Features Writer
Act 3 is now complete hyper
I hope you all enjoyed. Please share any favorite parts or quotes smile

I'm now working on Act 4, which I've named: Beckoning

Chapter 9: Keeper

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you very much for another intriguing part of this AU. Lois and Clark are finally getting married. I wonder if they make it the first time or if you've also got some interruptions up your sleeve. I'm guessing that Lord Nor and his assassin will make an appearance somewhere along the path of Beckoning. And I'm really curious what else you'll come up with.

I'll be along for the ride

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I love it! This Clark is so kind, but so perceptive and proactive. I can't help but think how my life would be different if I'd been more like that. Standing up to the Lanes when they were fighting instead of watching helplessly. I honestly never know what to do in situations like that. But he handled it with such wisdom and grace. I'm trying hard to learn how to be like that.

I'm quite intrigued at what you're doing with his aura. Can't wait to see what's next!

(apparently feedback feeds muses, so hopefully this is a nice cookie for her =)

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
One of my favorite characteristics of your Clark/Kal is the way he uses his authority and the command he seems to hold over others—sparingly but meaningfully. I can’t remember if there were examples of this in Acts 1 and 2, but here in just this half of Keeper there are two… Where he halts the arguments with the Lanes and when he halts the NKers during the UN meeting…and I’m not sure whether you intended it or not, but the first mirrored and foreshadowed the second beautifully! Those parts both just really gave me strong FEELS!

I also love how you’ve explored his powers in a different an more in-depth way that we got to see in the series! I’m not sure our Clark would be so analytical or frank as yours is, but you’ve built such a rich and strong version of Clark with Investigate that it makes for a enjoyable and exciting journey to be on! smile

And now I shall make everyone jealous with the fact that I get to go start reading Act 4… wink

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
They could have watched from home of course, and they were recording it on their VHS, but they wanted to see as much as they could live, and the best way to do that was to watch it from Lazy Luigi’s, which prided itself on having the largest collection of televisions in Smallville.

Largest collection of televisions? Although I do have to say it was fun to see Martha and Jonathan hanging out with the rest Smallville, watching their son take his place in history.

"As you told us before, the future is what we make of it. And for New Krypton, that future is now up to her people. You've done more than we could have ever expected. We'll take it from here," Zara said, before doing what they all knew was quite un-Kryptonian.

She placed her hands on either side of his face, gazing up at him tenderly.

"Your place is here, on Earth," she stated.

Kal-El is probably curious to know more about the culture, but doing so would mean leaving everything and everyone he loves behind. This is much better. They got themselves into this mess with Nor, it is high time they got themselves out of it ...on their own.

A moment later, Clark Kent, Kal-El, Superman, whatever, entered with their drinks.

Yeah, Lucy I'm with you! dizzy

"So welcome to the world's most exclusive club," Lois announced gleefully. "Now, shall we get on finalizing stuff for the wedding? I would really like to be able to get mother off our backs. As you can imagine, mother is eager to tack on as much as possible since Daddy is paying for it all."

Glad Ellen decided to grow up and allow her daughter to work on her wedding without her parents bickering.

The three female Lanes and Melissa were about to go out to where everything was set up: in front of the Kent Farm, under the sycamore tree bearing the names of the Kents that had come before. Lois had shown her family that not long after they had arrived and they were immediately even more taken with the loving atmosphere of Clark's home.

Lovely touch. This pretty much shows that Clark is more Terran than Kryptonian in many ways. The wedding was simple and mellow. No memory loss or wedding destroyers to mar a wonderful day. All weddings should be so dignified and low key. My only complaint is that Lois and Clark have so few friends.

Looking forward to the next part. dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard