Beat Reporter
T
Chapter is here.

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Ooooooo - a Superman run-in! That was close! And it kills me, too, because I DO wonder if they would just be better off working together.

The first stop was a Costmart, an odd place to shop, as in a few years the whole chain would be closed after I expose it as a front for a crime syndicate in a Kerth winning investigation.
Fun little call-out - the subtleties of how time has changed here without Clark are fun to follow.
Also, I just realized that this timeline MIGHT have spared Lois Mayson, and I'm now wondering.... worth it? dizzy

but it had remained a mantra for many years and now it was not just calling my name, but shouting at me to pay attention.
Her reporter's instinct has always been one of her strongest tools. It's great to see that it's serving her now.

Had I only said yes because Superman had rejected me and I did it to lash back at him?
Oh, man, that hindsight is 20/20. rotflol

...and I find myself whispering his name in awe.
My heart skips a beat in fear as he turns his head toward me. Has he heard me?
I think he'd hear her whisper him name halfway across the city at this point. This is so much sadder with the circumstances you've given them. mecry

It’s been a long time since I’ve been that close to the hero and it’s as though I’ve forgotten how astounding he is in close proximity.
It's so sad that she thinks this is just because he's a superhero, and has no idea this is partly because they're soulmates, too. whinging

and I slip away unnoticed...
I can't help but wonder if she truly could ever slip away from him unnoticed, or if she doesn't see that he's really just letting her go.

Can't wait to see what comes next!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I jot down some notes on paper, wondering how I can intervene and what I’m supposed to do to help? Wells had only said I was here to help Clark, but could I expedite the investigation at all? Ultimately, the sooner Lex was arrested, the faster the Lois of this time would be free of his influence, and able to help Clark also.

The actual process of start any investigation begins with taking notes, whether on a phone, tablet or in this case, paper. Toomis8, absolutely love all these references to the recent past. When I started working in the early eighties, have a typewriter that corrected itself was considered cutting edge!

Once I had returned to Metropolis after Lex’s death, Superman was still working in the city, but he never stopped by my apartment again. He would grant me the odd question at press conferences but the warmth in his eyes, the affection I had once believed he held for me, was gone. Without Clark to ask Superman to stop by, I had no way of contacting him personally, and eventually I stopped asking questions. Superman also began to spend more time further afield, and Metropolis, while he still was seen more frequently there than elsewhere, saw much less of him.

Since I started reading this amazing story I was wandering what had happened to Clark. Apparently in her timeline he is alive and ...well? It heartbreaking to imagine he avoided Lois so completely. Where is his homebase now?

This fic is so fresh and cool! Lois is using her smarts and hindsight to solve a very tricky dilemma.

Onto the next chapter....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard