Next Thread
Print Thread
L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
This really is a 'bridge' section. I really wanted to pair it with the next section, but I never had time to write it. So sorry.. i realize it's completely lacking in any kind of plot, but it does set up the next section (hhhmmmm... kind of like certain movies I've seen and hated..) :-)

I will endeavor to get the next section out as soon as I can - maybe tonight after my daughter falls asleep i can get in some time.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Kerth
Kerth
This really is a 'bridge' section.
However it was a good part smile

Perry exhaled steadily, trying to regain his sense of balance. Yes dear. Always remember – the correct answer is ‘Yes dear’ “Yes, dear.”
Ok, I'll learn that. Someday it could be useful smile

I can’t tell her he’s H.G. Wells. She’ll throw me out.
Sure wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Good stuff Leela..welcome back!

This was a bridge section but it worked nicely and I like the way Alice was so understanding.

Can't wait for more!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It may have been a bridge, but it was still a fun crossing smile1 I enjoyed it a lot. Of course, I'm a bit bouncy this morning for other reasons, but still...

All this marital stuff with Perry and Alice is a hoot:

He shook his head, laughing. “Alice, darlin, what would you have done if I had minded?”

“Asked Superman for help in finding my husband, since clearly you’d have been an imposter. I know how you feel about her.”
Perry exhaled steadily, trying to regain his sense of balance. Yes dear. Always remember – the correct answer is ‘Yes dear’ “Yes, dear.”
Just tell her. Better to have Lois mad at me than Alice. I live with Alice.
And then we have this ray of hope at the end:

"...she said… this s the craziest thing. She said it’s okay with her. Perry, honestly, she sounded kind of eager to see him.”
So now they both know they'll be having dinner together, which gives both of them plenty of time to be nervous wrecks beforehand! goofy

Write more, post more! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay welcome back. Bridge is way better than nothing! <g> I like Alice. She's so devious. It would have been so much fun to see Clark's total surprise when Lois shows up, but yeah yeah that's not really fair. grumble

Keep on plugging!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool Love Alice and Perry conversation.

45 minutes later, she came into the living room where Perry was reading a book.

“How did it go? You look no worse for the wear.”

“I’m fine. And she said… this s the craziest thing. She said it’s okay with her. Perry, honestly, she sounded kind of eager to see him.”

“Really? Did she say so?”

“Not in words, but I could tell… do you think there’s any hope?”
blush I hope Lois call Clark and ask him if he will like her to pick him up.

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Excellant transitional instalment.

It was nice to see the conversation between Alice and Perry, and it was necessary for Alice to be in the know. It was fun to again see someone's reactions to Lois' horrific ordeal.

The other good thing about this instalment is that it sets the gentle readers up for the next chapter. Everyone will be salivating to see the 'dinner party'.

Tank (who thinks it's about time for Luthor to rear his ugly head and provide us with some whams)

L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Tank: A lex wham is imminent.

Everyone: Thanks for enjoying this. I'll keep on writing!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Leela

A great part! smile1

Tricia cool

Features Writer
Features Writer
Welcome back Leela,
good segment
A bridge is better than nothing
and I want more soon please
merry

Features Writer
Features Writer
Leela, I really liked this dialogue between Perry and Alice. Bridge stuff is necessary too - you can't always have a-plot or heavy angst and introspection. And obviously we can't call for smoochies yet either... frown

And as much as I would have liked to see the look of undisguised surprised delight on Clark's face when he first saw Lois at the dinner, I gave a huge cheer for Perry when he said this:
“I think you should tell him. I’m not terribly thrilled with playing mind games with Clark. He’s my friend, and he never plays any sort of mind games himself. I think we owe it to him to be as honest with him as he is with us.”
Tank's probably pretty happy, but I'm worried about the Lex wham that's coming. eek Will it help bring Lois and Clark together? If so, then I guess it will be worth it...

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard