Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#293088 09/25/22 08:31 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I wrote another chapter. Thank you, Morgana, for BR this for me again. I decided some history of Martha's family was needed. Thank you to everyone that has left feedback for this and kept reading this story. I think this is the quickest I have written a chapter since I started this over four years ago. By the way, yes, I know the story is moving faster - I have my reasons.

The previous chapters can be found here.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Awww, Martha's history is so sad, but it really explains a lot about her. I wonder what her mom would think about her life now and how vital she has been in shaping the hero who has literally saved the world.

Admittedly, that does make me wonder how Martha or Jonathan's parents would have reacted in learning about Clark.

Anyway, loved the dress scene. Looking forward to more.

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Ahhhh!! I just caught up on this last night and this morning! I love the themes of Clark being too hard on himself and Lois needing to take care of him and show him who he is—both Superman and Clark. He definitely needs her to ground him—and btw, one of my favorite lines and my headcanon as well, that the sound of her heartbeat grounds him. Gahhh!

Another favorite part was in chapter 5 when Lois goes to the hospital and asks to see her “father-in-law” and the admin lady was essentially like, “Hey, Lois! No need to lie. You’re family. Go on back.” (But you said it better—I’m just not going back to dig up the quote. goofy)

And EEEEEE! I loved Lois’ proposal! Just perfect! love

I’m glad to see him coming out of things now, but I was also glad to see him still a bit resistant to leaving Smallville and accepting that help is all around them, he IS doing enough even when he lives in Metropolis, and that there are all types of family—he just has to learn to embrace all that!

Looking forward to seeing the rest!!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Awww, Martha's history is so sad, but it really explains a lot about her. I wonder what her mom would think about her life now and how vital she has been in shaping the hero who has literally saved the world.

Admittedly, that does make me wonder how Martha or Jonathan's parents would have reacted in learning about Clark.

Anyway, loved the dress scene. Looking forward to more.

I found a picture of the perfect dress and wrote up the description from there. Thank you so much for the feedback. We needed more of Martha's history, I think, and how she became such a wonderful woman.

Originally Posted by KSaraSara
Ahhhh!! I just caught up on this last night and this morning! I love the themes of Clark being too hard on himself and Lois needing to take care of him and show him who he is—both Superman and Clark. He definitely needs her to ground him—and btw, one of my favorite lines and my headcanon as well, that the sound of her heartbeat grounds him. Gahhh!

Another favorite part was in chapter 5 when Lois goes to the hospital and asks to see her “father-in-law” and the admin lady was essentially like, “Hey, Lois! No need to lie. You’re family. Go on back.” (But you said it better—I’m just not going back to dig up the quote. goofy)

And EEEEEE! I loved Lois’ proposal! Just perfect! love

I’m glad to see him coming out of things now, but I was also glad to see him still a bit resistant to leaving Smallville and accepting that help is all around them, he IS doing enough even when he lives in Metropolis, and that there are all types of family—he just has to learn to embrace all that!

Looking forward to seeing the rest!!

Sara smile

Yes, I have seen that heartbeat used many times before and I think it was true. And yes, in a small town, they would know exactly who she is and how close she was to the family. I am so ecstatic that you were able to catch up to this. Thank you so much.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois' heartbeat does ground him in so many ways! But I wonder, what about Martha and Jonathan's heartbeats? Has Clark ever keyed in on theirs?

Love how everything is coming together in this fic.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard