Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#296949 07/14/23 08:40 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
My entry to Ficlet Friday this fourteenth day of July! Enjoy!

Feedback would be appreciated especially since SuperBek worked so hard on fixing the ending for me! Okay, I worked hard to, but she saved it.

Driving The Course

Features Writer
Features Writer
So sweet.

This made me remember that episode where Clark gets some pointers at golf by a guy at the golf course. Clark was having real difficulty and it was all in technique. It makes sense that strength can't make you great at everything. Glad Lois is there to remind him he doesn't need to be either.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for a lovely, sweet fic! I enjoyed it a lot. It has to be frustrating to Clark that he’s not great at golf but thankfully Lois was there to make him realize that he doesn’t have to be great at all sports. Hopefully Clark’s bid wins. Time alone with Lois is the best prize.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor Clark. It's interesting to see him so frustrated, when usually nothing seems to faze him. Thanks for sharing this tale.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Awwww poor Clark!! You did great showing his frustration throughout the game as he tried but failed to figure out how to dial his strength in just right! If they don’t win that trip, I’m sure Superman can find them a deserted island somewhere for some alone time. wink

Thanks for a little does of waffy for my morning!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Blueowl
So sweet.

This made me remember that episode where Clark gets some pointers at golf by a guy at the golf course. Clark was having real difficulty and it was all in technique. It makes sense that strength can't make you great at everything. Glad Lois is there to remind him he doesn't need to be either.

Actually, on that episode the man helping Clark is a PGA golfer, Phil Mickelson, who happens to be my hubby's favorite golfer. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Songbird
Thanks for a lovely, sweet fic! I enjoyed it a lot. It has to be frustrating to Clark that he’s not great at golf but thankfully Lois was there to make him realize that he doesn’t have to be great at all sports. Hopefully Clark’s bid wins. Time alone with Lois is the best prize.

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, Lois is always there to remind him.

Originally Posted by bakasi
Poor Clark. It's interesting to see him so frustrated, when usually nothing seems to faze him. Thanks for sharing this tale.

There has been some things that faze him, just usually not sports. Thank you for the feedback.

Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Awwww poor Clark!! You did great showing his frustration throughout the game as he tried but failed to figure out how to dial his strength in just right! If they don’t win that trip, I’m sure Superman can find them a deserted island somewhere for some alone time. wink

Thanks for a little does of waffy for my morning!!

Sara smile

Yes, but would they think of going to Canada. You are welcome for the waffy in the morning. Thank you for feedback.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Carrie Rene!
A charity golf tournament shows how different Lois & Clark are when one doesn’t know a game very well. Takes place after Season 4.
Which golf pro Lois vs noobie Clark.

He would much rather have gone to the lake with his wife
Nice, private beach, clothing optional?

Instead the new owner of the Daily Planet, Regina Stern,
Franklin Stern has retired, and his daughter took over?

Regina had recently taken over running the Daily Planet for her grandfather, Franklin Stern,
laugh

Clark stood in the tee box for the fourth hole, gripping his golf club anxiously while trying to figure out the distance to the green
CLARK: Perry said, if I can still see it clearly, I’m about 50ft away from the hole…

but he’d continued to fail, hitting the ball too hard or not hard enough or too far to the left or too much to the right.
Poor guy. Let’s hope nobody ever invites Superman to a tourney.

the two of us…going to a conference in Canada,
Ooooh, a repeat of the Canada conference fic that got their relationship started?

Sure, it wasn’t a hole in one, but if they won the bid, he’d be getting the biggest prize of all — time alone with his wife.

The End
Awwww....

Sweet little vignette smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard