Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Wow! You've hooked me into this story completely.

I love it. Sexual tension, a mystery, interesting and complex characters, this fic has it all.

I'm definitely looking forward to more.

One small note - Are you aware that Kathy B. wrote a well-known nfic with the same title? Titles aren't sacred, so if that doesn't bother you, that's okay. Just thought I'd let you know.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Kerth
Kerth
One small note - Are you aware that Kathy B. wrote a well-known nfic with the same title? Titles aren't sacred, so if that doesn't bother you, that's okay. Just thought I'd let you know.
Eeeeek! No - I didn't know that. I'm a newbie to this ficdom and I've deliberately avoided reading all the old stuff because I didn't want to unintentionally copy someone. <sigh> I should have checked first, but there is a darn good reason why it's called "Revisionist History".

Kathy, I apologize! Hopefully the stories are nothing alike. blush

Sue

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Don't worry. The other was an nfic, and from what I've seen so far, there isn't any resemblance except Lois being her usual charming self.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Kerth
Kerth
The other was an nfic
Actually this one was written as an nfic too. This is the just the watered down version. wink

It's turning into one of those Monday's when it would have been better to have stayed in bed...

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I checked the nfic folder and realized that, but you still don't need to worry. The story you have here is completely different. There are a number of duplicate titles on the Archive and a few on Anne's site. It's no big deal. I'm pretty sure Kathy won't mind.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't worry Sue. You're not the only one this could have happened to. I've written a few stories so far and never even thought to make sure that my title wasn't the same as someone elses...I mean what's the chance of that happening? That it's "exactly" the same?

Well, I'm glad to see you start posting your story -- Sue was kind enough to ask me if I'd like to help beta read her PG version...I can tell you that it only gets better from here. thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Kerth
Kerth
Nice start - the whole stalker thing is distinctly creepy, and the story about the flying guy sounds very strange. Looking forward to more.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, no need to apologise, Sue. As Irene noted, titles aren't copyrighted and there's no reason why several stories can't share the same title. There are already examples of that on the Archive, as Nan points out. So you're not stepping on any toes. smile

It's actually strangely rare for titles to crop up more than once in FoLCdom. I have no idea why and it's always been a minor mystery for me. It's certainly not unusual in other fandoms to find stories sharing titles. Why FoLCdom is different is anyone's guess. laugh

But it does happen and it's nothing to worry about so long as it doesn't bother you that your story shares a title with another. No one reasonable could expect a new author coming into the fandom to check out every story out there before posting their own to ensure a title hasn't already been used.

So don't sweat it, Sue. Just keep writing! thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Sue, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. First of all, there is no way that anyone would ever get this story mixed up with Kathy's. They are completely different.

To bring this thread back to its original intent, this is a great story and I'm looking forward to a lot more. When will you be posting part 3?

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Columnist
Columnist
Noticed you posted on the nfic folder so I thought I'd just post here as well and say that I'm so happy to see this up smile And as for the bit at the beginning thank you so much! It's a pleasure to beta for you....I'm always reading such wonderful work! As for the Iron Lady ROTFLMAO! smile Good ol' Margaret! he he!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great start. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
Maria,

Hmmm - that sounds good, but it's not my story. smile

Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard