Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Matrix Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awww, this was so sweet. Cute, happy, and sweet. I kept thinking, "who is this couple?" at the beginning of the story. How cute! thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Definitely cute! And a lot of fun. I loved it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Adorable, Mary. And how could I not love it, me the comic book fan whose Superman comic book habits hark back to the sixties? How well I remember this:
It was a typical old story, with Lois trying to marry Superman and Jimmy turning into something bizarre and random.
And how I could sympathize with the anonymous wife, when she wondered about what happened to Lois Lane and Superman (yes, Superman, not Clark Kent):

"What do you think happened? Do you think Lois Lane and Superman ever got married?"
The husband's answer was totally adorable:

"She probably grew on him, wearing down his defenses little by little, until he finally realized the truth, that he had been in love all along. They went out, and fell even more deeply in love, but had a rocky time because of his career. So they broke up, then got back together, and broke up again, and got back together again, and proposed and were turned down a few times, until they finally realized that they only had eyes for each other. So they got married, and despite all the odds, had a beautiful family." He met her smile with a broad grin. "And to this day, when he's busy working, she probably still comes over, and leans on the erupting volcano, and talks about utter nonsense."
How perfect, Mary! Yes, in the comic books, in the original Superman myth, it was Lois who had to wear down Superman's defences, I swear it was! And it was most definitely his career - though actually even more his infuriating secret identity - that made things so impossible for them for such an unbearably long time.

Like DJ, I loved wondering about the "first couple" in your story. Who are they? Even though Clark is most certainly no musician, I still couldn't help toying with the idea that they might be Lois and Clark after all- but of course they were not. After all, Clark would never show his love for Lois by writing her a song called "Lucy Has My Heart".

So you showed us a couple living in, presumably, "our" world, the "real" world, who speculate about what happened to fictional characters Superman and Lois Lane. After this, you "switched realities", showing us a very happy Lois and Clark, speculating about what happened to the Peanuts when they grew up. This made me wonder what really happened to the Peanuts, if Lucy and Schroder got married - - - wait!!!! Lucy and Schroder? Lucy and Schroder??? So, who plays the piano all the time, and who would compose a song for his wife, called "Lucy Has My Heart"? Yeah. Right!!!!

I loved it, Mary!!!! clap clap clap

Ann

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hey, Mary,

good to see you back with a story smile

This is very lovely! Since I don't know much about the Peanuts, I appreciate how you slipped who the first couple were in the story.

Good job! Keep it up!

AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This made me smile. Thank you, Mary.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Kerth
Kerth
Lovely. Now someone needs to write one where Clark comes across a rather unlikely Sopwith Camel and its pilot...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
clap I love it! Just love it!

Very appealing, completely original, extremely sweet, and charmingly funny - and of course Lucy would end up with Schroeder - he was the quiet but very competent one (of course, Snoopy did the flying, but that's beside the point) and Lucy was his Lois Lane.

clap

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
id have to go with awwwwwww soooooo cuuuuute

blush blush blush blush smile1 smile1 sloppy sloppy blush blush

but it shouldnt be an upright, schroder needs a baby grand...

and yes, the 2nd half is needed, otherwise it has been so long since i have even thought of snoopy, that i wouldnt of recognised it

great stuff though,

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Awww! That was fun. Totally cute.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw I love Peanuts! That was adorable. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Oh, so sweet! I loved this. It was so rewarding to go back and read the first section after all became clear in the second. I particularly giggled at this:

And to this day, when he's busy working, she probably still comes over, and leans on the erupting volcano, and talks about utter nonsense.
"Leans on the erupting volcano" is just priceless!

Thanks for a delightful read smile

Caroline

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I loved this little story, it was very creative and fun. smile

I would have never thought of writing something like that...but it opened my mind to new possibilities.

Great job. thumbsup

FinLi

Clark: "Can I have a rat chief? Can I, huh? Please?"

Perry: "Clark, do you want me to send you to the dark room?"

Clark: "The dark room?"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, thanks, everybody! smile

I really wasn't sure how well this would go over, so thank you! laugh

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Don't forget to pass it along to the Archive, Mary! wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard