Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#293623 11/14/22 02:06 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
This was on hold for a short time while I worked on Devil In Disguise. Now that it is finally finished, I'll try to finish it. Thank you ksarasara for the quick turnaround on this chapter. Enjoy!

Previous chapters can be found here.

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I really loved the bit from Jonathan about his and Martha’s time protesting in the Civil Rights movement and how that ties into their values and the values they taught Clark… and are now embodied in Superman. Clark may not be taking over the farm, but he’s VERY much carrying on his parents’ tradition of fighting for what’s right and protecting those who need it. So beautiful how you tied that in!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thank you. I wish at times they had talked more about the past and what Jonathan and Martha bought to the equation. Yes, they raised him, and taught him what was right and wrong, but what about civil rights and such. I love fanfiction, you can write ideas that make the character better and how they became who they are.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Very interesting on Jonathan's family. I wonder if any of his great nephews or distant relatives would ever be interested in taking over the farm or something.
It's sorta sad that the farm will likely fall away, and I can understand Clark's feelings about that, but family is not a place. I hope he realizes that with Lois soon and that he'll return to being what Martha and Jonathan raised him to be.
Looking forward to more.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Coming in late to this story, but I hope you get to finish it soon! (selfishly really, really wants to see L&C get married on the farm! That's the BEST place for their wedding!! Squeee!!!)

SO much going on here, with all of Clark's complex emotions about the family dying in the fire, the farm being in disrepair, his dad's poor health...him not being able to save everyone... How hard must that all be to deal with? I can't imagine.

I've read a few stories (I can never recall the names, and it's been a while, so I can't really recall the details either) where Clark basically decides he HAS to be Superman all the time, because if there are people out there who need help, how can he NOT help? How can he be doing anything else? (His thoughts in those stories, I mean).

But here, in this story, the heart of it is that he's having to deal with the fact that those around him, whom he loves, are mortal...and can (and will eventually) die. And there's not anything he can do about that. ...And that's something that is just REALLY, REALLY hard for him to handle.

So, I'm interested to see how the rest of it plays out -- will he accept that he can and should and must go back to Metropolis with Lois? His mom is certainly giving him all the reassurance and everything he needs. (And Lois has been really great all through this too!)

But, what an emotional roller coaster for him!

Thanks for sharing, and I hope that you can finish up the last few chapters!

wildguy (I think this is supposed to be the *poke* *poke* *poke* smiley confused)

-Bek
hyper

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard