Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Chapter is Here

FDK goes here.

I don't know when the next part will be ready. I thought I had more buffer. But there is outline, and my beta has been really good at chasing me with a stick, so hopefully the next bit's ready before too long!

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hey, get that stick ready!

I loved it when Lois started ranting at Clark while she was sitting with Michel. And Michel's 'Help, Superman!' was brilliant.

And this from Michel:

"Please pardon my English. I am sorry, but I wish you had instead told me that he had fallen from the plane!"

This may take a hard turn into a real dramatic sequence. I can't help but think that the Bureau 39 guys doesn't realize that there are two Kryptonians on Earth, not just one. Clark and Michel have a definite advantage.

I wonder when Lois will realize that neither man answered her question about how they found each other...

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Terry! ^_^

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

”So. A twin brother, huh?” Perry’s eyes also flicked to the door.
Twin brother. Clone. Same vat.

Clark stilled. “Like me?” he echoed. “Uh…what…um, what do you mean?”
Good with words. Bad with the ladies.
MICHEL: Mon dieu! I am having to say that I am always, how do you say offensé …ah yes…potent with les Mesdemoiselles!

and we have different interests,
Clark’s interested in Lois, Michel is interested in Suzanne.

I think we have more in common than not.
Both like their women feisty.

He just…needs more help coming out of his shell, I guess.”
Actually, Michel is much further along in his pursuit of Suzanne than Clark is with Lois.

Alphonso’s was…well, it certainly *was*. The loud and aggressively friendly staff constantly shouted to each other in a mix of English, Italian, and some strange patois that wasn’t truly either. The smell of garlic filled every inch of the garish dining area, reeking even stronger from the kitchen
Aaaah, the French stereotype emerges.
MICHEL: This is food services we are talking about. This has nothing to do with stereotype.

Teresa would have gagged.
Wait. Wasn’t he dating Suzanne? Am I mixing up fics?

He always seems to have some kind of hidden knowledge of the best take-out places in Metropolis, but for once, I was able to show *him* something mind-blowing.”
MICHEL: Mon dieu!

”I mean we are still partners, after all! The deceitful lying fink only made me *think* he was betraying me for a bimbo who used to be my best friend
laugh

glaring at him while reaching for another garlicky victim.
The great bread slaughter of '94!

”and it’s not like trusting someone has always been easy for me, you know?! We even talked about it!”
Angry Lois is so much fun!
Clark: help

”You can’t just go behind my back like that, even if it *was* Perry’s idea!
Umm…Lois?

Her eyes popped open. “Oh…oh my—I’m sorry, Michel! I guess I just…forgot who I was with, for a second.”
Boy, is she gonna have a hard time coming when alt-Clark visits.

’Yeah,’ Clark’s mental voice replied in his head. ‘I was trying to reach you, and…well, I guess I wound up listening in. I swear, I never meant to hurt her that badly...'

“Here I am yelling at Clark, and he’s not even here,” Miss Lane mumbled sheepishly, staring down at the remains of her bread.
laugh I wonder if she can sense the bond via relay, too.

Miss Lane rallied and rattled off her order; then he turned to Michel.

“Just an apology, please.”
Oops?

”IWillHaveTheSameAsHer, ThankYou!” Michel blurted out.
laugh
/Pretends he got less than stellar command of English and said ‘I’ll have her food, thank you.’

A chill ran up Michel’s spine. Had he actually—?
Two blocks over, Jimmy is rushing to the phone, trying to get an ambulance to show up while Perry puts the ripped-out heart of his male lead reporter in the freezer to keep it fresh.

. “So, how did you find each other?”
losttwin.com

. ‘Help, Superman!’

‘What on Earth—?’ came the confused reply.

‘Your woman is asking me things! How do I make her stop?!’
rotflol
CLARK: confused Why would he try to make her stop?

’Um, you can’t,’ Clark explained in his head. ‘Just…stall. I’ll be right over.’
laugh

”That lost-in-space look,” she said, waving vaguely at him. “Clark does it a lot. Usually it means he just remembered an errand that suddenly can’t wait.”
No, with Michel it means Clark is gonna show up soon.

”Ah!” Michel seized on the explanation. “That is exactly it; I just realized I must return my books to the library!”
shock
Michel: Not returning property is considered theft. Theft is a crime. Criminals lose their visa.

”Still, it’s kind of funny that you both forget stuff like that,” she said, chuckling.
Hereditary brain defect.

”And I should have known better than to put the story ahead of your feelings,” Clark continued.
LOIS: Yes, you should have. It's what good male partners do.

Since you’re here, I was trying to find out how the two of you found each other.”

Clark’s expression as he looked at Michel was unreadable, but the sudden flash of sympathy through Michel’s brain was perfectly clear. “Oh? So you’re already done filling him in on the Boucher case?"
Sneaky!

Clark grimaced. “—Bureau 39.”

Michel spent a few moments in the less savory section of his native tongue, until Clark’s ears began to turn pink. Both reporters were staring at him when he finished.

“That actually sounded pretty,” Miss Lane commented.

“It wasn’t,” Clark mumbled.
laugh

”I think I recognized the word for kiss?”

“You didn’t,” said Clark.
Actually… embrasse mon cul?

. “Please pardon my English.
lol

Queeny! That was a loooong party hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi, Darth! wave

Re: Pardoning Michel's "English"
So, researching French idioms and turns of phrase has been very fun. Apparently the rivalry between England and France runs so deep that it even affects the languages: "Pardon my French"/"Pardon my English" for swearing, "French letter"/"English letter" as a euphemism for a contraceptive, etc.

Also, there is apparently a French word that *used* to be ye olden worde for "kiss", but started side-jobbing as a euphemism and ultimately changed careers.

There are also a lot of cows in the language for some reason, though I haven't managed to bring that up yet. laugh

ETA:
Wait. Wasn’t he dating Suzanne? Am I mixing up fics?
I should have gotten the hint when my Beta didn't remember who she was either. >_<

Teresa De Luca: Italian Cat Grant, mentioned exactly twice. I should probably rectify this somehow.

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 05/02/23 01:26 PM.

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I should have gotten the hint when my Beta didn't remember who she was either. >_<

Teresa De Luca: Italian Cat Grant, mentioned exactly twice. I should probably rectify this somehow.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
I absolutely adore this part because… so many funnies!! But also, I feel so bad for Michel! lol

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard