If anyone disagrees with my title....look at it, there isn't a question tag for nothing. wink So no more spoilers.

From part 1:
“Oh, Clark,” she whispered. “I am so terribly sorry.” She felt an unfamiliar pain in her heart.
She looked one last time at the building that once had been the Planet. Then she decided to leave and go to her appartment. She would wait some time there and then visit Clark’s apartment. They needed to talk.

Suicidal despair:

Part 2

Clark found his release in flying. He flew fast, really fast. He tried to reach his limit in order to break it. He had never sped up like this. The air nearly hurt him. Its pressure lay heavy on his body, but he was stronger than this.

Concentrating on the flight spared him to think of Lois, at least almost. He didn’t want to think about her anymore. She had torn his heart to pieces. His body might be invulnerable, but his heart surely wasn’t.

It didn’t work, Lois was still in his mind. He needed to fly faster, tiring himself out, so that he might get his two hours of sleep.

No way. Speeding up even more didn’t help. It hadn’t helped for hours now. He had seen night and day, all around the world, for several times now. Hundreds of times, he assumed. A human being would have never survived this. But he did.

*I’m not attracted by his powers. It’s the man wearing the suit that I’ve fallen in love with. His bravery, his honesty, his moral standards. If he didn’t have powers, I would love him just the same.* he heard her voice inside his head.

He would laugh, if it wasn’t so painful. His conscious repeated her words like a mantra. They weren’t going to leave. He had pleaded, even begged for it. He had screamed as well, but her voice was louder than his own.

Flying so fast had made it a little calmer, but its dissappearance was something, he wished for in vain.

*What do you want? You’re not human, and she wants an alien. This is just what she is going to get. There is no difference if it’s Clark Kent, the alien, or Superman the alien. You were the one encouraging her infatuation with Superman. You have no right blaming her for this.*

Superman had not stayed indifferent to Lois, as he had planned to. No wonder she paid more attention to the guy in red and blue. He was far more exciting than Clark Kent from Smallville.

But didn’t he have the right to be happy while not wearing the cape? All he wanted, was to be loved for who he was and not for what he could do. Lois loved him, but not in the way he wanted it. He wished it was real love. The kind of love he felt for her and hoped to receive from her in return.

*Tell her*, a soft voice in the back of his mind begged. *When she knows, she will belong to you and not to Luther. That is all, what counts.*

“No, it isn’t, Kent. Her well-being is important, nothing else.” he replied to himself.

Hours had passed, that seemed like an eternity. It was late afternoon and Lois decided that she had given him enough time to calm down. She wanted him to listen, not to be furious.

Relieved that she could finally go to him and solve their problems, she hurried to his apartment.

She got a cab nearly at once, which seemed quite a miracle for Metropolis. The driver was silent and looked on the streets. The traffic was just like everytime in the afternoon. The streets were jammed and Lois fought with her temper.

Usually she would cope with this easily. But she had never wanted to be somewhere so badly like now, right in front of Clark. And at the same time she had never feared so much to actually reach her destiny. This was awkward.

But the inevitable always seemed to approach quicker than anything. Soon the streets were empty enough to drive fast, and of course the driver did so. She also could have taken her own car, but she knew that she was too nervous.

So, when the cab stopped in front of Clarks building, Lois paid the driver and got out of the car.

She went to his front door and knocked. There was neither light, nor a single sound from the inside. Lois knocked once more, this time a bit harder.

“Come on, Clark, I need to talk to you. Please open the door.” she said. Nothing was to be heard. Obviously Clark wasn’t at home.

She didn’t want to leave the place. She didn’t want him to escape her. Closed doors had never been a real barrier for Lois Lane. It took her only minutes to break in.

The apartment was silent and dark. She knew that turning on the lights might arouse suspicion. She wanted to talk to Clark, not the police. So she closed the door firmly and then descended the stairs.

She walked over to his sofa that was so much more comfortable than her own and sat down.
Since it was dark outside, she couldn’t see much around her.

Clarks place was as tidy as ever. Lois assumed that Clark hadn’t returned home since the morning. She was quite sure that he had been in the mood for smashing things, as he left the park so quickly. Oh, if she only could turn back time...

Clark hadn’t returned yet. Lois had fallen asleep while waiting. When she woke up, she wondered, which time it was. She heard someone speaking, but it wasn’t Clark’s voice.

Someone left a message on his answering machine. That had woken her up.

“CK? I’ve been calling you for hours. You don’t answer to your beeper! Where are you? Call me back, yes? “ Jimmy said and hung up.

Lois sat straight. Clark avoided Jimmy as well? She searched for a watch. It was two o’ clock in the morning. Where was Clark? Lois began to worry if something had happened to him. He hadn’t actually been in a good shape, when she had last seen him.

Lois stood up and wandered through Clark’s apartment, looking in his bedroom, with little hope to find him there. Of course it was empty.
Lois returned to the sofa. There was nothing she could do at the moment. She needed to wait until dawning.

She wanted to fall asleep again, but this time, it wouldn’t happen.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool