Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm back form London, so it's FDK time!!! And DJ, this is a totally lovely story and an absolutely delightful part! Just consider this little snippet:
I *know* that he is Superman, deep down I really do. But before I put any sort of a *plan* into action, I really need to confirm that to myself. The one way I can think of to do that is to *mark* him somehow, so that when he dashes off as Clark and shows back up as Superman, he’ll still be marked.
I love the use of those asterisks! So Lois - you can hear the way she is talking to herself in her mind. And personally I can almost see her eyes glitter. Your writing reminds me of the drawings of the greatest Lois Lane comic book of all time, Kurt Schaffenberger, the Teri Hatcher of his trade. Shaffenberger's Lois was full of almost childish enthusiasm and slightly madcap schemes, and she was adorable. I mean it as high praise when I say that your story is like Shaffenberger comics translated into writing! goofy
“Come on, Lois, you can’t still be mad about last night.”

“No, Clark, I can.” You can lie and I can stay mad.
I just love this argument, particularly now that Lois knows!!!
“But why?” he pleads with me.

“Why? Were you not listening to anything I said last night? You keep secrets from me, and what happened last night just proves that.”
That's telling him, Lois. Tell him not to keep secrets from you!
“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have kept that from you.” He risks moving a little closer to me. Having smelled his shirt just yesterday my nose immediately picks up on his scent. That darned flutter returns to my stomach. Mmm, his clothes had smelled nice, but he smells even better. I breathe him in and enjoy it, despite myself, as he continues to close the distance between us.
Oh, wow, wow - Clark's contrition (which is a far cry from complete honesty, though) and the way his scent makes Lois completely enthralled! Yes! Yes! Yes! goofy

“Okay, well I’ll see you around, maybe at the next tenant’s meeting, huh?”

“Oh, uh, maybe. Bye Michelle. Thanks,” I say, walking off towards my apartment.
Yeah, as if Lois is going to go to those tenant meetings, huh? rotflol

And this, too, was priceless:
“Um, when you asked for doubles, did you realize there was just one picture of Superman on this whole roll of film? Not any other pictures? The rest were blank.” The clerk was giving me a funny look. He hands me the photo envelope and picks up the money I had laid on the counter.

Oh mind your own business, would ya? “Yeah, I’m a big fan. I just had to get this picture back. I couldn’t wait.”

He rolls his eyes slightly as he gets my change out of the cash register. Does he really think I can’t see him doing that? If I wasn’t in such a hurry to examine my prize photo, I would take the time to give him a piece of my mind.
Wonderful!!! I can see that clerk looking at Lois, and you made me see so perfectly what he was thinking!! :rolleyes: rotflol

After that, the story veered into A-plot territory, and you know I don't get enthusiastic about that. And it was scary, too. And kind of disgusting. But it was still so Lois! So well-written!

Awesome, DJ. Fantastic. Wonderful!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Roo - You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it! :-)

Ann! I missed you! Welcome back! And WOW! What wonderful feedback. Thanks. I will definitely take your Shaffenberger comment as a compliment. Thanks so much. This was my first time in 1st person POV, glad to know it was successful.

Glad you enjoyed it so much. Hopefully you'll enjoy part 3 when you get a chance to read it. What a morning this has been! A trailer for "Remember Me" from LoisLaneWannaBe and all this feedback. I feel like a glutton from all this feedback. goofy How wonderful!

Thank you again everyone!

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard