As promised another part of the MagiKal AU . Hope you like it.

Hokiss Pokiss

Lois huffed in frustration as they left the small perfume shop. “Well, this was a perfect waste of our-” She tumbled a bit as Houdini darted past her, eager to get out of the assaulting mélange of different smells. “-time.”

Clark reached out to steady Lois and laid an arm around her shoulders. “I wouldn’t say that. We confirmed that she was really there yesterday and sprayed every single person in the newsroom. Besides, I found a little something.” With a smile, Clark produced an atomizer from his pocket. “I’m pretty sure this is what she used on us.”

Lois’s eyes widened. “How did you get that?”

“While I’m out of commission, Houdini helped me find the stuff that smells like the perfume that was on your clothes and Perry’s and Jimmy’s.” Clark patted the setter’s head fondly.

Houdini sneezed in reply and shook himself. The look on the dog’s face seemed to say that he wasn’t willing to pay the shop another visit. Clark could relate. He didn’t want to know what would happen to him if his sense of smell went out of whack right in the middle of all those fragrances.
Even before he’d developed the hiccups he’d stayed clear of intense smells like that whenever he could avoid them.

Much as he hated to ask things of Houdini that he’d rather not do himself, this was clearly an emergency. The whole newsroom probably still looked like it had been decorated for Valentine’s Day. Perry was facing a sexual harrassment suit and had nearly had a nervous breakdown over the morning edition's headline: COUPLE REUNITED! LOVE WINS OUT!

It was difficult to say which of these problems irked Perry more. And thanks to all the havoc in the newsroom, he didn’t even know yet what he’d missed the other day. MagiKal's statue in the other side of the Atlantic must have hit the news. Clark still hadn’t talked to Lois about his outing in Paris. He had no idea how he was going to address the issue and while he was without his powers, he couldn’t meet Murray Brown either.

“Are you okay?” Lois eyed him concerned. “You look a little pale all of a sudden.”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Clark ran his hand through Houdni’s fur, wishing the dog could provide him with some advice.

“I should have let you rest,” Lois mumbled.

She bit her lower lip and Clark could see the guilt rippling across her beautiful features. He pulled her a little closer and placed a kiss on her temple. Seeing her so unhappy tore at his heart.

“Look, I got plenty of rest while you took care of the crystals.” Clark stopped and turned to her. A rush of warmth went through him as he ran his hand along her cheek and cupped it. Suddenly, he wanted nothing more than to kiss her pain away. “And I promise you I’m not going to get anywhere near that bank vault of yours. I can’t fly, is all. Considering how many perfumes we were just forced to smell, I’m actually glad that I’m not at a hundred percent right now. So no harm done.”

A single tear slipped down her cheek. “I just don’t understand how you’re able not to hate me.”

He felt his throat tighten and couldn’t hold himself back anymore. Clark leaned in and touched his lips to hers. She tasted so sweet and her lips were so silky as she parted them under the gentle brush of his tongue. He felt Houdini press against his legs from behind, as if he wanted to make extra sure they really kissed and made up.

Clark was slightly breathless as they parted. “I’m completely in love with you, Lois. No matter what. That's how.”

He pulled her into an embrace and she leaned her head against his chest. As he felt her body so close to his, it was as if the final piece of the puzzle just slipped into place and completed the picture. She made him whole.

“Would you go out with me tonight?” he whispered into her hair. “I could find us a fancy restaurant and then I’ll wine and dine you until you forget what happened in your apartment. How does that sound?”

“Wonderful!” She looked up at him with a somewhat teary-eyed smile. “But what if your powers return before we make it to dinner?”

Clark wiped a tear off her cheek. “I’ll make sure they have tables outside as well as inside and allow dogs.”

Her eyes widened. “Really?”

“I’m not going to run away from this.” Clark vowed. “I might have to duck out to the little magician’s room, if the need arises. But I’m not going to let this chance pass.”

She laughed and the sound made his heart swell with happiness. There was no doubt in his mind that this was worth it, that she was worth a thousand exposures to the green crystal just to be near her. He loved her and he wanted to show her how much. Once again he was drawn to her lips and he didn’t want to fight it any longer. He leaned in, slowly, giving her the time to pull back if she wanted to. But Lois closed the distance. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and pressed her lips to his.
Her kiss was everything he’d been dreaming of. If he’d had his powers, he would have floated from the experience. Clark closed his eyes and gave himself over to sensation. He was aware of every inch of her body that he touched and it took all his willpower not to deepen the kiss. After all, they were outside and not in the privacy of his -

Clark pushed the thought away. Things were good the way they were, there was no use fantasizing about what might be. He was kissing her and that was great, better than great. It was absolutely amazing.

A silly smile played around her lips as she broke the kiss and he knew that it only mirrored his. But he just couldn’t stop grinning.

“How about we take the stuff you found in Miranda’s shop to S.T.A.R. Labs. That’s just a short walk from here,” Lois suggested.

“Sounds good. I think Houdini would love to get some fresh air after that perfume shop.”

The dog barked his agreement. Lois entwined her hand with Clark’s and started down the street. Houdini followed them, brushing his head against Clark’s other hand. Gently, he scratched the dog behind his ear, reveling in the feel of having those he loved so close. This was what Heaven had to be like.

They walked for a while, making plans for the evening and considering the best location for their date, when Lois suddenly stopped in front of a newspaper stand. Clark turned his head, wondering what might have caught her interest, when he spotted it. A picture of the ice sculpture he’d created close to the Eiffel Tower was plastered across the front pages of almost any magazine or newspaper the stand sold.

Clark closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He’d completely forgotten about that problem, but it was pretty much obvious that he could no longer ignore it.

Lois turned to him and raised her brows. “Paris?”

He gave her a helpless shrug and pulled her away from the stand. “I wanted to get croissants for breakfast. Sort of as an apology for running out on you. While I was there, I had another hiccup. But since I didn’t have my costume, I couldn’t perform as MagiKal. So I did my best to avoid being seen.”

Lois pursed her lips. “And now the whole world is wondering how an ice sculpture of the Lady of Liberty appeared literally out of nowhere. Clark, this could turn into a real problem if MagiKal doesn't give a statement.”

Clark heaved a sigh and ran a hand through his hair. “I wanted to talk to you about it, but then things kind of got out of hand.”

“I know.” She faced down. “Maybe we should use our date for another interview with MagiKal. Perry would be elated and it might help him to forget about the last head line.”

Clark snorted. “I don’t know if anything can make him forget about that.”

Lois gave his shoulder a playful slap. “Don’t sell yourself short, flyboy. And never underestimate my abilities as a reporter. Remember, I’m the one who found out how your magic works.”

Clark laughed. “That’s because I told you. But you’re right, nobody stands a chance against Lois Lane. How could I ever forget that?”

She winked at him. "You better not, or I may remind you."
As her lips curled into a wonderful smile, he knew that at least he was completely helpless to resist her.

Last edited by bakasi; 08/07/23 12:34 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool