OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

mad Don't leave me hanging like that!

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper
PS
I have a friend that have photographic memory. You tell her page and line and she tell you everything in that location. She is a special attorney for the government.

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes!!! Lois has begun fighting the dragons! And oh, what an appropriate first dragon she has found. Boy, that dragon is going to take a lot of stabling, but Lois is up to it, no doubt!

I love your careful description of Lois's life as an intern at the Daily Planet and all the little things an internship there would entail. Are you just supremely knowledgeable, Janet, or have you by any chance been an intern at a newspaper yourself? Or perhaps even worked as a reporter? Don't tell me - you are a reporter?

I love this story. I love your Lois. I love to hate your Claude. I love to wait for Lois's meeting with Clark. I'm in awe of your linguistic skill, crafting this story. I love what you are doing, pure and simple.

Thank you so much for posting this part right after I had posted that little reminder ( wink ). This gem of a story simply has to be allowed to unfold and eventually to be brought to a conclusion.

Ann

P.S. Janet, I wrote, and posted, this before I had read your post commenting on the FDK on the previous part. So I hadn't noticed that you said this:
This particular story has been much harder to write than the little pieces I've posted previously, as it's much more serious. It's got more of... I guess you can say, me invested in it, than the others have - even Cloud Nine, which was my first really serious effort at writing fanfic.

Anyway. So it feels more... exposed, I guess, to post this story.
And maybe this is why your story rings so true and packs such an emotional punch. Thank you for giving so much of yourself here, and for making this story so quietly, overwhelmingly compelling.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Go Lois!!!! clap Gotta love that girl. She sure is clever!

Now that you mention it, it is obvious that with her enhanced hearing etc she is able to pick up on these things. I am glad that her powers help her in this case to see Claude for who he really is. This time she won't get burnt but that scumbag. But he will get what he deserves. dance

Looking forward to more,
Natascha

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I am very glad to see this story continue. And I'm so very glad that Lois didn't pull Claude's arms off and beat him to a pulp with them. She's playing within the rules and using her powers to enhance her other natural abilities. Her Mama taught her better than she hoped, and it took very well.

Love to be a fly on the wall when Claude gives Perry the story that Lois has already written! He'll be so fired he'll think he spontaneously combusted!

I understand about the difficulty in writing something that closer to your heart than you first expected. I hope you persevere, because this is an excellent story. You're an outstanding writer, and this Lois is a brilliant re-imagining of the whole L&C narrative. Please, please keep at it!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Are you just supremely knowledgeable, Janet, or have you by any chance been an intern at a newspaper yourself? Or perhaps even worked as a reporter? Don't tell me - you are a reporter?
blush Heavens, no. I'm flattered you think I could be. I did work - very briefly - at the college newspaper, copy editing (did I mention very briefly? goofy ) when I was in college.

But no - I'm a pharmacist. I just happen to work for a very self-contained company - all facets of the business, including purchasing, billing, nursing, customer service, the actual filling of regular and specialty (IV, TPN, etc.) prescriptions, and delivery are under one roof. My first month on the job included rotating through all the departments. My mental version of the Daily Planet works much the same. goofy

PS
I have a friend that have photographic memory. You tell her page and line and she tell you everything in that location. She is a special attorney for the government.
Hmmm. I may have to tweak that section a touch, then, and tuck in a line or two about how she doesn't need to study but feels compelled to do so, anyway...

Thank you all again for your encouraging comments. That snag I've mentioned? Haven't got past it yet. But it's a bit farther ahead in the story than this next part, which will be posted very shortly.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard