Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#30548 10/31/07 09:25 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Just decided to read this from finding the trailer. Interesting, that I first really started paying attention when you were posting Novel Idea, so I was just a couple months late in getting to read each part.

Loved the whole story. Two things I found interesting/amazing.

One, this whole thing is an intro to Meet John Doe, but they just got done meeting Tempus. Will Tempus remember this plot, or is John Doe an earlier Tempus than your story's and also, will LnC have any recognition of him.

Second, I challenge anyone to look up the lyrics of the song "Remember" that was used for the trailer, realize that DJ wrote this without hearing that song, and not be utterly flabbergasted. There isn't a line of any of the chori (choruses plural?) that doesn't match this story perfectly. My favorite "Remember, when your dreams have ended, time can be transcended, remember me." The dreams? Transcending time? Come on. Absolutely amazing, DJ! It takes a story this wonderful to match such a wonderful song so beautifully.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#30549 11/01/07 01:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woody! <faints> WOW! Do you know how excited I was when I popped in here to post comments on Flawed and saw that someone had revived this thread. I had to do a double-take and then I was like "nah, that's not my story... it's a new story with the same title"...

But low and behold! <g>

Thank you so much for the fdk. I'm tickled pink that you enjoyed it. And yes, I hadn't heard that song before Kelly made the trailer for me. I was blown away by how well the lyrics fit the story. <hugs Kelly>

I loved your theorizing about Tempus. <g> You just never know about that evil genius. I think it's entirely possible/plausible that he might remember it... but as far as Lois & Clark were concerned, since Clark returned balance to time and set things right and Herb took him back to the night that things had changed for him... neither of them would remember. Which is why he couldn't remember to go save Mayson. Of course, just my take on things. <g>

Thanks so much for the fdk, Woody. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story and you so totally made my day today!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#30550 11/01/07 10:50 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Woody, for bringing this little gem back to my mind.

DJ, I never commented on this story while you were posting it, but I wanted to add my own words of worship....er, praise for this story. I love to hate Tempus and this story is a beautiful what-if. I loved how Clark's and Lois' dreams brought them together, Mayson (a tragic character if ever there were one), and how their memories converged until they couldn't tell the difference.

The way you brought us right back into the series continuity before "Meet John Doe" was great too.

Brava!
BJ

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard