Thanks again for reading!

-Bek
hyper

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
From the mouth of babes…………………….

Good job delivering Jon’s POV—a raw and honest perspective as seen through the eyes of a child. Jon is able to acknowledge all the emotions without discounting the hurt and sadness. Then, he simply cuts to the heart of the matter and moves forward.
Instead, he clung to his dad and thought again how he might never let go.

We can learn a lot from this child. He quickly grasped the only thing that really mattered! And that is.....
And everything was just…as it should be. Finally, as it should be.

All of them together, as a family.
drool

Thank you for sharing this story.

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
If I could eat a story, I would eat this one and be fine with the resulting diabetes.

I love fics written from a kid's point of view. And when that kid is Clark's it's even better :3

Hope to see more of them smile

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
From the mouth of babes…………………….

Good job delivering Jon’s POV—a raw and honest perspective as seen through the eyes of a child. Jon is able to acknowledge all the emotions without discounting the hurt and sadness. Then, he simply cuts to the heart of the matter and moves forward.
Instead, he clung to his dad and thought again how he might never let go.

We can learn a lot from this child. He quickly grasped the only thing that really mattered! And that is.....
And everything was just…as it should be. Finally, as it should be.

All of them together, as a family.
drool

Thank you for sharing this story.

He is a VERY special child! I love writing from this POV but it's really challenging sometimes! eek

I love the quotes you pulled out -- those were some of my favorites as well. clap

Thank you again!

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
If I could eat a story, I would eat this one and be fine with the resulting diabetes.

Oh my gosh rotflol

Originally Posted by Blueowl
I love fics written from a kid's point of view. And when that kid is Clark's it's even better :3

Hope to see more of them smile

I do too! It's challenging to write, but I love it. love And this little boy Jon is VERY special! As I wrote in the other fdk post, I do have another one in the works. Hopefully it will eventually be ready to share. grin

Thank you for reading!!

-Bek
hyper

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for another touching story in this wonderful series. I adore Jon. He might only be five, but he’s smart and knows what’s important. I also love the following:

“And everything was just…as it should be. Finally, as it should be.

All of them together, as a family.”

Jon is spot on. I hope you write more in this universe! I love it!

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Songbird
Thanks for another touching story in this wonderful series. I adore Jon. He might only be five, but he’s smart and knows what’s important. I also love the following:

“And everything was just…as it should be. Finally, as it should be.

All of them together, as a family.”

Jon is spot on. I hope you write more in this universe! I love it!

Ahh, thank you so much, again!! love

I love Jon as well -- he is a precocious child, which I suppose is not too surprising considering who his parents are, and he does have his priorities in the right place grin

I have another story I'm working on that is Jon's story -- a similar universe, but different in a few ways.... Hopefully I'll get a chance to work on that one more soon!!

I greatly appreciate all the comments! Thank you so much!

-Bek
hyper

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bek!
Jon’s chest felt full, like his heart was just going to burst with happiness.
Awww, one story for each of them!

No glasses—he wasn’t wearing glasses like he did in every picture Jon had ever seen of his father. But that didn’t stop Jon from recognizing him. Not even for a second.
They never told him about Superman. Guess …a good idea. And his dad was just away on foreign business. Also, Little Jon is quite unlike Lois, what with him recognizing Clark without glasses.

Some…emotions that were not his. Something that made him feel happy and sad at the same time.
That’s gonna be a confusing childhood from now on. His dad’s not known for keeping his emotions in check.

This is the best Christmas ever. The best Christmas present ever, in the entire history of Christmas presents, he thought, another smile once more growing on his lips.
Hey, and who knows, it might not even be the last one of those.
TEMPUS: wave

… But the words came, and he couldn’t stop himself from mentally shoving them at the man still cradling him carefully in a solid embrace.
Now *that’s* Lois’s son!

? I’ve been wishing for a really long time…
Thoughts only do lightspeed.

Instead, he clung to his dad and thought again how he might never let go. Not ever. The End.
I think I may be repeating myself. Oh what the …

Awwwwww…

Thanks for this heartfelt little trilogy of yours clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
No glasses—he wasn’t wearing glasses like he did in every picture Jon had ever seen of his father. But that didn’t stop Jon from recognizing him. Not even for a second.

Hahaah omg I love the sweetness and the irony in this! lol

My heart was sad because I missed you. Even though we never met, I missed you. But now my heart is happy, Daddy. My heart is full, he thought.

“Mine too, kiddo. Mine too.”

And Jon felt another wave of love and warmth wash over him. Tears fell again, but he knew that they were what his mom called ‘happy tears.’ So he didn’t try to stop them. Instead, he clung to his dad and thought again how he might never let go.

Not ever.

And this was the best part!! GAHHHHHHHH!!! So sad but so happy! whinging

clap clap clap

Careful… I’m not sure how much longer you and I can claim we’re not really good at short stories! lol

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
They never told him about Superman. Guess …a good idea. And his dad was just away on foreign business. Also, Little Jon is quite unlike Lois, what with him recognizing Clark without glasses.

He's still too young to learn about Superman, I think! But yes, he immediately recognizes Clark. love

Some…emotions that were not his. Something that made him feel happy and sad at the same time.
That’s gonna be a confusing childhood from now on. His dad’s not known for keeping his emotions in check.

...Indeed! eek

… But the words came, and he couldn’t stop himself from mentally shoving them at the man still cradling him carefully in a solid embrace.
Now *that’s* Lois’s son!

Yes!! clap

Instead, he clung to his dad and thought again how he might never let go. Not ever. The End.
I think I may be repeating myself. Oh what the …

Awwwwww…

Thanks for this heartfelt little trilogy of yours clap

wave Michael

Glad you liked it!! love Thank you for reading!!

Originally Posted by KSaraSara

Hahaah omg I love the sweetness and the irony in this! lol

They're gonna have a problem and some 'splaining to do when Superman returns! lol

My heart was sad because I missed you. Even though we never met, I missed you. But now my heart is happy, Daddy. My heart is full, he thought.

“Mine too, kiddo. Mine too.”

And Jon felt another wave of love and warmth wash over him. Tears fell again, but he knew that they were what his mom called ‘happy tears.’ So he didn’t try to stop them. Instead, he clung to his dad and thought again how he might never let go.

Not ever.

And this was the best part!! GAHHHHHHHH!!! So sad but so happy! whinging

clap clap clap

No more sad! Let's be happy!!!!

Thank you for reading these little stories! I loved writing them, and you probably can tell I love little Jon... love

Careful… I’m not sure how much longer you and I can claim we’re not really good at short stories! lol

Sara smile

Shhhh! Let's keep it a secret still.....! lol

Really, it's been fun the last two months, and learning to write these little ficlets has been SO rewarding....

Thanks for reading!!

-Bek
hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard