Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2948 06/11/03 06:19 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
This part is dedicated to all the readers who thought Lois was being left out. laugh

Read quickly. I can just imagine the comments after this one! peep

#2949 06/11/03 07:06 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow! Nice reunion. Jonathan has rarely been shown to be emotional, with the exception of the time he thought Martha was having an affair, but here he showed the compassion and support we'd always known he had in him. Martha seemed a bit more subdued than I expected, but that can easily be explained by a level of discomfort in not having seen her son in 10 years.

As for Lois, she's finally about to get her turn. Thanks for these parts:
Besides, she was pretty certain there would be time for Clark and her to renew their relationship later... she just hoped it wouldn't take too long. The restraint was killing her!
It was killing some of us, too! wink
His head snapped up when Lois entered the room. His heart flipped as their eyes met and she smiled brightly, sending a rush of excitement through his body.

<<Damn! She is still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.>>

He let his lips spread slowly, the grin reaching out to add a little twinkle to his eyes. Lois offered him a wink before she disappeared back into the kitchen, causing Clark to almost have to reach out and grasp a chair to keep from falling down. Lois was flirting with him and… he liked it.

<<Correction. I love it!>>
"What would you say if I told you I wanted to come all the way home?"

<<Where did that come from?!>>

"I'd say…" Lois swallowed, her mouth suddenly very dry. "Welcome home." This time it was she who stepped toward him, putting them just inches apart.

Clark's hands moved to her face, gentle thumbs caressing her cheeks. Her hands lifted to grasp his waist, her whole body trembling in anticipation. He was going to kiss her… she hoped. And every fiber in her body was screaming in excitement.

"I haven't felt emotions like these in years," Clark whispered.

She could feel his soft breath on her face and it only served to further inflame her roaring desire for this man. "Clark," she breathed, unable to stop her heart from racing in her chest.

He should stop. He shouldn't be doing this. He was such a mess. How could he possibly offer her any kind of life? How could he stop what he was feeling either?

He leaned forward and gently touched her lips with his own. When he pulled away to look at her, she closed the distance and crushed her lips to his. The flame was stoked and Clark wrapped his arms around her and gave as good as he got. The world faded for the two lovers. They were both coming home again and it felt wonderful.

Clark groaned when Lois shoved her tongue into his mouth. Reluctantly he became aware that they had an audience and broke the kiss to hug her.

"If we keep this up, there won't be a talk tonight," he whispered in her ear. He was shocked to realize where his thoughts had drifted. Is *that* what he wanted? Was it what she wanted?

"Talking is overrated."

It seemed that maybe she did want the same things he did. Clark held her just a little tighter as he laughed, his hands rubbing up and down her back. "God, lady, I missed you so much."
Finally some WAFFs after all the WHAMs dance
"Would you like to stay with him tonight? Or you could take him with you?"

Clark looked over at Lois, his hand coming up to hold her face. He'd been fighting the demons in his head long enough… ten long years. And he'd been alone long enough. "What if I said I want to stay… with you?"
In the immortal words of Jimmy Olsen, "Way to go, CK!" sloppy

Dan is shown here to be a very good guy. Being rivals in the TV show, they despised each other. Reconciled to Lois being only a friend, Dan's opened himself up to being Clark's friend. I like this Dan.

Question: Since almost all of Clark's talk takes place "offscreen" does Dan know Clark was Superman? I'd imagine Clark would have to explain why he had no powers for nine years or else Lois and the Kents would have trouble understanding. I suppose they could have guessed, but I figure he'd have to tell them about the kryptonite in front of Dan. Does everyone know that Clark only recently regained most of his powers? Also, did Clark tell him how Travis Devon found him and made him his son?

Some more questions that I just thought of: if it's so easy for Clark, the financial novice, to take down LexCorp, why did Travis Devon need him? Why couldn't the richest man in the world take out Luthor by himself sometime in the last ten years? Though it's not an important part of the story, do you plan on telling us exactly what Lex did to Travis to make them hate each other so much, assuming you've filled that in yourself in your own mind?

"Hostile take-over of LexCorp. I've been taking over or shutting down his businesses one by one. I wanted enough picked away so he couldn't fight the take-over." He saw the look in Lois' eyes. "Don't say it. I know what I was doing wasn't very healthy, but I had to do something."

"I wasn't going to say a word." She reached out to rub his arm. "Clark, we can sit here and tell you all day that we know what happened and that we understand, but we'd be wrong. We can't ever know. You have to find your way. Besides, taking his assets isn't so bad."
I think Lois would be approving of this. There's nothing wrong or illegal with taking down Lex financially. If anything, it's a very legal way to show Lex that he'd been beaten in his arena. That would hurt Lex more than killing him or putting him in jail. I guess she didn't expect a Clark Kent to ever indulge in revenge, no matter how moral.

This was a great part! Finally, Clark seems to be on a path of healing, he and Lois seem prepared to try being together again, and he's bonding quickly with his son. Now take down Luthor and give us some more WAFFs!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#2950 06/11/03 07:33 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL. I'd be copying the same parts that Roger did, so I'll amend and just say oooooooh. Let him stay the night Lois. /me jumps up and down frantically Let him stay! Great part. Yeah, I was wondering too if Dan knew about CK=S.

This part is dedicated to all the readers who thought Lois was being left out.
/me dances
YAY! Lots of Lois and family stuff. And Dan. grumble But I guess he's oookayy...

"What if I said I want to stay… with you?"
You can't leave me hanging there!!! wildguy
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#2951 06/11/03 08:11 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ditto others.

Clark jr. behaves here more like a normal child would, he was too unselfish:

"Well, I had to ask if you were glad I'm yours and you haven't told me that you love me." The child couldn't hide his bruised feelings at his father's lack of communication. He knew it was a little selfish of him to feel this way. After all, his dad had been through a lot. But he still felt incredibly hurt over the situation and felt he should voice his opinion.
I am not certain if it is best to Lois and Clark to go bed straightaway, after ten years Clark may be - well, let us see.

Gabriele
#2952 06/11/03 09:59 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This old man sure is glad to see you, son
And the floodgates opened hyper Hooray!!

LOVE it SQD!!!!!!!! *sigh* smile

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#2953 06/11/03 10:19 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Say YES!!! say YES!!! Lois

Wow.. that was so good... Love it...

Meni wave

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
#2954 06/11/03 10:31 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
this was an excellent part -

ahh - such WAFFs smile

more soon please!

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
#2955 06/11/03 10:47 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Wow! Beautiful. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#2956 06/11/03 01:30 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I sat here reading with tears rolling down my face, when he saw Jonathan, when he saw Martha, When his son asked if he loved him. When he kisssed Lois. Wow you got me in an emotional mess ! LOl great job. I loved it all and I am looking forward to their reunion.Any nfic in the next section? Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#2957 06/11/03 07:59 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Why do you hide, SQD? This was fantastic! thumbsup

Post part 13 soon,

May the Muse be with you,

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#2958 06/11/03 11:53 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
SQD

A fantastic part! goofy

Tricia cool

#2959 06/12/03 01:51 AM
Blogger
Blogger
My oh my!!! WOW! eek I'm speechless! hyper wave

#2960 06/12/03 02:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SQD!!!!

Quit hiding behind your wall, these parts are awesome! (yep, I had to catch up with part 11 <g>).

I so like your Dan so un-Scardino in acting, nicely done! And it's also great to know he's a part of the team...okay!! it's nice to see someone's investigating on Luthor while Lois and Clark sort out their feelings and get back with each other.

And the Clark & Kents family reunion...I'm running out of handkerchiefs smile1 smile1 smile1

Carole

#2961 06/12/03 10:13 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Stopquitdont,
wonderful waffy emotional
more soon please
merry

#2962 06/12/03 05:57 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
And every fiber in her body was screaming in excitement.
This is how I felt all the way through reading this section. And yes, I was able to release a major sigh of relief at this wonderful waffy moment... [Linked Image]
He leaned forward and gently touched her lips with his own. When he pulled away to look at her, she closed the distance and crushed her lips to his. The flame was stoked and Clark wrapped his arms around her and gave as good as he got. The world faded for the two lovers. They were both coming home again and it felt wonderful.
and believe me, I am not complaining, but, well, I'll get to my little problem later.

Wow. This was a fantastic section. Wonderful emotions from M&J, although I agree with Roger that Martha was a little more subdued than I would have expected. And Clark is just whipping right along that road to recovery very nicely at super speed. I'm very pleased. When that boy decides to stop being a lunkhead, he stops... thumbsup

And I find that Roger writes really terrific feedback. He thinks of a lot of the same questions that I think of. In fact, he thinks of a lot of questions that I never would have thought of. From now on, maybe I should just say "ditto Roger" and let everyone think that I'm brilliant too... cool

But not yet...'cause I have to say something about this Dan. I have nothing against this Dan, in fact, I guess I could even like him, but...

But I don't think that he should have stayed to hear Clark's story. Yes, he needed to know some (maybe even a lot) of these details in order to help bring down Luthor, but this was a very intense experience for Clark to share the horrors of the last 10 years with his family, and I don't think that it should have been just taken for granted that Dan would have been included just because he had arrived unexpectedly.

All right, now as for the small problem that I alluded to earlier.

After this incredibly suggestive and tender paragraph,
Clark looked over at Lois, his hand coming up to hold her face. He'd been fighting the demons in his head long enough...ten long years. And he'd been alone long enough. "What if I said I want to stay...with you?"
...the section ends. So where is more? confused Why hasn't it been posted yet? And is something going to go wrong? I certainly hope not - there aren't many parts left.

KathyM wildguy wildguy wildguy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#2963 06/12/03 06:51 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the praise, Kathy. Wow. blush

You also gave me an evil idea for a Tank ending. Since Dan is a stranger, fated in the normal universe to hating Clark Kent and desiring Lois for himself, what if Dan is in reality a double agent working on the inside for Luthor? Maybe Lois turning him down years ago turned him to the dark side. wink He's now privy to everything behind the scenes at Port Royal. How else can Luthor avoid a Lois Lane investigation for ten years?

Dan can tell Luthor that Clark Kent has returned as Conner Devon. Luthor can move in with kryptonite and destroy him, while at the same time taking over a now in disarray Devon Enterprises (or whatever it's called) becoming by far the richest man in the world. And with the Kents disposed of, Scardino and Luthor kidnap Lois and make her their love slave (heck, every other villain on the series wanted to do this) and raise Clark Jr. as Lex's son. evil

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#2964 06/13/03 05:02 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Roger wrote:
Thanks for the praise, Kathy. Wow.
Hey, you deserved it. I was certainly hanging my head in shame when I read your post when you asked if Dan knew if Clark was Superman. And Jen said that she was wondering that, probably lots of others picked up on that too. I sure didn't... [Linked Image]

I was also thinking of how succinctly you phrased your post in "Tea Totaled" about the unsettled feeling to Clark and his inebriation. It summed up everything I was feeling so neatly, much better than I would have done if I had rambled on in a Lois-like babble. I think I said "ditto Roger" there too. smile

And now you've come up with a wonderfully evil Tank ending. Ooh, I'm glad that SQD or Tank didn't come up with it first; at least this way you've cut them off at the pass... That's more like the Dan we all love to dislike. I especially loved this part,
Scardino and Luthor kidnap Lois and make her their love slave (heck, every other villain on the series wanted to do this)
Wasn't that the truth? Poor Lois...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#2965 06/13/03 10:11 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Roger, KathyM, you guys are too much! thumbsup

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard