Print Thread
#30227 06/03/06 05:51 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I still find this totally fascinating. Lois, in her utter loneliness, finding strength and comfort in the memory of her dead Mama, and pursuing her dream of journalism against her adoptive parents' wishes and learning to control her growing powers without letting anyone in the world know about them. Clark, at least, had Martha and Jonathan to confide in.

I find your Lois so moving, so endearing, so harrowingly lonely. And I'm so, so looking forward to her meeting with Clark.

Thank you for this gem of a story, Toc!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent part. Anyone wanna bet whether or not something from Lois' Kryptonian heritage is in the box?

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
An interesting reversal of roles story.

I find your Lois a brave and resolute young woman. It will be interesting to see how she evoles and how she will interact with people as she grows into her job at the Planet.

Tank (who wonders how much 'history' at the Planet Lois will have before Clark shows up)

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm so pleased that others are finding this story as engaging and enthralling as I've been, beta reading it. The reversal is intriguing and your Lois beautifully conveyed. And the language you use rich and evocative. Postively poetic.

Looking forward to seeing more in my mailbox soon!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What a wonderful chapter! The thought of Lois' mother, who's struggling to make ends meet while raising a child and still managing to set aside enough money to pay her life insurance premium so her daughter would someday be financially secure ... that got me right *there.*

I also have to echo what others have already said — I love your Lois, and the writing is simply gorgeous.

Can't wait to read the next part!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just caught up with this part, and had to add a "me too" post. I'm really enjoying this story. The role reversal, Lois's POV, Lois's language and outlook, the view into her childhood/teens... Fascinating and beautiful.

Can't wait to see where this is going. Can't wait for her to meet Clark.

I'm a bit worried, though, that the safety deposit box will contain something glowing and green.

Guess I'll have to wait and see. Hope I don't have to wait too long...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This is a wonderful story. And I'm so glad to see that Mama is still taking care of her little dragon fighter. Lois is so independent that I'm not sure Clark will be able to breach the walls of her defences when they do meet. He'll have to work really hard to teach her to trust him.

I await the next part with bated breath, just like Tank.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard