Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

First, thanks, KathyM, for your fdk on ch 14. smile

All fdk is welcome, late or not.

So, I'll enjoy hearing all your comments on this current chapter... at least, I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll enjoy reading your fdk. wink

Yours Jenni

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble This sound like she will be coming to visit him.

confused Does Sara told her grandparent about Jor-El finding Clark?

hyper Will Clark go with Lois to Metropolis and will she take the two doctors with her?

I'm biting my nails! hyper hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

party Happy Mothers Day! party

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is so incredibly moving, Jenni. The way Clark is so happy to begin to remember Lois, but the way his migraine attacks almost kill him when he does:

"I'm sorry," Letour repeated again, allowing himself to be helped to the chair next to where his Lois was standing.... His Lois! With that thought came such joy, but rushing behind his elation came needles of steel that stabbed at his eyes and scraped along his every nerve ending. How could she be his Lois when he didn't know her... except in dreams? The pain intensified until he could no longer keep silent. He doubled over and his groan sounded like a thunder clap assaulting his eardrums.
And then how Adrienne and Stephan try to help him, and manage to bring him some relief. The way Adrienne caught his attention was logical, but horrible:

"Specimen, can you hear my voice?"
Wow, Jenni... I almost wouldn't have dared to say that in front of Lois, if I had been Adrienne. But it did work, thanks in part to the fact that Mac and Marje were restraining Lois and Matt.

Adrienne keeps talking to Clark and helps him understand how to control his pain. Then she promises him something more:

"What about the pain, Dr Ducos?" Clark's attention was definitely caught. "Will it disappear?"

"I'm afraid I can't make it go completely or for good because there is a physical cause too... but you can learn to control it instead of the other way round. And I can arrange for pain medication. It's all I can do at this time, but I'm hoping with your friends and family to support you, your life will improve."

"Family?" Clark's whispered word was full of wonder.

"Perhaps," Adrienne agreed kindly.
This is so poignant, so wonderful.

And then this is also so totally, completely wonderful, as Lois holds Clark's hand in her own:

Suddenly, her touch alighted on his ugly stump, and Clark instinctively tried to recoil. These days, he was seldom conscious of his disfigurement, but the thought that Lois might perhaps be repulsed by his missing finger made him cringe.

But his fear was unfounded. Lois gave him a tender glance, but refused to release his hand. She gently explored the skin that stretched over the remaining bone. "Does it hurt much?" Her expression showed no revulsion, only a sympathetic concern.

"No. Not anymore." He returned her gaze and her smile. "I've had time to get used to it, but I know it doesn't look too good."

A charming blush stained his skin and Lois was transported back in time. Although Clark had never been exactly vain, he had liked to look good. He'd always dressed well, and even those outrageous ties had somehow managed to blend in with whatever he was wearing.

"Jor-El told me how you pulled people from the mudslide during the rescue mission. Your hands saved lives, so they are strong and beautiful," she reassured him, her fingers continuing to move lightly over his skin. "And you shouldn't give this another thought."
And finally, the way this chapter ends:
"Will you help me?" Letour asked, his eyebrows lifting wearily. Though not totally sure what Lois could do for him, he was willing to place his trust in her.

"Always!"

It was the he hadn't known he was seeking. The answer to his prayer that he was no longer alone. Hie eyes closed and he slept, content at last.
It's all extremely, extremely beautiful, Jenni. This story must be one of the most moving Lois and Clark stories ever.

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
“Mom?” That one uncertain word from Matt told Lois he felt as torn as she. Yet, preoccupied by her concern for Clark, she didn't notice enlightenment dawn slowly on the doctor's face.

Oh-oh! mecry I love it!

Please, more, ASAP! hail

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Excellent, as usual, Jenni! The previous posters did good jobs pointing out the most moving moments and I totally agree. What really struck me this time is how you've kept the characters so true to their personalities. Matt's outburst and then chagrin were totally believable coming from that sensitive teenager. Lois, the tigress, held herself back when she knew what would help Clark even though it took a lot of courage. The scientists reverted to their laboratory personas and when that word "Specimen" came out it was like fingernails on a chalkboard.
Thank you.
Marge

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Jenni

An excellent part! smile1

Tricia cool

Columnist
Columnist
This was just so touching and heartrending. I love that you don't take the easy way out with having all his memories return and a happily ever after. Clark has been severely damaged and his recovery will not be easy. I love that Lois must now trus the very people that did this to her husband.

I just adore this. MORE!!!!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Top Banana
Top Banana
Still here, still reading, still enjoying. smile

Yvonne

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi,

Thank you again for still reading and commenting. smile