. The pumpkins sold in the states are what one typically sees made into Jack' O' Lanterns at Halloween. I'll make a change to reflect this.

I didn't know that about rum and coke and Pina Coladas. I just picked rum because of Puerto Rican rum - Bacardi, isn't it?

Oh, in case anyone would like to know... Puerto Rico has the best pineapples in the world - far better than Hawaii!!

I gave Danny a mother because Jenni would no longer be there to watch the kids. I thought his mom would be the most likely to help him out.

137 rooms - I just used the first number over 100 that I thought of.

Ann (and anyone else)- If you can get the green plaintains, I encourage you to try tostones. They are marvelous! I posted a URL for a recipe at the bottom of the story.

As for carbonated drinks - they can be hard on anyone's kidneys but for a pregnant, one kidneyed teenager they could definitely spell trouble. Carbonated drinks have a high salt content and the carbonation can mess with calcium and other electrolyte (mineral) levels in one's body.

I hadn't thought about kryptonite thingies in Clark's blood but it makes sense. There is more in the next chapter about Clark's injuries. I do have him healing slowly, but in this storyline, he came very close to dying. I figured that an internal kryptonite exposure with heavy blood loss would take him much longer to recover from.

The next chapter will also have more interaction with Clark's kids.

Thanks for reading all 13 chapters at once, Poussin - that's a lot of reading! I have a whole other story written about how Zared came to be, but I may explain more of it in this story, also. And Jon and Hannah's relationship is definitely going to develop in a surprising way!

Thanks everybody!!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#31260 08/01/06 07:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks to Maria, I made some needed changes!

Here are the changes which I also posted to the story:

1st change~~
~~~~~~~
Zared walked in the room carrying two huge platters. He said, "I hope you like Puerto Rican, Danny. Es una favorita de la familia. Hay tostones, habichuelas con calabaza, arroz con pollo, y flan. ¡Esta muy rico! I can get you anything to drink that you want. Well, except alcohol, but dad can get that for you, if you want something.

Danny laughed a little and said, "I have no idea what you just said you were serving, but I'm willing to try it. Considering the interesting evening I've had, maybe a drink would be nice."

Zared nodded. "Jenni can tell you what everything is. I'll be right back."

Jenni grinned and said, "Okay, these are ummm... fried, pressed, and refried plátanos verde or green plantains, this is beans with West Indian pumpkin which is also called calabaza squash, this is rice with chicken, and this is flan. It is a caramel custard. It's good. It's a dessert."
~~~~~~~

2nd change~~

Original version:

"What would you like to drink Danny? I don't really have a lot of stuff to make mixed drinks with. I do have some rum. That would definitely go along with the Puerto Rican dinner. I also have several types of wine and I'm pretty sure there is some beer."

The change:

"What would you like to drink Danny? I don't really have a lot of stuff to make mixed drinks with. That includes not having the stuff to make the famous Puerto Rican Piña Colada, but I do have some Puerto Rican rum. I also have several types of wine and I'm pretty sure there is some beer."

THANKS for your help, Maria!

#31261 08/01/06 08:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Puerto Rican Piña Colada - use with or with out rum (white Barcardi rum).
http://www.cooksrecipes.com/beverage/puerto-rican-style-pina-colada-recipe.html

MAF wink

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#31262 08/01/06 09:17 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
First off let me say I am enjoying your story. Nice.

Next is there some reason you wrote out Lois and wrote in this Caitlyn person?

Framework4
#31263 08/01/06 06:17 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I wanted to explore what would happen to Clark and his family if Lois died. There isn't a lot of that in this story. The idea came about from a real life situation. This story was coming along better so I posted it before the other stories. I actually have three others set in this world - a series, if you will - that have actually been written but need heavy editing. I also have ideas for more than those three.

Thanks for reading my story. Nancy

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard