Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Here's the feedback thread for my fic, " A [Parent\'s] Love That Risks Nothing . . . "

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I'm intrigued. Can't wait to see what's next.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Honestly, neither can I. I don't have anything else planned yet, so Chapter Two may take awhile.

Thanks for the feedback!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yay, Darcy! You're writing a story to finish the vignette! And I got a 'thank-you' in the prologue! Woo-hoo!

Love the interplay between Jor-El and Lara. They don't banter, but then this is a serious situation, and they're working together quite smoothly. I see some interesting interaction in the near future, like maybe in the next chapter?

And that one should be - What? What's this? You don't have anything else yet? NO!!! How can you tantalize us with such an intriguing beginning and then tell us that not only do you not have anything in the buffer, you don't have anything else at all? Yarghhh!!!

Oh, you've GOT to keep this going! Please! I'll throw grapes or tomatoes at the muse if that will help. I'll even (gulp!) offer my assistance with the story itself! A beginning this good has to have a quality middle and ending just waiting to be written down. I'm sure someone with your imagination could put it together quickly. And you wouldn't want to disappoint me, would you?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm up for collaboration, if you are, Terry. razz

Heck, it was difficult enough planning out the five vignettes. I'm terrible at planning long stories--my notes are usually one sentence about the major plot points for the BEGINNING of the story (and possibly some of the middle), and then I have to flesh out a whole chapter from each individual note. Which is why I don't do a lot of chapter fics, actually, but I got the idea for the prologue of this one after I wrote the vignette, and just had to flesh out the story somehow.

So anyway, if you wanna collaborate, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I'll still keep at it--it'll just be at whatever pace my muse feels like going.

Thanks, once again and as always, for the feedback!

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey cool, you're continuing one of the vignettes. I'll be interested to see where it goes!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just in case you're wondering why I edited your post at the top of the thread, DSDragon - it was just to add the part nos. to the header. Nothing serious. <g>

It makes it easier for myself and the Index Crew to find the relevent threads when we're updating TOCs. smile

Chapter Two and subsequent chapters of the story will/should have their own separate fdk threads, of course.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ah, thanks, LabRat. I thought I only needed the one feedback thread for the whole story, which I linked to in the TOC. Thanks for the clarification.

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story. Don't make us wait too much longer!!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'll try, but I can't promise anything until I get rid of the writer's block on this fic. Thanks for the comments!

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderfully unique and interesting story. I always felt sorry for Clark that he had lost his *birth* parents (who loved him so much) even though he had Martha and Jonathan (who were so wonderful to him).

I really enjoyed both the Prologue and first part of this story and look forward to whatever you can give us after this... even if it takes you a little while.

Thanks! -- MR

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Glad you like it!

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard