Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Let me know what you think.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ack... I don't trust Nigel one bit.....

Wonderful chapter... Poor Lois having to make all those phone calls.... Gosh I'm still really worried about the Kents.... eek

Looking forward to the next chapter...!

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you, Bek. This is one of my favorite chapters, Lois having to deal with Nigel, and the Kents, and Henderson. Originally Nigel wasn't even supposed to be part of that scene, but then Terry asked what the double-crossing guy was up to and since this was a valuable question, he made it back into the story.

Glad you liked it. The next chapter will be up tomorrow.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
So much was going on in one chapter...where do I begin? help

Lois figured that Shanghai might be roughly the same time zone as Singapore and Rhelasia. It was half past ten a.m. in Metropolis and half past 11 p.m. in Shanghai. Still at least seven, maybe eight hours until the sun would come up on the other side of the world.

Hopefully that would give them enough time to act.

They will need every minute of those eight hours. Once Lex wakes up and recharges he will head for the hospital immediately. Clark needs to either get out of Metropolis or find another lead-lined haven.

"I may have kryptonite," St. John replied unfazed.

Her breath caught in her throat. That was just what she'd been afraid of. It took a conscious effort to keep her breathing even in a desperate attempt not to give away her alarm.

She pursed her lips. "Others have tried and failed. He may be quicker than you are and he doesn't share Superman's ethics."

St. John raised his brows and smiled, though not quite as smug as before.

Ha! Nigel is not as smart as he thinks he is. Does the man really think he can outsmart a normal Lex, much less one with super powers?

Lois pursed her lips. “Clark’s not going to pursue you if you help us. And if you don’t mind me saying so - I never trusted you to keep your end of the bargain. The money won’t be transferred unless I give my go-ahead in the next couple of days. Which I won’t if you kill Clark.”

When did Lois have time to tell Saunders this since Nigel was standing right there? Was it simply part of the transfer to Swiss bank account paperwork?

The Englishman raised his brows as if he found her assertion anything but convincing. “And what do you expect I should do for you?”

“Simple.” Lois raised her chin in defiance. “Don’t kill us, don’t rat us out.”

Whew! Mad Dog Lane in overdrive mode! It took guts to walk away from Nigel.

A cheerful female voice on the other side of the line announced, “Kent farm.”

Thank goodness she called the Kents and told them to get out of town!

The other two conversations where just as difficult. But Lois needed to get them done. If she cannot get kryptonite from Nigel there has to be another source. What about that bullet she dug out of him?

Onto the next part!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you very much for your feedback, Morgana. It was a good thing Lois managed to make those phone calls. And it's a good thing Lois is smarter than Nigel. At least for the time being he's not a threat.

Thanks for reading.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard