Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
Great job with Lois and Clark's banter - and Martha and Jonathan are greatly done too, of course!

The investigative journalism part about the library was so exciting to read about, I got really invested in it! And Martha's confession about how important it was to her made me tear up!

Love the funny bits interspersed in the narration, such as:

here in Smallville the closest thing they saw to traffic on Main St. was a bicycle.

or

Lois was pretty sure being in a hurry was illegal in Smallville.

or

She barely even heard the drunk who was up at the microphone causing Freddie Mercury to turn over in his grave.

and also in the dialogue:

“You could have asked me out, you know,” he teased. “This is the twentieth century.”

This whole scene is so beautiful!

I love Lois shopping for the date, such a cute scene!

The restaurant was such a quaint touch and I'm so glad that Lois liked it! I love those little places! (And I love the karaoke choices of the patrons, lol!)

The revelation! So well done, and this bit:

In another life, a date with Superman would have been a dream come true. But tonight, she’d only wanted to be with Clark.

So where did that leave her?

LOL at the Marilyn and Carol and their comment about the parking lot!

And the ending is just gorgeous!

This was a great story, fantastically done! I enjoyed every word of it!! Thank you for sharing! sloppy

I come from a small town so I was drawing on some of my own experiences here lol. The story about Clark reading every book in the library and not coming back for a few years as a result was something I actually did with my small town library. I am so glad you enjoyed this! I fully credit Carrie Rene with this plot.

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel