Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello.

Its been awhile since I took Krypto for a walk. Once again he is here with his little buddy by his side! Now he can hear the 'long' story of Streaky's arrival on Earth. As they say, comments equal love. love

Last edited by Morgana; 05/24/24 02:52 PM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Staff Person" rotflol

~•~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Staff Person indeed! Our pets know we are here to serve them. Honestly, having Dax and Pepper was a joy, they are missed every day. So when this challenge came along, how could I give up the chance to remember them when Krypto and Streaky were so smart and adorable?

Okay, so maybe trying to catch a snack and ending up in a tiny spaceship was not one of Streaky's best ideas, but he did miss the BIG BOOM! shock

So anybody else want to take Krypto for a walk? thumbsup

Last edited by Morgana; 05/25/24 04:55 PM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Oh nice, a new Krypto story. And Pepper/Streaky is back too.
Well that an...interesting background story. Though that reveals a fact that seems a bit confusing. since, if Streaky left Krypton before the "big Boom", and Krypto knew her from there, that means both pets are at least Clark's age which...I guess is theoretically possible given we talk alien animals here, but still a bit mind-blowing. Especially with Streaky - I mean, didn't Mrs. Harper ever wonder how her cat lived that long and even then doesn't even look like super-old? IDK just some thoughts.
Also, given her comment that the ship would have been big enough for both her and the Krypton scientist, the background essentially implies by what she did, she essentially doomed someone to die on the planet who would otherwise have survived/flown to earth which is...kinda disturbing...
The "staff person" made me laugh. Well, dogs have owners, cats have personel, or how that saying goes...
Anyway, fun little piece with lots of hidden worldbuilding implications.
Oh, and I might have a Walk with Krypto in store soon, the plot is all there, just needs to be written out.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!

This is a follow-up to my previous story in the Walk the Dog Challenge: Krypton Meets a New Friend?
Oh, fun!

Clark sat on the deck of his apartment soaking up the sunshine and thinking about his upcoming marriage.
Building up the necessary stamina?

Since their rocky initial meeting, the two animals had made up and become fast friends.
When cats and dogs decide to cooperate, the end is nigh!

Of course he agreed and rather than let the friendly feline stay all alone in an empty apartment Clark had moved his feeding dishes and litterbox into his place.
I wonder if the self-aware Cat finds the litterbox appropriate?

When Lois got here, he could fly all of them to his private paradise island in the Pacific Ocean for long walk to help Lois unwind after a hectic week.
If the island also has a soft nest for them to retreat to, he could help her unwind even more.

Maybe they could have a conversation about where they would live after the honeymoon?
Sherwood Forrest? Texas?

On this particular day, I found a large device my staff member was working on… a shiny metal box.
The whole 'staff' thingy so reminds me of Catwoman Tales when the story switches to the cats' POV.

After walking around and sniffing for a minute or two – I thought squeaky snacks might be hiding in there – I decided to hop in!
The mice might object to being objectified like that.

They were good to have around and pleasant company. Maybe he should consider getting a cat to keep Krypto company?
I’m not sure if Lois would like it if Cat moved into their new place with them wink

Thanks for taking care of Krypto! Funny little story smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Blind Passenger

Well that an...interesting background story. Though that reveals a fact that seems a bit confusing. since, if Streaky left Krypton before the "big Boom", and Krypto knew her from there, that means both pets are at least Clark's age which...I guess is theoretically possible given we talk alien animals here, but still a bit mind-blowing.

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! thumbsup

Streaky was indeed fortunate enough to leave before the Big Boom! But he was definitely young and as a kitten he is prone to explore and look for squeaky snacks in all manner of places. Let's face it, that's what furballs do! clap As a Kryptonian with a different DNA structure, it is possible he would live much longer than a Earth kitty.

Did Streaky take someone's place on the ship? No. It was tiny, only big enough to carry a cat. Since Kara was older than her cousin, it is doubtful Zor-El built it for her escape. It was simply a very sophisticated prototype.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Darth Michael

As usual, your comments have me either laughing like crazy or shaking my head in amazement. dance

It was so cool to step into this universe. Maybe Krypto (and Streaky) won't mind if there is another walk or treat for them in the future. smile1

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard