Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Story is here.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, lots of close calls!
I really enjoyed this and loved how Lois took care of him. Her comment to him about having nothing on Superman... smile1

Will there be a part 2, showing what happens the next morning? wink

I do wonder how things would have gone if Lois came up before he was able to put the kryptonite back though.....

Thanks for sharing ^_^

Top Banana
Top Banana
I really liked this one. The multiple accidental Kryptonite exposures because Lois does not know that he is Superman. In my mind, I imagined it as slapstick comedy as I read it.

Clark needs to let her in on the secret before she accidentally kills him.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh my gosh, poor Clark!!! thud

One thing after another after another! I have to admit that I gasped when he fell down the stairs! He's lucky all he did was hurt his ankle! eek

Love how Lois took care of him and then accidentally gave him the nighttime medicine lol

And gosh, multiple kryptonite exposures! Is Lois TRYING to kill him?!?! rotflol

Glad he was okay after sleeping it off a bit, and agree that it would be great to see a sequel of the morning after! smile1

Thank you for sharing!!

-Bek

hyper

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was great, just what I had been hoping for. Poor Clark, multiple Kryptonite exposures. I thought Lois would notice something during that last one.

Well done. Thank you very much for a wonderful fic.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ah, so delightful and sweet!! clap

~•~
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for a terrific fic! Poor Clark! It’s bad enough that his actions caused him to be exposed to kryptonite but then Lois unknowingly exposed him too. I hope you’re going to write a morning after sequel! I would love to read more! Thank you!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Toomi8!

What a hysterical series of mishaps and near disasters! Honestly I thought he was going to make a clean escape, but he sprained his ankle on her stairs. Clark is not used to being in such pain, he probably thought it was another round of kryptonite. The confession about not going on the cruise was classic Lois and then after dinner she gave him not one, but two doses of sleep meds. I was laughing so hard my sides started to hurt. Glad he went to sleep, who knows what other huge mishaps were going to take place! jump

MikeM is right. This was totally a slapstick comedy and yeah, Clark better come clean in the morning or she's going to hang him out to dry. Cool way to get the year off to a fabulous beginning! thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Oh that was awesome, Toomi!!! lol smile1

Well done!! clap

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely! My favourite parts were the descriptions of the unknown sensations for Clark - the spiciness of the curry, the pain from the hurt ankle, the frozen peas! Well done!

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Toomi!
Anyone walking by would wonder why Superman was hovering mid-air at Lois Lane’s apartment.
NEIGHBORS: That’s normal. Poor woman is stalked the flying freak.

She’d told him to stop by, he reasoned. She’d said she’d meet him here, and had reminded him of the unlocked window so he could wait indoors. Lois regularly reminded him the window was unlocked and he could just wait for her anytime,
This reminds me a lot of Cat and Mayson and how they behaved towards Clark.

He smirked and pulled the book off the shelf, feeling stunned when a wave of nausea then pain, flooded through him.
Awww, he found her stash! Say, is that the kryptonite bullet she dug up in Madame Ex?

a little perplexed why Lois hadn’t disposed of the Kryptonite bullet
Hey, it could be an elaborate trap to get Superman into her bed!

After briefly considering hiding it in the rarely used oven,
LOIS: You mean my shoe cupboard?

He flailed around as he slipped on the step, groping for the handrail, before inelegantly falling down the remaining stairs.
Nice way of getting Clark k’d, while keeping out the nasty a-plot.

We need to get you to the hospital.” “No,” Clark insisted as firmly as he could.
That’s right. Her bed is much closer. And easier to reach, now that his ankle is hurt.

“Lois, that’s ok. I should go home. If you could call a cab -”
/Points at board title/
/Points at place over yonder on board/
Did he hurt his head or something?

As her hands touched his skin he groaned at the sensation. “I’m sorry, Clark. I’m hurting you.”
Yes. Yes, she’s hurting him!

“I’ve got something for the swelling,” Lois announced
Nononono no. I can’t watch this. Not over here. Toomi is telling a sweet story. There’s nothing … untoward going on.

Don’t give me that look,” she admonished. “I may not have much use for these as food but it helps with my own injuries.
rotflol

He jumped as she placed the cold bag on his ankle. “Cold,” he responded to her inquiring look. “
Hush! Such a baby.

What was the piece of Kryptonite still doing here after she’d told him she’d disposed of it?
Aaaaah! Or had Lex hidden it there, trying to capture Superman?

Why did you stop by?” Lois asked as she reentered the living room changed out of her work attire, breaking Clark’s train of thought.
Lois! Did you get naked!

“I’m expecting Superman to drop by. Maybe he could stop by your apartment and grab you some clothes.”
Oh, that explains it.

Clothes?” Clark repeated, thoroughly confused
Yes. Like the ones Lois *isn’t* wearing right now.

You’ll need help until you can stand.”
Yes. He will have to be helped with showering.

and he settled on something that passed itself off as a comedy.
About a gutsy but helpless reporter and her social interest, the black terror of the night?

Where’s Superman? Did he stop by?” “No, he hasn’t -” Clark stopped when Lois reached over the back of the couch and took the remote from him. “He must be busy,” she mumbled as she flipped through the news channels, now well into their sports coverage.
laugh She really wants him to help her with Clark’s shower, huh?

After washing his hands, he reached for the towel when a wave of gut-wrenching pain flooded him again. He staggered against the wall, hearing something clatter to the ground as he fell. The pain vanished as he heard Lois’ muffled call of concern.
Wait, did she just check if her Superman trap was still armed?

Had he not been recovering from the shock of another exposure to Kryptonite,
I was right!

reminding himself that she couldn’t have known the consequences of opening the jewelry box to him
Yes, that's one way to look at it. Another is that she knows and set up a trap.

Thinking of which… where was it now? He spotted it back on the shelf, displayed predominantly. He tried to remember if he’d seen the metallic jewelry box before today but was sure this was the first time
Yep, she’s angry about something. Or has that mental disorder were you hurt someone to be needed in helping them get better. Münchhausen-by-proxy? No, not exactly, similar though.

As he ate, he felt a burning sensation spread from his mouth into his throat, his face began to feel warmer and his eyes watered. Coughing, he asked Lois for a glass of water.
And now she's poisoning him.

“They must have made the curry spicier for you. Usually you have no problems eating it, mocking me because I won’t have any.”
See? Definitely ticked off.

He wasn’t ungrateful for Lois’ offer to stay the night, but it meant one of them would be on the couch
LOIS: But it’s a big bed!

. He did not like feeling weak and exhausted, and had not enjoyed the sensation of his mouth on fire from the curry.
LOIS: Yes, I’d like to change my name. Yes … ‘Karma’. That’s right.

He wouldn’t hang in mid-air waiting to see if you’re available.”
Actually …

Clark responded crankily as he became more agitated, realizing he had done just that, especially during Superman’s first few months.
See?

You know what makes me laugh, and how to push my buttons. I know you fake innocence at times, but you are aware of what you’re doing,”
CLARK: I have never once pushed any of her buttons! Oh, you mean verbally …

You don’t get it do you? He’s got nothing on you, but you can’t see past your jealousy.” “My what?”
Yep, she’s ticked off.

Want to know what’s in it
Clark: help

You don’t think he’s stayed away because he knows it’s here? Maybe he can’t come by…?”
No, he can come by. He can even stay the night when kryptonite exposure is involved.

how amazing Lois tasted, wondering what had suddenly changed her mind about him to the point she was kissing him with a passion he had only dreamed of, and… Pain flooded him again and he groaned, trying not to curl up in a ball.
/Squints/ she seemed so sincere…

As Lois sat up, Clark rolled forwards, hazily aware the jewelry box was no longer on the coffee table.
Tsk tsk tsk tsk

Kryptonite,” he stammered. “The box fell.”
Now, how is he going to explain that?

He yawned widely as Lois stretched a hand out to him. “You can stay in my bed.”
So, she caught him, roofied him, and is now dragging him off to her bed.

CAT: And they call me *naughty*.

As long as he could get a good night kiss, it didn’t matter where he slept. “Excuse me?”
Oops?

He threw back the sheets and floated a few feet above the bed, delighting in the return of his powers.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if Lois were there?

. He’d tell her everything in the morning.
Yeah. Right.

That was a great Ficathon contribution! You checked all the boxes clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard