#299694 04/12/24 07:19 AM
A
AmandaK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
A
Story

Hope you enjoyed this one. Leave a comment.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Outstanding!

I loved how he basically WILLED it to happen. Now the discussion with Martha and Jonathan should be interesting...

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ahhh this made me so happy! ❤️❤️❤️

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
*SQUEE!!!* *Happy sigh* ^__^

This is so adorable!!! laugh

~•~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh, I loved how he worked so hard to make Lois happy. This is such a great AU. Thank you so much for writing this.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
So happy clap

Though I do wonder what Jonathan and Martha are thinking at the moment (as well as the other instances of Clark just handling things so well, not to mention him having a long distant & long term girlfriend smirk wink ).

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark's happy thoughts made him fly. grin

Thank you for this WAFFy fic. smile

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark sighed. “You could have specified that you were only going as friends. I took Rachael. No one assumed we were more than friends.”

“This isn’t Smallville, Clark,” Lois replied, sounding exasperated. “Guys in Metropolis don’t go as just friends. They act all cool about it until they get you alone in the hall outside the bathrooms and then they try to convince you to head upstairs to a room their older cousin, Barty, reserved for them for the night.”

Peeking into their lives as teen-agers is so much fun! The differences are totally believable. It makes sense that Clark would still take Rachel as his date to the Prom, no way was he having anything to do with Lana Lang. Lois, sadly attended her prom with a toad. He deserved everything that happened to him.

Your story was so very romantic. Clark wanted to be there for Lois. What better way than to show up at the prom as her long-distance boyfriend? Now everyone will know she is most definitely taken!

With each installment this series gets better and better.

Last edited by Morgana; 04/17/24 03:16 PM. Reason: Edits

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Amanda!
are we getting any more Kerth challenges this year?
No, but if someone posts a challenge and you respond, it will be eligible for the Best Challenge Response Kerth wink

This story is set toward the end of Lois’ junior year in high school, with Clark completing his senior year, ages 17 and 18, respectively. Not going to give away anymore in the note. Hope you enjoy!
Well, this sounds like Clark’s first flight. Hmm… no not Clark’s first flight although we might get to see him taking Lois to the skies once he feels confident he won’t drop her when she snuggles her lithe body against him.

“I’m not going.”

Clark held the phone between his ear and his shoulder as he finished hanging his laundry in the closet. “Come on, Lois,” he said. “It’s your Junior Prom. You –”
Ooooh, bad memories?

“Exactly,” Lois’ voice cut in. “It’s my Junior Prom. There’s another one next year. I’ll go then.”
laugh

“I don’t have a date,” Lois said flippantly.
Oh, did her Smallville boyfriend forget to ask her out?

“You could have had a date,” Clark argued. “You told me no less than three guys asked you.”
Yes, but none she met while square dancing.

You could have specified that you were only going as friends.
He does realize he’s talking about teenage boys, right? Only interested in one thing but scared senseless of the girl at the same time.

I took Rachael. No one assumed we were more than friends.”
Her father owns a gun and is in charge of deciding who to arrest as a criminal.

They act all cool about it until they get you alone in the hall outside the bathrooms and then they try to convince you to head upstairs to a room their older cousin, Barty, reserved for them for the night.”
Yes, but if she does say yes, it will likely be over before the boy gets the door open.

Clark blinked at the oddly specific example. “… I take it this has happened to you before.”
evil

“Mark got a swift kick to the groin and I caught a taxi home. Hardly the Night to Remember they advertised.”
I’m sure he remembered it.
HENDERSON: That’s funny. Normally they seal juvenile records, but it looks like this Lane woman has such a record that they decided to make it part of her adult record. Then again, I don’t think that particular piece of work really should have fathered children anyway.

You aren’t going with Mark.”

“I’m not going at all.”
Yes, this time the boy she’s going won’t try anything with her.
LOIS: Hence my staying home.

Do your make-up and your hair and whatever else you would normally do to get ready.
CAT: Shave above the knee.

Then… look at yourself in the mirror and if you still really don’t want to go, then don’t.”

He could almost see her rolling her eyes as she paused before answering him. “That’s just silly, Clark. I already know I don’t want to go.”
He might appear behind her in the mirror, all tuxxed up.

He needed to figure out a way to trigger it.
He needs to find his happy thought!
CLARK: Lois, getting dressed!

And then gravity worked the way it always did and he began to plummet back towards the Earth.
devil

. I’ll have to fill those in later, he thought as he continued soaring upwards.
UFO leaving craters and crop circles.

He ought to have hit the ground again by now.
See above mention of Lois.

Just how long did girls take to do their hair and make-up anyway?
He could get dinner in Paris…

I thought the prom was last weekend?”
Uuuu… East Coast...

“Lois?” his mom blinked, clearly confused. “She’s in Metropolis, honey. How are you going to get there?”
He’s an alien. He’ll manage.

“I’ll fly, of course.”
Duh!

Getting ready for a dance she wasn’t even planning to attend was not anywhere near as simple as Clark had made it out to be.
She’s cute how she’s trying to not get into it and then, she’s fully into it!

She heard the doorbell ring downstairs and vaguely wondered who it might be. Not for her certainly.
A delivery from Wine Rack?

he was going to receive more than Mark Milton got away with.
How can you get more than that?

How? Did you…?
He flew private.

“I made it happen.”
There’s now a wanted poster with the FBI for air piracy.

“What do you say, Miss Lane? Will you accompany me to the prom?”

Lois couldn’t stop her blush as she nodded. “I’d love to.”
Awwwwwwwwww

Another very fine entry. The dresscription was great. Learned a new word (“tea-length”) clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard