OP Offline
Features Writer
That Forgotten Journal

Hope you have a great weekend Carrie! Sending hugs from the other coast twins

Comments go here smile1

-Bek

Columnist
Columnist
Thank you so much. The family I created and my pocket friends are my superpower. I needed that after this crazy week. It was so sweet. Funny thing is I have journals still that I wrote from the age of 15-21. From the bottom of my heart thank you. And this was fantastic.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
*melts* I love this! Thanks for making me smile and to feel happy! I needed this today. When I’m feeling stressed and overwhelmed at work, I’m going to think of the beautiful ending!

Yes, you. You’re my favorite superpower. You’re my hope. My refuge. My comfort. My strength—my real strength. Without you, I wouldn’t be half the hero everyone says I am. So…you’re my favorite superpower.”

And just like that, he surprises me again.

*melts some more* Thanks again!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This is so sweet. I love the story. Especially the lines about his favorite superpower. So adorable!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
Awwww love
That was SOOOO sweet. I adore the little window showing how Superman was essentially created. ^_^ Especially with the kitten :3

And the bit about having to control his strength ALL the time.... man.

Also, I have to mention this, I'm happy Clark actually used his powers to save his parents from the tornado (*cough* unlike another version -_-).

Anyway, really enjoyed this. laugh

Last edited by Blueowl; 01/28/23 08:59 AM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww, beautiful! <3

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I started to develop my powers that same year, when I was ten. My vision and hearing came first. I spent a lot of time in my room…scared, trying to figure out who I was and what was happening to me. And trying to learn to control everything,” he explains. As I press a kiss against his cheek, he adds, “Little Finn, he was there for me when I just really needed a friend. He also purred really loudly. Came in handy when I was trying to learn how to focus my hearing.”

Let's hear it for Finn!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So glad everyone loved this story smile1 It was fun to write, and I totally attribute the amazing ending to KSaraSara, whose genius came up with the idea and then helped me polish it! notworthy

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Thank you so much. The family I created and my pocket friends are my superpower. I needed that after this crazy week. It was so sweet. Funny thing is I have journals still that I wrote from the age of 15-21. From the bottom of my heart thank you. And this was fantastic.

love Hope this week will be better for you -- a little less hectic, a little less stressful! And thank you for the friendship of the last three months! Glad you enjoyed this little story smile

Originally Posted by Songbird
*melts* I love this! Thanks for making me smile and to feel happy! I needed this today. When I’m feeling stressed and overwhelmed at work, I’m going to think of the beautiful ending!

Yes, you. You’re my favorite superpower. You’re my hope. My refuge. My comfort. My strength—my real strength. Without you, I wouldn’t be half the hero everyone says I am. So…you’re my favorite superpower.”

And just like that, he surprises me again.

*melts some more* Thanks again!

These lines were ALL KSaraSara! (I wish I could take credit, because, well -- it's brilliant!) And sooooo...just...LOVE!

Thank you for your feedback and thank you for reading!!

Originally Posted by bakasi
This is so sweet. I love the story. Especially the lines about his favorite superpower. So adorable!

smile1 Thank you!!

Originally Posted by Blueowl
Awwww love
That was SOOOO sweet. I adore the little window showing how Superman was essentially created. ^_^ Especially with the kitten :3

And the bit about having to control his strength ALL the time.... man.

Also, I have to mention this, I'm happy Clark actually used his powers to save his parents from the tornado (*cough* unlike another version -_-).

Anyway, really enjoyed this. laugh

I might have to be careful not to overuse little Finn the orange kitten now... But he's so darned cute...

I imagine although it may be relatively easy for Clark to control his strength, in my mind, I still see it as a conscious effort he must make all the time -- something he has to think about all the time.

And yes, I thought there was good reason to throw a tornado save (*cough* fix) in there... Don't need anyone dying when he could have saved them. Especially his parents. Sheesh...! grumble

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Awwww, beautiful! <3

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Morgana
“I started to develop my powers that same year, when I was ten. My vision and hearing came first. I spent a lot of time in my room…scared, trying to figure out who I was and what was happening to me. And trying to learn to control everything,” he explains. As I press a kiss against his cheek, he adds, “Little Finn, he was there for me when I just really needed a friend. He also purred really loudly. Came in handy when I was trying to learn how to focus my hearing.”

Let's hear it for Finn!

dance

Thank you again for reading, everyone!

Love this community and all the encouragement and support!

-Bek
hyper

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bek!
the length is just a bit longer than a ficlet… I’ve been assured there will be no objections to that
laugh

And how he’d been secretly warming up my coffee for years before he’d told me.
I wonder if Lois noticed and wondered about that during year-one, when he left for the Star and then when she left to work at LNN.
LOIS: *That’s* what that was? I thought I just missed the warmth he brought to the office. I mean Perry. And I didn’t miss him when he was off with Linda.

And then I’d gotten curious. A box marked “High School Stuff” will do that.

Or ‘do not touch’. Or 'emergency chocolate’. Or 'tax records’. And not to forget, ‘Lana’.

, I know I certainly wouldn’t like him reading what I wrote in my journal when I was in high school
“Lois <name of quarterback> heart heart”?

And if I had to give it a title, it would probably be “How I Became Superman.”
They could turn it into a scripted series?

horrified after having been involved in an incident at school that left another student with several broken fingers when he’d failed to dodge a punch quick enough.
So, not a weak chin, then.

The long hours he’d spent practicing to control his powers.
And then he spent another 12 months and 11 days practicing to not use his x-ray vision while looking at Lois.

and then making his way toward me while eying the cookies with interest.
Awww, they’re in the ‘food more interesting than wife’ stage!

his tongue darting into my mouth. I taste a hint of chocolate as warmth spreads all the way down into my toes
Awwww... his wife’s new favorite way of teasing chocolate.

And my invulnerability…well, you probably read about how that can backfire.”
Pie Isn’t All That Easy by IolantheAlias does thouch that subject in a very creative way.

So…you’re my favorite superpower.” And just like that, he surprises me again. The End.
awwwwww

I believe I already said ‘awwwww’, so I’ll leave with that smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
And if I had to give it a title, it would probably be “How I Became Superman.”
They could turn it into a scripted series?

Could have been good... Could have been! peep

The long hours he’d spent practicing to control his powers.
And then he spent another 12 months and 11 days practicing to not use his x-ray vision while looking at Lois.

rotflol

and then making his way toward me while eying the cookies with interest.
Awww, they’re in the ‘food more interesting than wife’ stage!

Only homemade chocolate chip cookies... lol

So…you’re my favorite superpower.” And just like that, he surprises me again. The End.
awwwwww

I have KSaraSara to thank for that line! grin

Thanks for the fdk, as always!! smile1

-Bek
hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard