The alarm clock blared on Lois's nightstand. Monday again. She switched off the annoying contraption and set about starting her day.

Her wardrobe contained nothing inspiring. Maybe she'd go shopping, just to have something new to wear for a while. For now, she selected a sweater and some comfortable jeans.

A sudden knock at the door made her smile. "Be right there, Clark!" She tugged the sweater into place and went to unfasten the locks.

Clark stood smiling at her, a brown bag in his hand. "Brought you something this time."

"It's not another croissant, is it?" she teased.

"Nope!" He unbagged the item with flourish. "It's a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich!"

Lois stared at the item, then at him, then burst out laughing. "Well, that's definitely new," she conceded. She took the sandwich in one hand and slipped the other into his, kicking the door shut as they left the apartment.

"So, what should we do today?" Clark asked. "Work?"

Lois shook her head, swallowing a bite of the sandwich. "Nah. I don't think I'm up for another meeting."

"We could prank Jimmy?" Clark suggested.

Another head-shake. "We should give him a break."

"Prank Cat?"

Lois mulled that over while chewing her sandwich. "Her reaction to finding out we're together is pretty hilarious," she conceded. "But…no. I don't think I want to mess with her either."

He stopped walking and scooped her up into his arms. "So, where do you want to go?"

They flew over the British isles, and Clark pointed out the massive chalk figures of horses and men cut into the very hills below them. They landed in France and looked at a few of the paintings in the Louvre. They ducked into Italy for a star-lit lunch.

As they passed over Sweden, Clark suddenly paused in mid-air and tilted his head.

"What is it?" Lois asked.

He met her eyes again. "There's another laboratory down there. Do you think we should…?"

She pulled him closer and kissed him. "Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" He gave her a wry grin.

"You know what I mean." She snuggled against him. "For now, let's just enjoy what's left of the day. Maybe we can stop by your parents' for dinner?"

"Pork chops and mashed potatoes," Clark said, resuming their flight. "Although, I could still call them and ask them to make something else?"

Lois shook her head. "No, let's surprise them. I love surprising them."

Martha was over the moon when her son landed behind the farmhouse with Lois in his arms. Jonathan was a bit more reserved, of course, but still made Lois feel welcome. At dinner, the older couple watched them together, occasionally exchanging glances of their own.

"So, how long have you two been an item?" asked Martha.

Clark grinned at Lois. "Oh, only about a day."

Lois met his grin and covered his hand with her own. "Of course, it feels like it's already been years."

They curled up together on Clark's couch, watching a rented movie. He looked up at the clock. "Almost that time, again."

"Already?" At his nod, she sighed. "I hate this part."

He held her closer. "I know."

"Do we have time to…?" She jerked her head towards his bedroom.

Clark grimaced. "Not if you want to enjoy it."

"That late, huh?" Another nod, another sigh. "Stupid movie."

He shrugged. "Well, there's always tomorrow."

Her smile was brief. "Tomorrow?"

"You know what I mean."

Their lips met. She deepened the kiss, and for a brief moment lost all sense of time.

The alarm clock blared on Lois's nightstand. Monday again.

~•~