Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup Superman need a scientist friend who could make test anonymous.

confused Maybe Sam?! eek Not good idea.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
TicAndToc -

Awww - you went and did just what I was hoping you wouldn't do, but of course makes perfect sense. Of course there's a possibility that they're related. I'm hoping that you'll find a way to prove once and for all that they are definitely *not* siblings quickly - do either of them have their globe yet, or might we have to wait until bureau 39 shows up? I sincerely hope not - I'm not sure that I have it in me!

This part was so wonderful & painful at the same time! Lois' babbling when she thinks that Clark must not "like, like her." That Clark is so anguished at her revelation, and Lois' pain also at Clark's insight - this was just so well written!

"And finally, she cried for what she’d found. If he was her brother, she’d finally – finally - found a family. But at way, way, *way* too high a cost. "

This had me in tears - poor Lois!!! And poor Clark, too!

Have a safe trip - and post as soon as you can - I can't wait for more!

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I loved this part, just like I've loved all the previous ones. Please forgive me for doing little or no quoting this time, however. But I absolutely loved the incredibly intense emotions you built and built in this chapter. Lois's hopes, her fears, her frozen indecision (again), her panicked babbling - I loved that! And Clark's shock at the realization that he and Lois could actually be brother and sister, and Lois's horror when she, too, realized this possibility. The whole chapter was an emotional rollercoaster ride.

But - honestly, Janet, if Lois and Clark are indeed siblings, then so what? They are the last of their kind. They are male and female. They are a little like Adam and Eve, and Eve was, arguably, *more* than a sister to Adam. Besides, according to Genesis, Abraham and Sarah were indeed brother and sister. Just check out Genesis 20:12, if you don't believe me. If Abraham and Sarah could get married (and have a son who became one of the Patriarchs) even though they were *really* brother and sister, why shouldn't Lois and Clark be able to marry, too?

Don't get me wrong. *Of course* I don't like the idea of an incestuous marriage very much. Perhaps this very suspicion would fester and rot their relationship. Of course I would so, so much rather find proof that Lois and Clark are *not* siblings. And honestly, I believe that you are going to show us that proof eventually.

But I'm sure it's going to be both painful and totally fascinating to see Lois and Clark try to deal with this new situation.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Such a mean, mean logical part on which to cliffhanger us! smile1

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I knew there was a wicked twist coming soon. I'm SO glad I was SO wrong about Clark.

You know, just because they are so similar and wore the same colors, it doesn't mean they're brother and sister. (As a clarification, Ann, Abram claimed that Sarai was his sister to keep from being murdered so someone else could take her away from him. They were half-siblings.) It might be that Lois (as someone else has suggested) was Kal-El's birth wife, or that she was actually the daughter of a servant of the house of El. That would also explain why the ship didn't make it to Kansas, because over the vast distance of space, the mass difference between the two infants nudged the trajectory off by a miniscule fraction and threw the landing projections out of whack.

But Lois's pain comes through clearly, as does Clark's. He's thought about this for a couple of minutes more than Lois has, and he's shaken to the core by this revelation. (Nice reversal on the revelation thing, too!) You know, all they need to do is get a throat swab and let Star Labs do a DNA analysis. Or, let Superman give them his sample and let him bring in Lois's without telling them who she is. It doesn't have to be a blood test, and if they can provide hair samples with root tissue attached, that's another way.

Now we'll see if Lois is willing to be Ultra Woman (or whatever name she might take). And if she is willing, how closely will she work with Superman? Would it jeapordize both of their secrets if they work too well together? Wouldn't the press have a field day with that one? "SUPER-COUPLE: ANGELS OR ADVANCE SCOUTS?" And Jason Trask is surely lurking in the background close by, ready to pounce at a moment's notice.

This is still going to be a bumpy ride!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another wonderful part! smile1

You have really made me cry with your last paragraph! So moving! frown

She couldn’t look at him. Couldn’t think. Couldn’t… Despite her best efforts, a tear dropped onto her shirt, leaving a small, dark spot on the fabric.

“Oh, Lois,” he said softly, and drew her into his arms. She went unresistingly, and rested her head against him, and cried. She cried for what she was losing – and what she’d already lost. She cried for sad and lonely little-girl-Lois, and poor, beloved, tired Mama, who had died and gone away. She cried for the love she barely remembered, and all the times she’d had to struggle over some looming obstacle all alone. And finally, she cried for what she’d found. If he was her brother, she’d finally – finally - found a family. But at way, way, *way* too high a cost.
This is the last of a long list of sorrows, and now she's crying for all the hurt she suffered in her life.

I'm still with my previous idea: Lois could be Zara, birth-married to Kal-El! This could explain the same crest.
(But I don't understand why *same strange simbol* could only mean *family crest*; couldn't it be a religious simbol, or a indication of social class, or the nearer thing to a national flag? But it's understandable that they think to the most problematic situation, it's a possibility and they must deal with it!)
At very least, she could be Kara, Kal-El'cousin! (even if I 'd prefer they were no related)
Looking forward your next post!

Simona smile

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful story. I really like the twist of Clark still being Superman.

“How do you explain the crest? And the colors?”
Birth marriage! Lois is Zara in this AU and the crest is hers by marriage!!! I can hope!

“What if you are my… sister?”
Please you can't be so evil.

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
Good part! thumbsup

And well, it was expected their conclusion as they have the same crest smile

Expecting more soon,

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
wow! what a clincher! lois and clark as siblings .. eww! How could you be so cruel?
razz cool laugh thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard