Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#294332 12/16/22 07:15 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Here is the feedback page for my Season 1 of New Year's Eve. My contribution to Ficlet Friday. Thank you ahead of time for all of the feedback.

New Year's Season 1

Features Writer
Features Writer
Aww, Clark would definitely make sure she wasn't alone.
I'm glad she left Lex's party. Clark was right it's a party neither of them would enjoy smile
Nice ficlet of them sloppy

Features Writer
Features Writer
Love it! Very sweet story.

Agree that Clark would definitely not leave her to go to Lex's party alone love (and soooo glad she left early).

Love the banner as well, and thank you again for your efforts, CarrieRene!! I can't believe Ficlet Friday has been so successful -- although am I correct that all three of us failed this week to write under 1000 words? rotflol

Thanks again for sharing!

-Bek

hyper

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for a sweet story. I’m glad Lois left the party and that Clark went so she she wouldn’t be by herself. If Lois only knew what shortcut Clark took. Clark was right that it’s a party neither one needed to be at. I kiss for the future is a lovely ending! Thank you!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Thanks for a story that gives us a Lois Lane that appears to be more in touch with her real feelings! And a Lex Luthor that just begs to be slapped!
And Clark Kent to the rescue--no Superman in sight! Promising possibilities for the future.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

BTW, I love your banners. You do a fantastic job with these.

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by SuperBek
Love it! Very sweet story.

Agree that Clark would definitely not leave her to go to Lex's party alone love (and soooo glad she left early).

Love the banner as well, and thank you again for your efforts, CarrieRene!! I can't believe Ficlet Friday has been so successful -- although am I correct that all three of us failed this week to write under 1000 words? rotflol

Thanks again for sharing!

-Bek

hyper

Yes, I know there are not actually ficlets in terms. But I would think the effort we put it in counts. I haven't made the word count yet. Thank you.

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Aww, Clark would definitely make sure she wasn't alone.
I'm glad she left Lex's party. Clark was right it's a party neither of them would enjoy smile
Nice ficlet of them sloppy

Thank you. I do believe Clark would make sure she wouldn't be alone even in Season 1.

Originally Posted by Songbird
Thanks for a sweet story. I’m glad Lois left the party and that Clark went so she she wouldn’t be by herself. If Lois only knew what shortcut Clark took. Clark was right that it’s a party neither one needed to be at. I kiss for the future is a lovely ending! Thank you!

I know the shortcut I loved. Not like he would actually tell her. Thank you for the feedback.

Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
Thanks for a story that gives us a Lois Lane that appears to be more in touch with her real feelings! And a Lex Luthor that just begs to be slapped!
And Clark Kent to the rescue--no Superman in sight! Promising possibilities for the future.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

BTW, I love your banners. You do a fantastic job with these.

Yes, a Lois that is more in touch with her feelings is very good. When didn't Lex need to be slapped! Yeah, no Superman, just the romantic Clark who would do anything for Lois. And thank you for the compliment on the banners. I love making them.

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
She tensed up as he took her hand. Lois wasn’t sure what she was doing here. She knew Lex had feelings for her. He kept asking her out, and many times she had to decline because of a big story. It was flattering to have a billionaire interested in her. Yet was she really interested in him?

This paragraph is so great! It shows her discomfort with Lex and then does such a good job of explaining her state of mind. Because before this, I’m like, why the heck would she go to Lex’s NYE party?? But it’s *first* season Lois, and she *was* attracted to Lex on some level…she liked the attention or maybe it was even that she thought she *should* like the attention. So anyway, great job having her at the party and then telling us why and how she’s feeling! clap

“Lois, I went to Lex’s party looking for you. I must have gotten there right after you left the bellman said you had left in a cab. So I came here,” Clark explained with a smile, picking up his glass.

GAHH! This was everything! Because… I mean, we all were *pretty* sure that the evening would end with them bringing in the new year together…but reading along, I just wasn’t sure how! Especially when it was too late for Perry’s party. But that he WENT there to find her?? Not to her apartment to just check if she was there, but to Lex’s party! This was an emotional twist that just got me in the FEELS. love

kissed him sweetly on the lips. It wasn’t a kiss full of passion, it was a kiss of the future. Over the past year, she had gained a partner, a best friend, and a man that captured her heart even if she couldn’t admit the last part just yet. This New Year was full of possibilities. The first New Year’s Eve in years where she was looking forward to what comes next.

And the kiss! Such a perfect wrap up for season 1!! Hope for the future! Aww!

Great work!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Carrie-Rene!
the night of the White Orchid Ball. Now she stood within the same crowd in the same room as that night. Things were different now, yet still the same.
Awww, she gets to kiss Lex at the stroke of midnight.

Now as she stood around the crowd, she wondered where that partner of hers was hiding
Probably discovered one of those blonde floozies he so often hangs out with.

“Lois, my dear, there you are,” Lex stated, walking up beside her.
Oooh her boyfriend!

It was flattering to have a billionaire interested in her. Yet was she really interested in him?
Well, he does have a lot of money.

“Have you met Pierre LaVer? He is a renowned plastic surgeon from Paris.” Lex asked
See, Lex has a solution for every problem.

“Why would I know a plastic surgeon? Do you think I need one?” Lois fussed, guiding her hands quickly over her sides and waist.
clap

Tonight there was no story here, so why was she even here?
She could investigate one of the local crime bosses hosting the party.

Lois had forty minutes to get anywhere else, but here
Stand on the balcony, give Clark a quick call so he knows what she's planning, then call for Superman and jump. Next, tell Superman where she wants to be taken.

She looked up in surprise to find a dark-haired gentleman holding the door for her. The sadness she felt at having to spend the strike of midnight alone disappeared.
Awww did Claude come by for a New Year’s get-together?

“But how did you know, Clark? I just left the party,” Lois wondered as she put her arm around his and led him into her apartment building.
Superman was keeping an eye on a sketchy neighborhood and saw her leave.

“I took a shortcut.
The Earth is round. If you fly over the Arctic circle, you get there faster than anything in a straight line.
LOIS: Why would he fly over the Arctic when I'm just across town?
CLARK: Ummm…it had nothing to do with seeing her in that dress.

The first New Year’s Eve in years where she was looking forward to what comes next.
Awww…she's looking forward to winning another Kerth in the new year.

Perfect little story for the end of the year smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard