OP Offline
Features Writer

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well, as you know… I finally caught up to where you’ve posted last night (er… 2am… lol)

OMG was the build up ever worth it! EGADS, woman! I’m not even sure where to start with FDK, so I’ll just… start with the easy and first chapter:

Ch 22—I love that this Clark gets to accomplish something so great and actually get the thanks of world leaders. He so very much deserves it! And the BEST part of the chapter is, of course, that even after all that, jogging with Lois is the highlight of his day!! SQUEEEE!!

Ch 23—okay, so I always feel weird using this word because it’s just a wonky word…but OMG was I on tenterhooks the WHOLE time! So eager yet so scared to find out what exactly was going on! THAT KISS! Omg that was everything! So good! And I’m so, SO glad, especially knowing the truth now, that he’d been able to resist kissing her and vice versa until now because… whoa. And I 1,000,000% love that she KNOWS right away that it wasn’t this Clark because there’s no room for that kind of drama in this fic (at least not right now…hopefully not later? lol) You do all the feelings and tension and narrative crafting all SO WELL!!

Ch 24–LOVE the description of him going into the sun…and omg can I just say how brilliant this idea is? Because… OF COURSE…throw his body into the sun because we don’t want clones and all the things… but OMG SUN AND HEALING!!! jawdrop Again…all the emotions here are just… GAHHHHHH. So much GAH!

But now that THIS reveal is through…

OMG WHY DOES IT STILL HURT HIM???

AND WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN TO MY POOR ALTCLARK??? whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging

Sara (who is very much enjoying the torturous angst ride!!)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm with Sara.

Excellent writing, as usual laugh

I had thought this Lois' Clark had died and his spirit was sticking around for a bit to make sure Lois and his world was alright before he would 'move on' but this makes even more sense. And I'm glad Lois knew right away that it was her Clark. Thanks for side stepping that kind of drama (where she thinks AltClark was trying to take advantage of her or some needless angst). Truly. I enjoy and prefer the type of feels you're doing hyper

I liked the UN part too, though I do wonder what the world really thinks of him. Have they noticed any differences between him and their Superman??

Anyway, looking forward to more ^_^

Columnist
Columnist
WOW! I knew it was a part of other Clark that was somehow possessing him or taking over him in some way, but I never guessed he was alive! That's both incredibly rewarding and incredibly heartbreaking. Poor AltClark!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Well, as you know… I finally caught up to where you’ve posted last night (er… 2am… lol)

OMG was the build up ever worth it! EGADS, woman! I’m not even sure where to start with FDK, so I’ll just… start with the easy and first chapter:

Ch 22—I love that this Clark gets to accomplish something so great and actually get the thanks of world leaders. He so very much deserves it! And the BEST part of the chapter is, of course, that even after all that, jogging with Lois is the highlight of his day!! SQUEEEE!!

twins

SQUEEEE!! does seem pretty appropriate here, I agree! smile1

And I really have enjoyed writing all the parts where he's doing things for the world as Superman.

Ch 23—okay, so I always feel weird using this word because it’s just a wonky word…but OMG was I on tenterhooks the WHOLE time! So eager yet so scared to find out what exactly was going on! THAT KISS! Omg that was everything! So good! And I’m so, SO glad, especially knowing the truth now, that he’d been able to resist kissing her and vice versa until now because… whoa. And I 1,000,000% love that she KNOWS right away that it wasn’t this Clark because there’s no room for that kind of drama in this fic (at least not right now…hopefully not later? lol) You do all the feelings and tension and narrative crafting all SO WELL!!

Gah, thank you so much for this! I absolutely loved writing this chapter, and I agree, no room for that kind of drama here!

Ch 24–LOVE the description of him going into the sun…and omg can I just say how brilliant this idea is? Because… OF COURSE…throw his body into the sun because we don’t want clones and all the things… but OMG SUN AND HEALING!!! jawdrop Again…all the emotions here are just… GAHHHHHH. So much GAH!

x250!

lol

But now that THIS reveal is through…

OMG WHY DOES IT STILL HURT HIM???

AND WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN TO MY POOR ALTCLARK??? whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging

Sara (who is very much enjoying the torturous angst ride!!)

....I can't say anything and will go back to hiding behind my rock now....

peep

-Bek hyper

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
I'm with Sara.

Excellent writing, as usual laugh

I had thought this Lois' Clark had died and his spirit was sticking around for a bit to make sure Lois and his world was alright before he would 'move on' but this makes even more sense. And I'm glad Lois knew right away that it was her Clark. Thanks for side stepping that kind of drama (where she thinks AltClark was trying to take advantage of her or some needless angst). Truly. I enjoy and prefer the type of feels you're doing hyper

I liked the UN part too, though I do wonder what the world really thinks of him. Have they noticed any differences between him and their Superman??

Anyway, looking forward to more ^_^

Thank you (again!) for the positive feedback and for reading!

I was really interested to hear what everyone was thinking, and I'm surprised no one guessed! Although given that I'm writing in first person, and AltClark didn't have any real idea what was going on, I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised lol

I don't want to say much else so I don't give anything away. But thank you again!!

More coming shortly...

-Bek

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by lovetvfan
WOW! I knew it was a part of other Clark that was somehow possessing him or taking over him in some way, but I never guessed he was alive! That's both incredibly rewarding and incredibly heartbreaking. Poor AltClark!

I agree. "Terrible and wonderful" is the phrase I always have in my head for things like this.

But yes, poor Clark here.... whinging

Thank you again for reading and for the feedback!! smile1

-Bek

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man... where do we go from here? thud

These parts were just jammed packed with plot twists and surprises. I had a sneaking suspicion that Kal-El was still alive, but on New Krypton, not the Earth's sun. Love the description of the sun and all the incredible powers it gave Alt-Clark. Imagine being able to watch Lois from 93 million miles away!

A book about Superman's experiences on New Krypton? The question now is, who will write it?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard