Kingdom Come Chp.3

New Characters
Salvador=King of Denmark and an old friend of Jonah's from school
Eileen=Queen of Denmark and Samuel's wife
Tristan= Prince of Denmark, Samuel and Eileen's twelve-year-old son
Louise=Princess of Denmark, Samuel and Eileen's six-year-old daughter.
Lucinda= Princess of Denmark, Samuel and Eileen's one-year-old daughter

Mary laughed at her father's reaction to Theodore. "Father, are you alright?"

Nicholas took a moment before answering. "Of course I am, dear. Theodore just isn't…well he isn't like anyone I've ever met."

Jonah laughed. "That's why my brother loved his advice some much. Theodore is very unique let's just say…that when we were kids he always kept everyone on their toes. Jordan always had a taste for odd things including Theodore's advice."

Nicholas nodded in understanding. "Yes, I can see that he's, very...um...err...colorful. Isn't he now?"

"Yes, he is. Anyway I think we should all retire to bed. It's getting very late and I think Calvin needs some rest" said Mary. Everyone nodded in agreement and went to bed.

Jonah and Mary admitted to parliament their inability to have children. Desperate for an heir they accepted Calvin. It was soon known throughout the kingdom that Prince Calvin would be their future king. Jonah and Mary legally adopted Calvin.

Seven years later

King Jonah was observing Sir Percy giving Calvin his lessons. Even though Percy wasn't a tutor he was a brilliant man and Jonah felt that Calvin would benefit from having him for his lessons. Calvin was a smart young man he was quick on the uptake and had mastered English, German, French, Danish, Russian, Greek, Spanish, and Latin by age five. It was important that he could speak all the languages of fellow monarchs so that he could better communicate with other countries. He was so much like Jordan and Laura. Jonah and Mary couldn't be prouder of him. Just than Jamal entered the room.

"King Jonah, Queen Mary I have news!"

"Oh Jamal, good! I must ask you do you know where Theodore has been lately. For a while now he been disappearing for days at a time do you know what is going on with him?"

"No, Jonah. He might be my family but he doesn’t tell me more than he tells you."

"Really? Hmmm…well what is this news you wanted to tell me."

"Sir, it is terrific news! King Salvador and his family are coming for a visit in two weeks."

"Oh my! That is good news."

Calvin interrupted. "Father? Who is King Salvator?"

"Oh I never told you about him, now did I? Well when I was twelve years old my father sent me to the a military school in France. Sal lived in my dorm building and we became best friends. He helped me out a lot. I think you'll like him and he has a daughter around your age."

"Really?" Calvin's face instantly brightened. "Am I going to have a new friend?"

Jonah smiled at his son. "Looks that way, Cal"

Calvin has a smile on his face the rest of the day.

**************************************************************************************************
The anxious seven-year-old stood next to his parents having a hard time keeping still. His parents were doing their best to keep him calm but nothing would work until Salvador and Eileen got there. Finally a horse drawn carriage came into view of the castle. The carriage approached the building and out stepped a tall man with a shorter woman by his side. The couple looked odd together at first glance because of the height difference but you could tell they were very fond of each other by the look in their eyes. The woman was carrying a brown-haired-brown-eyed baby that looked about a year old.

Followed by the man and woman was a tall, slim boy that looked eleven or twelve. He had blonde hair and brown eyes and looked a lot like his father. Followed by him was a girl. The girl looked a lot like the infant but looked about six. She had the same hair and eyes and same features which was like her mother's. The man rushed up to King Jonah and embraced him.

"Jonah! It's been such a long time old friend!"

"Sal! Yes, it has been. How have you been?"

"I'm just fine. I would like you to meet my children. You of course already know Eileen you and Mary were at our wedding."

"Of course! Eileen how nice to see you again I must tell you that you look radiant."

"Why thank you, Jonah. It's good to see you again, too."

"Eileen! Did you forget about me?" Asked Mary.

"Oh! Of course not, Mary it's so nice to see you again." Mary and Eileen hugged. The children stood confused next to their parents.

"Oh, sorry children. We almost forgot about you. Jonah, this is Tristan. He is twelve years old." Sal said pointing to his son. "This is Louise she is six. This darling little baby is Lucinda who just had her first birthday."

"Sal, Eileen they're beautiful" said Mary. Eileen smiled at Mary and turned her attention to Calvin who was standing in a respectful fashion.

"So, who is this little gentleman?"

"Oh, of course. This is our son, Calvin. He is seven years old and has been looking forward to meeting all of you."

"Well hello there, Calvin."

"Hello, madam."

Jonah jumped in. "Well, I think the children should play while we adults talk of important matters. Calvin, would you please show Tristan and Louise your play room?"

"Yes, father."

"Good boy." The children walked up to Calvin's playroom.

"What do you guys want to play?" Asked Calvin. Tristan looked around and yawned.

"I don't want to play with you or Louise. You're both still children but I'm an adult. Adults don't play children's games."

Louise countered him. "You're not an adult yet, Tristan. As far as everyone is concerned you're still a child."

Tristan snorted. "We'll see about that." He left the room. Louise turned to Calvin.

"Sorry about that. My brother thinks he is so high and mighty just because dad told him he's going to be king some day."

Calvin smiled at her. "It's okay. I think you’re brave to stand up to him like that."

"Thanks, Calvin. Do you want to be friends?" Calvin nodded.

"Sure!"

"Let's shake on it." Both of them shook hand and began a friendship that would be tested over the next several years.

TO BE CONTINUED

Oxiate