Next Thread
Print Thread
#30185 05/31/06 01:29 AM
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Wow! What an explosive cliffhanger! Was the blast meant for Lois? Was she just a decoy for the sick mind with the camera? I wonder if others have been receiving candid pictures and just haven't mentioned them to Clark or Lois.

Where's Lucas's skeleton? Does Doc have some other motive for snatching the body? Is Emily dead or just injured? Will Clark be able to determine who planted the bomb?

Probably most importantly, will Lois be able to forgive him? Speaking as a male, I understand Clark's point of view on the sequence of events, but I still don't agree that he made the right decision, mental Yellow Pages notwithstanding. He should have told her and not allowed her to finally figure it out.

But will Lois realize that he was deliberately leaving clues so she could figure it out? And even if she does, will it make much difference?

This is an excellent story! I love the way all these plotlines are interwoven together. They're all strong, tense, well-conceived and well-executed, and I can hardly wait for the next chapter. Please, please come back soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks Terry!

I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that *you* are enjoying this story. smile1

It's probably going to be at least tomorrow before I can post again. RL issues have cropped up and I can't devote as much time to ironing out the kinks before posting as I would like.

A big thank you goes to everyone who's been reading along - I appreciate all the feedback.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I'm reading it when I can, too, Sue. I haven't much time to comment, but I like the story. Just tell me it has a happy ending!

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cliffhangers are good. They make the gentle readers want to come back. (A little apprehension is good for the soul).

I have to say that the 'relationship' situation is unfolding pretty much as I expected. Lois is being stubborn, but has every right to feel betrayed and used. To me, Clark can continue to rationalize about not telling Lois about Superman all he wants and can make a case for it. The one thing that he can't do is be intimate with Lois before telling her.

I just think that's the ultimate mistake in his pursuit of Lois. It's the most grevious betrayal of her trust and sends the worst possible message about his trust in her.

It will be pretty hard for Lois to forgive this, and I'm not sure she should. Perhaps it will take a near death experience for one of them to allow them to get past this sordid episode.

So... lets have one!

Tank (who still doesn't have a clue as to who and even why Lois is being stalked)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard