Features Writer
Wish Upon A Star

Happy Ficlet Friday all!

Comments?

-Bek

love

Top Banana
Top Banana
You new writers for this forum have gotten me back reading on the forum again! I thought I was done but the new stories have been such a revelation (no pun intended).

Thanks for your efforts.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Columnist
Columnist
Awe, I love this so much. Such a great story. And guess what I always go over 1000 words for my ficlet.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved this ^_^
Little Jon was so cute :3

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging whinging whinging

~•~
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Hey, I could use another 1000 or more words to experience more of this lovely tale. Thanks for sharing.

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
What Queen said: whinging whinging whinging whinging

So beautiful and it gets me right in allllllll the FEELS. The sad and the happy and the yearning and wistful and GAHHHHH!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
QueenoftheCapes and KSaraSara -- Awww, no crying, you two!! At least I didn't leave it at the half-way point, which I could have done.... evil

Penny_Lane -- Maybe I'll write another for next Friday love

CarrieRene -- Thank you! And thank you for contributing to Ficlet Friday! I love reading all of the short stories that have come out in the last month or so smile1

Blueowl -- Thank you! I have a longer story I'm working on right now with Jon as well (not this same Jon, but similar-ish). Hopefully my other WIPs will somehow finish themselves so I can get back to that one. lol

Thank you all for reading!

-Bek
hyper

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Mike M
You new writers for this forum have gotten me back reading on the forum again! I thought I was done but the new stories have been such a revelation (no pun intended).

Thanks for your efforts.

Mike

These words mean more to me than you know, Mike!

I've been a long-time lurker (here and of stories posted on the Archive), and I've always loved writing, but I'd been too scared to share my writing with anyone until just recently... eek I don't know why I decided to make the leap and finally join in the conversation/share my writing. KSaraSara gave me a lot of encouragement (and I probably wouldn't be here, sharing, if she hadn't), and I'm really, really happy to finally be here, contributing in whatever way I can to keeping the fandom going.

Thank you for reading! smile1

-Bek
hyper

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
This is beautiful! I was in tears. I’m so thankful Clark came back. This melted my heart:

“You made a wish last night, didn’t you? I heard you.” His eyes drifted up to Lois’s briefly, and he added, “I heard both of you.”

I hope you write another 1,000 words to continue this. Thanks for a lovely Christmas story.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Songbird
This is beautiful! I was in tears. I’m so thankful Clark came back. This melted my heart:

“You made a wish last night, didn’t you? I heard you.” His eyes drifted up to Lois’s briefly, and he added, “I heard both of you.”

I hope you write another 1,000 words to continue this. Thanks for a lovely Christmas story.

I'm glad you loved that line! That was one of my favorites as well. love

I'm thinking on this for next week! So, we'll see... smile1

Thank you for reading, and for your wonderful feedback!

I really appreciate everyone's comments love

-Bek

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Bek!
Summary: Lois and her son Jon make their annual Christmas wish. Will they finally receive the Christmas miracle they’ve been hoping for?
Clark’s away on New Krypton and got Lois pregnant first?

“Mommy, show me again. Which star is Daddy’s?”
/checks box/

Lois sighed again and gazed back out toward Clark’s star. It twinkled innocently, reliably. She’d never had trouble finding it.
clap

They both twisted back toward the window and gasped as two bright white dots streaked across the black sky, one after the other, and then faded rapidly.
That’s just a coincidence. That ship clearly came from Beta-Sirius, not Krypton. Little gray men, not tallish Caucasian ones.

“Santa came. Did you see?” The boy nodded and turned toward the heaps of presents under the tree, his face lighting up. “Can I wake up Grandma and Grandpa so we can—” A soft knock at the door interrupted him, and Jon immediately jumped out of her arms with an enthusiastic, “I’ll get it!”
Wow, a six-year-old who doesn’t just focus on presents? And Lois’s six-year-old to boot?

. If only Clark were here, her coffee would never— “D-daddy?”
See?

For now, she would just recognize this for what it was—a Christmas miracle, borne out of love and a wish upon a star. The End.
g-aaaaawwwww

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a sweet little fic! Jon is a lovely character. Will we see him again?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard