Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just read The Kiss Off.

Wow. I have to admit, I was wondering how a story with that basic premise could keep things up that long.

Reading it, though, it just flowed. Naturally. Wonderfully.

There were moments that jumped out at me... well, not jumped out, exactly. Just that... (pardon, but I'm in metaphor mode, must be catching...) it's like chocolate chips in ice cream. They stand out, extra good, but they also fit right in with the overall goodness. The whole thing's smooth and sweet and just needs to be savored, but there are bits in it that are, well, chocolate. You know what I mean, right?

And then, suddenly, you find yourself at the bottom of the pint, and you know you're full and there isn't really supposed to be any more, but you still miss it...

Thanks, you two. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yup, I'm back.

Just read "Between Best Friends."

Man, this DVD is just packed with goodness, isn't it?

I just poured through this one.

I don't know how you paint things so vividly, Tracey, but it's a talent I envy.

That was just really really sweet.

Great job. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Back again. smile

"Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" this time.

That was a cool read.

It's an original set-up, but, strangely enough, it leads to some very familliar territory. And yet, it manages to give those familliar moments a whole new meaning. Now there's some impressively deft work.

Great job, Jenni. smile

Paul

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
When my DVD arrived, I sat down and devoured the entire thing in a two-day L&C marathon, and then I was overwhelmed by the prospect of commenting on so much fic. I could have responded to the stories that moved me most, but I was afraid that the other writers would feel hurt, so I put off writing any fdk. After reading Paul's poll, I realized I was being stupid, so I decided to comment on one story per day.

An Affair to Remember
The man who dreamt of marrying her. Who dreamt of her babies.... The man who wanted to marry her. The man who wanted to love her. The man who'd dreamt about a life with her...
Dave, I really liked those lines. They gave a beautiful picture not only of Clark but also of how Lois perceived him. In fact, if you don't mind, I would like to use that in my English Comp class when I'm teaching my students about the power of deliberate repetition.

I appreciated what a difference it made to Clark's amnesia when he knew Lois loved him. It brought him straight to her after he crash-landed following his first attempt on Nightfall. I just loved his final lines: "Yeah. Chair... table... mirror... Lois." His grin widened. "I know the important stuff."

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Better to Have Loved and ... Lost?

Tank, that was such an evil set-up, but I have to admit that I automatically assumed the same thing Wendy did--that it occurred in an alternate universe. What I didn't guess was how she would fix it. However, as Lois talked with the alt-Supes, I have to admit that I remembered my own Mxysplit, in which I separated Clark and Superman into two people. Using the impact from Clark's crash after hitting Nightfall to split him made sense, and it was good to see both L&Cs happy and together again.

Handy little device Clark happened to have to call Wells. Must be a product of the Inter-Temporal Postal Service. wink

Sheila Harper

S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
Finally I had few moments in two days to start to read!
Well, I didn't read so much: only the Epilogue to "An affair to remember" by David (I think it's the perfect ending to your wonderful story, David! smile1

Last thing I saw is the great, great trailer by Sara Kraft to "Without a trace" by Sheila Harper. Oh my God! eek This is probably a very angsty story, so I can't wait to have a little time to read it! Brava Sara! thumbsup

simona smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Between Best Friends

Tracey, I enjoyed the way you portrayed L&C as such good friends. Even though the rest of the story wasn't in canon, I like to think that the first part (the weekly pizza-and-a-movie night) was what really happened off camera in the series.
"Lois, if you go home now, you know what's going to happen? We're going to both spend the rest of the weekend obsessing about this, and then we're going to go into work on Monday, meticulously avoiding each other and the mere mention of tonight. We'll walk on eggshells for the next month and be miserable and barely able to work together, until one day when one of us finally blows up and we hash it out." He took a breath. "And I don't know what you think, but I don't want to go through all that. Do you?"
That was such an insightful comment from Clark after their kissing went too far, and it is so exactly what L&C do. It was nice to see Clark be less internal and more upfront about their relationship. Many times, we've seen him calm Lois down when she is going off on some kind of rant, but he rarely had the nerve to use his skill on their personal relationship. If he had, they might have gotten together much sooner.

I don't know why, but I just love this little exchange:
"But what if I want to go home now?" she challenged him.

"So go home," he mumbled, his eyes still closed. His arm belied his words, however, not budging an inch.

"... I guess I could stay, then."

"So stay," came the short, sweet, sleepy answer.

Sheila Harper

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
All right, slowly but surely, I'm catching up. I did have the advantage of reading most of these stories before everyone else, as I had to allocate them out to trailer and poster artists. smile1

Sara (who will try to be back later with more feedback smile )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
When I donated, I hadn't a clue that I'd be getting a DVD and such a "super" one. I've had time to read a few stories and, Jenni, I loved "Will you Still Love Me..."
Thanks to all of you talented writers and to Annette for getting that DVD to me.
Marge

Columnist
Columnist
I'm in the process of reading Dream a Little Dream and I just have to say, CinderClark's fairy Perry had me laughing so hard! I love how these fairy tales were used to have bearing on Lois' current situation.

And Better to Have Loved...And Lost? was really well written, of course. I tried so hard to figure out how the story would be resolved but the whole Clark/Superman split really threw me. It was brilliant!

That's all I've read so far since I just received my DVD. I'm thrilled to read the rest though! So I'll be back later, I'm sure.

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Breakfast at Callards ... or Not

Pam, there were several lines that I just loved:
She glared at the offending appliance, but it failed to die in a shower of sparks.
LOL! So Lois! And...
"Lois, I'm Super--"

The shrill ring of the phone interrupted him.

Did that count as a confession, or not? No, not really.
The "no, not really" made me grin again.

I noticed that once Lois knew his secret, Clark had no problem immediately telling her that he loved her. Then, with Lois on the case, she immedicately got after the blackmailer by calling Henderson.

Unfortunately, Nigel will still have kidnapped Martha and Jonathan before the police can get Jason, so L&C will still have to save them. Fortunately, in this story's universe, Lois will already be in on the secret and Henderson on the case, so they might be able to get through it without Lois having to be frozen or Clark having to steal the diamonds.

Lots of fun!

Sheila Harper

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
FDK For When You Can't See the Wood by LabRat

Okay, I hadn't planned to quote this much, and I may as well have just done this within the document and sent it off to Labby, but... *scuffs the toe of her shoe on the floor* I already had most of it done within my handy-dandy Boards Feedback Template blush , so it was already coded for the boards. goofy

Just to be on the safe side, even though there's a spoiler warning at the top of this thread, I'm putting a spoiler space before all the quotes. wink

W
H
A
T

D
O
E
S

S
U
C
C
I
N
C
T

M
E
A
N
?

Clark studied her, bewildered by the sudden change, as her expression shifted once more through a bewildering array of emotions in the space of an instant as the rapidity of the thoughts cascading through her brain suddenly caught up with her. Usually, he loved watching that process play across her expressive face and sparkle in the lustre of her eyes, fascinated and enchanted by it in equal measure. Now though, he was too confused to appreciate it as he tried to figure out where she was headed next and cut her off at the pass before she went careering over the horizon before he could catch up.
ROTFL!! I love this!

He turned sharply as she emerged from the bedroom, his anxious gaze searching her for injuries, his eyes scanning the room for villains...
...who didn't appear to be present.
LOL!!

Oh, that was good. Very superhero. Confident. Assured. Authoritative. Not awkward at all. Why did five minutes spent in her presence make him feel like he was back in high school? Why did that smile have him gibbering like a senseless idiot?
Oh, this I love! They're both acting like they're in high school. And Lois would just *die* (and so would Clark <g>) if she knew she made him feel that way!

None of them battered at him, reduced his defences to smoking rubble, had him disorientated and weak at the knees like Lois Lane. And that was just by occupying the same room. She didn't even have to try. He sighed.
Love this, too!

A big mistake. Huge. The sunshine smile abruptly returned, gained a few thousand more mega-watts, and he felt his knees buckle in response. He'd only said, 'hi' he thought in panic. Surely 'hi' was safe! What could he possibly have done that had sparked -
ROTFL!!!

The only thing which stopped him from acting on the lure of that smile, no matter how seriously it buckled his knees, or caused his heart to soar in flight higher than anything even a super-powered hero could reach, was that he knew it wasn't aimed at him.
AWWWWWWWW

To his great surprise, bare seconds after leaving the den of dark temptation, otherwise known as 1058 Carter Avenue, he actually did hear something that sounded like trouble, so he wasn't totally lying.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! He was lying! <g> And "the den of dark temptation" mecry

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, thanks, Sara. I think I had almost as much fun reading through your responses as you apparently did reading the story. laugh I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As for a sequel...well, I have to confess that this was one of those stories where I kind of liked the notion that the reader could make up what happened next all on their own. wink So I don't have any plans in that direction.

And now...I need to start offering up some fdk myself. Looks like I've managed to let the weekend roll past without doing anything on the pc I'd planned to do... :rolleyes:

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
Just read "The kiss off" by Erin and CC: I loved it! smile1
I have particularly liked how this story is so "complete": starting with the basic idea of a game, you gave us a story where there are sadness, loneliness, jealousy, playfulness, passion, love. Great partnership, ladies! thumbsup
You could capture Lois and Clark's feelings of sadness and disconfort with their relationship, but hinting to the very much wished happy ending!
Great! wink

simona smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Dream a Little Dream

Irene, I really liked the way Lois's fairytale dreams fit her relationship with Clark (and Lucy and Lex;)). Her waking thought at the beginning was an interesting one:
How arrogant it had been for him to ask her to marry him without telling her about his alter ego. Arrogance, though, was the last thing she associated with either Clark Kent or Superman. So why had he pulled such a boneheaded move?
Good to see her actually thinking instead of just being POed. Her first dream nearly broke my heart long before the Gingerbread Man fell in the river and melted:
He grinned, adjusted his glasses and ran his hand over his wildly coloured tie. "See! You can't catch me. I'm the Gingerbread Man!"

"But I don't want to catch you."

The grin faded and his shoulders slumped. "You don't want me?"
Awww. mecry Of course, then you turned around and cheered me up with the CinderClark story, where I was giggling at Lady Lucy lusting after a super guy and LOL at Clark's Fairy Perry. Lois's waking moment after the Little Red Riding Hood dream also made me LOL:
Lois awoke with a start, her arms wrapped tenderly around her pillow and the taste of wet cotton in her mouth.
That "tenderly" really got to me.

Fun little story, Irene, and it fit so well between scenes in WHALTTA.

Sheila Harper

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I'm still going through all the great stories. In a technical comment, autoplay didn't work for me in Windows XP, but I got all the files and put them on my HD. The videos work fine. I just right-clicked on the DVD icon to open.
Note: I'm going to post all my brief comments here.
Nan - "Halloween" was great. A very detailed story and a subtle shading of the alt-universe.
David - "An Affair to Remember: Epilogue" was great but too short!!! You need to put all three together so we can get the emotional impact! But I sure liked the ending.
Tank and Wendy - you evil, evil people! Talk about angst! My head hurt from the dancing universes. I really felt Lois' pain when she saw Clark in the casket (that's a phrase I thought I'd never write.)
Tracey - "Between Best Friends" was great! You ought to write more now that you've started again. A sequel would be very nice.
Pam - Loved "Breakfast at Callards...Or Not." Lois' realization was great and Clark adapted to the change in relationship easily.

LabRat - "When You Can't the Woods" ROTFLMAO! As others have said, such turns of phrases! You sculpt your characters with words. Not having any siblings, I'm with Clark in bewilderment at how voluable and antagonistic they can be but still loving. But I fear this cries out for a sequel. We can't leave poor Clark standing there with Lois' dirty coat on his shoulders; we have to enjoy his misery too!

Great job, everyone!!!
hyper clap clap
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Columnist
Columnist
Sheila, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that you liked Dream a Little Dream.

I was really nervous submitting this story as it's been so long since I've written anything so it's nice to get positive feedback.

Thanks again,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Artemis, thanks for the feedback on Halloween. There are so many excellent writers who contributed to the DVD that I was afraid mine wouldn't measure up. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Always great plotting from you Nan. Also check my comment on the Fundraiser Poll thread.
regards
Artemis
P.S. It would be nice to have a sequel in your original universe to see what changes the new enlightened Lois makes.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
George's Big Day Out

Yvonne, until I read this, I'd forgotten how much I liked George. I laughed all the way through; in fact, if I were to quote the funny lines, I'd have to quote at least 80% of the story. So I'll just point out a few favorites:
Francine had eschewed her usual tweed suit and brogues for a stylish linen suit in sage green. Crap, the woman actually had curves, and...he craned forward...legs. Okay, so he'd seen them before, but today they looked so much....leggier.
Uh-oh, George's bachelorhood is becoming unconfirmed. wink
He glared suspiciously at Clark. "You do remember that conversation, don't you? Please tell me you weren't planning the honeymoon in your head while I was giving you the benefits of my considerable expertise in this area."
LOL! I could just picture that: Clark nodding and all the while thinking about himself and Lois on the beach, leaned against a palm tree, etc.
But that was back when I wasn't nervous. And this..." He held up the ring again. "is important. I might fumble it; might even drop it. You know Lois would never let me forget it if I did. In fact, she'd dine out on the story for years. It would become one of those family legend things."
Right, Clark. I believe you. wink
He shot a glance around the room. "Although, since we're here - now I get why there's always such a long queue for these places. Two lousy stalls for a place this size?"

She grimaced. "Welcome to our world, George."
No joke. I really like George's observations on things, but the section when L&C tried to give him to each other just slayed me. I won't quote the whole thing, but I was rotflol

Too fun!

Sheila Harper

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard