Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
And...we're back! In case you missed it -- This story is complete. It will be posted daily M-F.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Wow what a start! I definitely wasn’t expecting that. I know I’ve said this before, but it does sadden me that Cat was really only used as a contrast to Lois when she definitely was a lot deeper than how she portrays herself and that was already evident at the end of Witness with respect to what she said to Lois and at the end of the day what she wants is for Lois to be happy (evident by her giving up her thanksgiving) and if there is one thing Lois lacked throughout the series was a female friend who was her equal.

Looking forward to everything else that you and Kathy have cooked up. Keep it coming!

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 07/18/22 04:42 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, this is bound to get exciting. Lois is after Luthor, which means lots of potential danger. Can't wait for those 12 days to pass until Lois and Clark will see each other again. But for the time being, I will gladly take another phone conversation. Thanks for posting again.

Last edited by bakasi; 07/18/22 09:57 AM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
It’s off to a great start and I love it already! It was very nice of Cat to forfeit her Thanksgiving vacation so Lois can spend it in Smallville with Clark. Maybe those two will end up as friends yet. I can’t wait for Clark to get to Metropolis. I’m looking forward to part 2 tomorrow. Thanks!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I'm so excited! Even more story by Annie! And now I'm gonna have to wait even longer to read it (and just as I was about to build a book out of Written in the Stars to put on my kindle...) But I'm excited for more! Yay!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I waited until today to start my binge session and man, I was not disappointed! dance Now that's the way to start any fic...in the newsroom!

“Lois….” Cat said skeptically. “You can’t– You know you can’t just request a holiday off a few weeks before, right? That date has probably been blacked out for six months. At least. People request time off for holidays way in advance.”

“How was I supposed to know I would have plans for Thanksgiving six months ago?” Her voice was rising in volume and pitch. She could see her coworkers starting to give her a wide berth.

“Everyone…knows that,” Cat said, not unkindly. “I thought you knew…. That’s just how it is with popular dates off.”

“I didn’t know, because I’ve never done it!” Lois said. “I’ve worked every Thanksgiving, every Christmas, every holiday since I started here. I have plenty of seniority. I could have taken those days. But I didn’t. I always work them because I know other people have…families and plans and… How was I supposed to know? I already told him-”

Poor Lois! As a workaholic who had a very limited social life it isn't surprising that she is unaware of the necessity of putting in for Thanksgiving vacation at least six months in advance. But than I understand her argument as well. When I was single, many of my married co-workers wrongfully assumed that I won't have plans and so would ignore my request for time off. That usually only happened once...

She would start by talking to Perry and asking for a favor. She never asked for favors. She never threw around her Pulitzer or whined about all the unpaid overtime she put in. This paper owed her a million favors, and it was time she cashed some in.

She took one more steadying breath, feeling much more resolved, and headed back to work.

Mad. Dog. Lane. wildguy

“Don’t go getting sentimental,” Cat said, eyes still on her screen. “I didn’t want to go to my sister’s anyway. I go every year and hate it. The turkey is dry and so is the conversation.”

“I don’t know what to say,” she said, overwhelmed by this act of kindness.

“Say you’re going to make me proud and spend the weekend swinging from the chandeliers.”

Lois laughed and shook her head. “Thank you,” she said. “This…means a lot to me.”

Wow. That was incredibly generous of Cat. She is not as bad as some folks think. Bravo!

Toni Taylor is dead? Killed only minutes before she was supposed to meet with Lois and give an in-depth interview? Oh yeah, Lex is definitely in the middle of this fiasco! Didn't he warn Toni not to breath a word to anyone about his involvement with the Toasters? I can't imagine this being anyone else. Oh boy! Maybe Clark will 'hop a plane' to help her investigate? One can only hope. What a cool mystery!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard