Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help

"Superman, no!" Lois yelled again.

Clark lunged toward her just as the man squeezed the trigger. He threw himself in the path of the bullet, passing into the Kryptonite field. The agonizing pain washed over him as he waited for the bullet's impact, hoping that he'd be able to protect Lois, but there was nothing.

No bullet.
razz Ching and his test a week before the wedding.

"Nor has found out about our mission, his supporters are claiming that we're committing treason. New Krypton is on the brink of civil war."
grumble This Nor is more aggressive and dangerous.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think I'm destined to have the feedback gods against me throughout this entire New Krypton series. No way I have the brain power to retype everything. To sum up: I laughed at the pillow thing and various mentions of Lois' mother, I cried (not really) when I found out that Ching and Zara were invading CK's life a week before the wedding, and I had fun seeing things from Ching and Zara's point of view. Cool that you sort of made your own 'tests' for Superman. The End.

Jen goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Rac

A great part! grumble mad
I really like the tests you devised. thumbsup

I can't wait to see what happens next. Hopefully Clark won't have to leave Lois. dizzy
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good instalment.

It will be interesting to see how far you take your story in a parallel with the series. As I mentioned before, many folcs didn't care for the NK arc because of the decision that Clark made to leave Lois to help a basically unworthy group of people try to avoid a war that was a forgone conclusion.

Parting scenes are very dramatic, and good fodder for angst. I'm curious if you will have one, and how well you'll be able to justify Clark's decision to abandon Lois, his life, and world that has come to depend on him.

Will we have Nor on earth? (of course, that's all the fun). Will we have the ridiculousness of the trial and all that crap on the Kryptonian ship? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tank (who always had trouble with Clark's motivation for going with Zara and Ching and so in his only NK story merely dealt with the aftermath)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very, very nice. MUCH better than the tests on the show, which didn't make much sense and were much more callous altogether. I would have preferred Ching not to use as much "Earthisms" as he did (frex, how would a NKer know what "salt of the earth" means?), but at least he did it less than he did on the show. smile

A little clarification: Clark seems to be watching the videotape while he's flying about, looking for the little girl. Instead of "focusing on the videotape," perhaps he could focus on the scene he'd seen on the video? Just a suggestion.

I like Zara and Ching's pragmatism here. I like seeing Ellen in her full bull-in-the-china-shop mode. I like this section, period. So how about giving us MORE? smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Features Writer
Features Writer
Rac,
great part
a little of everything
more
merry

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yes indeed, another great part. How horrible that Zara and Ching have arrived just *one week* before the wedding, but since it looks like the whole clone thing has never happened, at least they've never gone through all that misery in the first place. One small mercy there...

I agree that these tests are much more sensible than those seen on the show. Great job. And I loved this line from Lois:
"With all due respect, and it's not a whole lot, of all the people in this room whose worth might be in question, Kal El isn't one of them," Lois retorted.
I remember that Rac's warning note before posting said that she would try to provide lots and lots of angst, so I therefore assume that there will indeed be a parting scene. I think I should dig out a spare tissue box already... [Linked Image]

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm horribly behind and mean authors keep posting more fic just as I'm struggling to catch up (Pam suggests I should post and demand you all stop it at once, but I suspect she has ulterior motives and is just trying to avoid posting her own story...but I digress...) so I'll have to be brief.

Suffice it to say, thoroughly enjoyed the initial scene with Lois and Clark - very cute - and was fascinated with the remainder: the tests, Ellen, secondary and primary wedding mess goofy et al.

Like Hazel, I found the 'salt of the earth' pulled me up a little, but that was a minor thing.

More soon!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Thanks for all of your comments, everyone. Sorry it's taken me a while to respond; work is naturally kicking my butt and limiting my online time.

I'm glad that people liked the new "tests." Regarding some of the concerns expressed, I'll do something about Ching's 'earthisms' so that they won't be as jarring, I hope. I promise there won't be a farce of a trial (the law student in me won't allow it) as for parting scenes...who knows. The next part will be up momentarily. Thanks again for your very helpful comments.

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard