Kingdom Come Chp.2

New Characters (to be seen more in later chapters)
Theodore= Jamal's cousin and Jordan's advisor
Katrina= Theodore's wife and Scotland Castle's head cook
Arthur Williams= Retired General

Jonah was in pure shock. He barely was able to sound out his reply.

"B.b.betrayed? Someone one has betrayed my only brother? The greatest King of Scotland in at least five hundred years?"

Jamal gulped. He could see the anger in Jonah eyes. He could understand his feelings but he had never known Jonah to a hateful person. Losing his brother must be truly hurt for him. Jordan has been the only person left he had been blood related to except for Calvin. Jonah had a hard time learning to trust again after the accident.

"Yes, Jonah. We have no idea who it was. The only person that was around Jordan and Laura for a period of days was me, Calvin, and Theodore."

"I know it was not you or Theodore. Your and Theodore's family has been trusted along mine for generations."

Jamal nodded. "This is true. I do know it was not me. Theodore wouldn't have betrayed you either. We all grew up together. What are you going to do about Calvin? Are you going to raise him as your brother wished?"

"Of course I will. In honor of my brother and Laura, Calvin will be the next King of England." The baby happily cooed. Jonah smiled at him. "Ah, I see you approve of the idea, Cal? Just like your father you are."

Jamal was shocked at Jonah's answer. "Jonah, wouldn't you normally give the throne to your first born son?"

Jonah shared a look with Mary. He looked to her and she nodded indicating he should tell them why. Jonah cleared his throat.

"There is another reason why Calvin should be given the throne. Mary and I have not told anybody this but we have discovered we are unable to have children together." Jamal, Nicholas, and Percy were shocked. Jamal started to interrupt but Jonah stopped him.

"Jamal, let me finish, please?" Jamal nodded. "Thank you, now normally if the King and Queen of a country are unable to have children the oldest child of the ruling King or Queen's sibling would take the throne. You all already know about Lenox. Well, he and Lena's offspring would rule except they have been exiled. So that only would leave Jordan and Laura. We made a deal, that is Mary and I. Jordan and Laura wanted England to be in good hands for the next generation. So they were going to let us give the crown to their next child when they turned 21 years of age. That plan has back fired. Since Calvin his has had his birthright stolen from him he will be given another one. As of today Prince Calvin is no longer a Prince of Scotland. Calvin is now a Prince of England and England's future king when we decide that he is ready. He is now to be known no longer as our nephew but our adopted son."

Everyone in the hall was speechless. Mary looked at her father's shocked expression. She moved over to him.

"Father, I know this is a lot to take in but please say something."

A slow smile appeared on Nicholas's old worn out face. "I have a grandson."

"Oh father!" Mary hugged him.

"Mary, I couldn't be more proud of you and Jonah if I tried."

Percy interrupted. "I'm sorry to interrupt everything your highnesses but, there is a matter we must attend to. We must relinquish control of Scotland from Lenox." Percy was visibly concerned about this Jonah could tell.

"Percy, I am eager as anyone to get back Scotland. You know as well as I that this is impossible. Parliament’s No arms Act is in affect for the next several years. They want to limit the power of the monarchy as much as possible."

Percy took a deep breath tears were started to from in his eyes. "Excuse me, sir, I'm sorry. This is all a shock for me."

"It's okay to cry, Percy. We all loved them. You obviously cared a lot about Jordan and Laura." Percy nodded. Jonah smiled at him. Mary could tell what Jonah was going to say next. She decided to say it for him.

"That is why Jonah and I are promoting you general of the English army. General Arthur Williams has just retired and we need a new one. We recommended you to parliament and they approved." Percy looked up shocked.

"Really? Thank you, thank you so much."

"Thank yours are not necessarily, Percy. You deserve the honor" said Mary. Percy smiled and left the room.

Jonah turned around and looked at Jamal. "Jamal, did Theodore survive?"

Jamal sadly answered. "I don't know, sir."

Just than a tall, brown haired, bearded man entered the room with an even taller red haired woman by his side. He pulled out a chair for himself. The woman sat herself on his lap. With a loud, obnoxious voice he said something.

"Anybody, miss me?"

Jamal was stunned "Theodore? Katrina?"

"Yes, it's us" the man answered.

"How did you escape?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Yes, that's why I asked."

Theodore and Katrina laughed. "Always the riot, little cousin."

Nicholas had never met Theodore before and did not like his rude behavior. He stood up to address him.

"Theodore is it? I don't know what you think your doing but you better show some manners."

"Manners? Come on pops, get real. Now I'm leaving this boring hall to go find my room." He grabbed Katrina's hand and exited the hall. "Later, amigos."

Nicholas was so stunned he fell back in his chair.

TO BE CONTINUED

Oxiate